What about an red, blue, and yellow unlimited gameboy tournament?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by bkminnis, Nov 1, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

This is one of my next ideas. Does anybody see any problems or issues that would have to be addressed? :D

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

more details, please.
    Does this involve the TCG at all?

3. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Other than Mewtwo (Amnesia, Psychic, Recover, Thunderbolt) dominating ALL?

4. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

Unlimited gameboy!

We are sponsoring 6 unlimited and unlimited team battles throughout the state of florida. Each one of these we are attempting a different 3rd event to see how they do. The unlimited red,blue, yellow gameboy idea is what I am proposing for the 2nd of this series in Hollywood Florida in January. Gameboy is a popular pokemon competition and often ignored. If we do an unlimited gameboy divided possibly into 2 categories. Cheat and non-cheat, many can now again use their old pokepets. Does this sound like something some would like to see?

5. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

Thanks!

It seems likely that there will have to be some kind of limit on recovery moves for sure. As for a team assembly,, It is probably a given that your team should be required to be diverse. help me out here.

6. zackclub109

zackclub109 New Member

To say at the least pokemon on gameboy has died and i I think we should bring it back but we would need to first have more people want to gather in on this in which so we can have both the pokemon trading card game and the pokemon gameboy challange in which we can do what you said BK.

7. Hazblade

Hazblade New Member

A simple spore/absorb combo from my good friend Parasec would take care of that.

8. Darkmasterchris

Darkmasterchris New Member

Mewtwo meet my undefeated team of 453 wins and 0 losses Blastoise 100 Starmie 100 Mewtwo 100 Mew100 (Giveaway no not gameshark) Golduck 100
    LApras 100 No i did not use rare candy for that destroys ur stats

9. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

The only thing I can think of is to keep an eye out for pokemon with illegal movesets (either 'sharked or traded/breeded from G/S). Find an old strategy guide that lists the moves & TM's a pokemon can learn, and use that as a guideline.

Also, it is indeed a good idea to limit recovery and/or self-destruction moves. They had a series of guidelines for the old mall tour tourneys, but I cannot seem to find them at the moment; I'm sure someone else around here (or over in Electronic Games forum) still has a copy.

Finally, if you can get a copy of Pokemon Stadium (1 or 2) for N64 and a couple of those GB cartridge adapters, you can have a "featured match" on TV for spectators to watch in vivid 3-D :wow:. We did this with the GameCube GB Player at the Ruby/Sapphire challenges, but that can only show one side of the match (other player has to look at their own GBA). Hopefully the upcoming Pokemon Colisseum (sp?) will have similar functionality. ::fingers crossed::

Good Luck,
    - CHRISBO

Last edited: Nov 3, 2003
  10. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

Excellant!

gREAT STUFF INDEED, i SURE NEED SOME HELP WITH THIS,, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO DUST OFF THE OLD RED VERSION AGAIN. iF SOME HAVE THE ITEM S IN QUESTION, PLEASE HELP US OUT. tHE TV THING SOUNDS GREAT!

11. Hazblade

Hazblade New Member

Well 4 water Pokemon means electric+grass will obliterate you, wich is exactly what i use ;p

12. Darkmasterchris

Dude Grass and Electric ok hmm MEWTWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

13. Hazblade

Hazblade New Member

MEWTWO DIES TO PARASECT!!!

14. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

power!

My mistake kingler hits with 900 normal attack power body slam. That will make your life bar go poof mewtwo.

15. Red5bv06

Red5bv06 <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

how?
    Parasect has the worst speed
    Slowbro and Exeggutor were the only ones who used to be able to match it in power back in the day.

16. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

Please stay on-topic!!

OK people, let's get back on track now. This topic is supposed to be discussing tournament logistics, not which Pokemon should be used in the tourney. Please use the Electronic Games forum for individual pokemon discussions.

Thanks for understanding,
    - CHRISBO, Administrator

Last edited: Nov 4, 2003
  17. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

serious!

They are just excited kids pausing with a brief wolf ticket. Get back on track you children. What guidlines do you suggest?

18. dkates

dkates New Member

Hm. I like the idea of having a "cheat if you like" side and a "fair play only" side. I also like the idea of using Stadium or Stadium 2 for the matches, but be careful -- there have been some very harmful glitches, which is why Stadium and Stadium 2 tournaments are not common. Finally, I don't know if any Pokemon should be banned (maybe Mewtwo on the fair play side, but the other Legendaries seem balanced enough, IMO), but I do think all teams should be required to not have any Pokemon repeated, even on the cheat side. I definitely like the idea itself.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  19. bkminnis

bkminnis New Member

Wonderful!

I need all the help I can get here. I've been reading some of your deck ideas,, and how you've been helping others to construct.. Keep up the good work. We need more helpers in the pokemon world.

20. Darkmasterchris

Hmmm I dont think we should have Cheat side cause i thought pokemon world should be honest not promoting cheating!!