Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

West Stadium*July 17th, UC Berkeley*Door Prizes listed-1st ed Base Charizard + more**

Gym Leader Blaine

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15
WEST COST STADIUM CHALLENGE

When: July 17, 2004

Where: University California- Berkeley - Pauley Ballroom (around the Bay area just in case anyone wanted to know)

Registration begins at 8:00 am
Tournaments will start at 10:00 am

Deck Check Sheet (in PDF format) for the event. Download now!!!

Cost: $10.00 (VIP badges will be accepted at the WCSC)

All participants receive a METANG #023 Stadium Challenge stamped Promo Card just for entering

Format: Swiss rounds 1-match, number of rounds depends on number of players. Playoffs will be best-of-3.

Prizes for main event:

Top sixteen finishers in each of the 3 age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place
 An Invite to the World Championships in August, 2004
 A Travel award for you and a guest to the 2004 World Championships. Click here for details about Travel awards.
 VIP Stage 2 package
 A combination of 72 booster packs from the Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series

2nd Place
 A Travel award for you and a guest to the 2004 World Championships. Click here for details about Travel awards.
 A combination of 44 Booster Packs from the Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series

3rd & 4th Place
 A combination of 36 Booster Packs from Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series

5th through 8th Place
 A combination of 18 Booster Packs from the Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series

9th through 12th Place
 A combination of 9 Booster Packs from the Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series

13th through 16th Place
 A combination of 9 Booster Packs from the Pokémon-e TCG: EX Series

Tournament Organizer for the Event: Tymon Martindale AKA Gym Leader Blaine

Head Judge for the event: Richard Walkoski AKA Big Daddy Snorlax

Head Judges per age group:

10 & Under: SD PokéMom
11 - 14: bulbasnore
15 & Over: Chrisbo

Judging staff:
Terry Kamm
Chris Clanton
John Spurlock
Glen Larimer
Nicole
Open

We have room for 4 more judges to help with the event. Please PM BDS for more information

Door Prizes

1st Edition Base Set Charizard (Green Wing)

You read right, a 1st Edition Base set Charizard. Now is your chance to own one of sought out cards in Pokemon.

1st Edition Ivy Pikachu Promo #1

This is your chance to get the very rare 1st Edition Ivy Pikachu promo #1. We all have Promo #1, but how many of them are the 1st Edition. These were printed by WOTC, but at the last minute they decided not to make the first promo card 1st Edition, and they were not sent out to Leagues. A couple of these were put in 1st Edition Jungle packs, but not many were found. It is a very valuable card, and I am happy to give it out as a door prize.

Other Door Prizes will include:

-Box of Hidden Legends.
-Jumbo Pokemon Cards
-Absol Box Topper
-Groudon Box Topper
-Foil Energies
-and much more

Side events
Event Fee:
$20 Booster Draft
Mini Modified Tournaments free
Unlimited Tournament free
Gameboy Tournament free

Side Evens Planned for the WCSC, please remember that they will be more then one GBA and Mini-Modified tournaments, but only one major Unlimited and HL Booster Draft tournament:

Mini-Modified Side Tournaments

Entry Fee: Free

Description: The Mini-Modified tournaments will happen at the start of the second to the last round of the Main tournament and will go throughout the finals. Mini-Modified tournaments will be open to all players that drop out or finish the main tournament early. These will be small 4 Swiss rounds modified tournaments without being age-modified, which means it is open to all players of all ages. There will be a couple of these tournaments throughout the finals.

Prizes for Mini-Modified tournament:

1st Place: 24 Pokemon Booster Packs+Torchic #006 Promo
2nd Place: 18 Pokemon Booster Packs+Torchic #006 Promo
3rd & 4th Place: 9 Pokemon Booster Packs+Torchic #006 Promo for 3rd place
5th – 8th Place: 3 Pokemon Booster Packs

GameBoy Side Tournaments

Description: The GBA side event will be held during the main playoffs of the West Coast Stadium Challenge. The GBA tournaments are open to all, but we are going to cap the number of players at 32 players per GBA tournament. The GBA tournament will be a single elimination tournament. You will play with 3 Pokemon level 50 or lower. For a complete listing of the rules and which Pokemon are banned from the GBA side event please check our website at www.slcpokemon.com.

Prizes for GBA Side Tournament:

1st Place: 24 Pokemon Booster Packs+Torchic #006 Promo

Hidden Legends Booster Draft Side Tournament

Entry Fee: $20

Description: The Hidden Legends Booster Side event is scheduled to happen after the main event. With the entry fee each player will receive 6 booster packs of Hidden Legends to build a 40-card deck to play with. This will be an Age-Modified tournament with Swiss rounds. Prizes to be handed out to the top place players after the Swiss rounds of play to each of the age groups.

Prizes for Booster Draft Side Tournament:
Each age group will receive the following prizes (10& under, 11 thru 14, and 15 & up)

1st Place: 36 Pokemon Booster Packs+Torchic #006 Promo

Unlimited Side Tournament

Description: The Unlimited Side event is scheduled to happen after the main event. This tournament is open to all players, and will be an Age-Modified Swiss round tournament. All cards by WOTC & PUI are allowed in this tournament except for Ancient Mew and the card know as Happy Birthday Pikachu. Prizes are to be handed out to the top place players of each age group after the Swiss rounds of play.

Prizes for Unlimited Side Tournament:
Each age group will receive the following prizes (10& under, 11 thru 14, and 15 & up)

1st Place: 36 Pokemon Booster Packs +
Nintendo Game Cube & Pokemon Colosseum Game+Torchic #006 Promo
2nd Place: 24 Pokemon Booster Packs+Torchic #006 Promo
3rd & 4th Place: 12 Pokemon Booster Packs+Torchic #006 Promo for 3rd place
5th – 8th Place: 6 Pokemon Booster Packs

Accommodations:

A list of Hotels in the area are on our website HERE

Driving Directions:

DrivING directions are on our site HERE

MORE INFORMATION TO COME SOON. START PLANNING YOUR TRIPS NOW :thumb:

WEST IS THE BEST

Last edited:
So,you`re saying that you`ll disavow any knowledge,huh Tymon?;)

I swear, it better be in the Bay Area. SoCal Gets EVERYTHING, Central CA is due for an event. They get TWO GC's down there, and we get none. Our TO tried to get a GC, but got denied, this is so unfair, I don't have money, nor ride to get down south for events like this, if SoCal gets an SC, they will have 3 chances, while Central Gets None, it costs money for North CA and Upper States to go down, This way, it'll be more fair for all around.

~TruK

Sensei said:
So,you`re saying that you`ll disavow any knowledge,huh Tymon?;)

Sensei, it is like the mission impossable thing. If you are caught PUI will disavow any knowledge of you. :p

TRUK just relax man. You do have a point though and we should get more events up north and Washington/Oregon/Nevada/Arizona should be able to attend a Stadium Challenge, although i'm pretty sure it will be in San Diego, because events have worked out well there before. It would be unfair to completely shaft norcal though of ANYTHING. I'm so there at those GCs btw peeps.

I'd also like to know something else that i find quite distrubing: WHY DOES TEXAS get 2 Gcs and a SC? They have had a weak player base for awhile now. I sure hope they add a whole lot more to that list they have up, because two of the best states for pokemon are non existant on their location list : MICHIGAN AND THE KING OF ALL : OHIO. Anyway, anyone else got any more thoughts?

Scizor said:
I'd also like to know something else that i find quite distrubing: WHY DOES TEXAS get 2 Gcs and a SC? They have had a weak player base for awhile now.

Uh, you might want to check attendance from the latest events in Texas. For quite some time they were offered only one Prerelease... due to the large increase in attendance, they've been awarded two preimere events whenever they occur. Texas is a large state and in the Southern Corner of the United States. It makes perfect sense, geographically, based on the location of the Maryland Stadium Challenge and US Nationals at Origins. It's also a prime location for those who reside in Mexico.
-Phil

Scizor said:
TRUK just relax man. You do have a point though and we should get more events up north and Washington/Oregon/Nevada/Arizona should be able to attend a Stadium Challenge, although i'm pretty sure it will be in San Diego, because events have worked out well there before. It would be unfair to completely shaft norcal though of ANYTHING. I'm so there at those GCs btw peeps.

TRUK, Scizor is right just relax. Im sure where ever the Stadium will be in the CA area will be fair so the most players could attend that want to. These tournaments are for all to enjoy and that includes north CA.

Last edited:
Gym Leader Blaine said:
Sensei, it is like the mission impossable thing. If you are caught PUI will disavow any knowledge of you. :p

I didn`t do it and whoever said I did it is a liar! ;) :p

Yeah,the MI theme is what I was hinting at. :D

i sure do hope it will be in San Diego, that way there might be a possibility for me to go there

-MuD

Last edited:
DaytonGymLeader said:
Don't you mean Stadium Challenge North? ;)

Ohio and Michigan will get GCs. They're still in the planning phase.

O not lets not start the whole Origans is the North Stadium Challenge thing. There is a totally different thread to do that on. :p

DaytonGymLeader said:
Don't you mean Stadium Challenge North? ;)

Ohio and Michigan will get GCs. They're still in the planning phase.

Yes, I mean No, I mean - hey!!! How about all you PTOs lobby for a North-Central Stadium Challenge?!?!?!?! We got West, we got East, we got South, but we don't got North... (taking the rest of my opinions to the 'other' thread! :).

;)

RainbowRichards said:
Yes, I mean No, I mean - hey!!! How about all you PTOs lobby for a North-Central Stadium Challenge?!?!?!?! We got West, we got East, we got South, but we don't got North... (taking the rest of my opinions to the 'other' thread! :).

;)

Thank you for going to the othe thread on this one RR. :D

Last edited:
Back