Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What are the Tier One decks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know, another one of these threads, but with Gym Chhallenges coming up, and invites to Worlds on the line, I figured we could use another...

What do you think are the best decks out there? I mean, I thought I had this metagame figured out, and then I hear that some Magma's Zangoose deck won a State Championship... @_@.

Anyway, Last year it was easy... GatrSect, EnteiCargo, and SMF were the top 3 decks, hands down, followed by a couple other viable decks, but now, there's a bunch of decks that might be considered "top tier". Here are my opinions...

Tier One:
- Blaze/ex/Quaza variants (this includes BAR, RAMBO, BARD, and any other acronyms that people feel it necessary to use...)
- Kingdra/ex variants
- Swampert/Suicune ex (or possibly TA's Walrein...)

Blaze/ex is kind obvious, we all know it's broken and incredibly overused. Kingdra ex is up there simply because it's got some of the most "anti-Blaze" potential out there. it can 1HKO Blaze, while Blaze can't do the same to it. Swampert/Suicune is up there for pretty the same reason, it lacks the survivability that Kingdra has, but it's just overall faster.

Tier Two:
- Gardevoir/ex variants
- Turbo Ampharos
- BlazeTales

Garde/ex and BlazeTales I would've considered higher before TMvTA's release, but that's just the impact that Blaze ex has on the format.

I know you're all thinking "This guy's insane! What kind of opinions are those!?" Well, voice your opinions, what really are the best decks out there...

FLAME WARS BEGIN!

lol thats what this will trun into, but yeah ur Tier 1 decks and Tier 2 seem reasonable, thats prolly what we can expect at GC's etc

-MuD

In my opinion:

Tier 1:
Blaziken variants: reigning so surpreme it got it's own tier

Tier 2:
Gardevoir/ex
Amphy Ex

Tier 3:
Aggron EX/Wailord/Furret
TA Lanturn variants
Sceptile/Ex ( Sceptile+1grass+1boost=20 asleep poisoned burned )
Latias/Magneton/Swampert
Kingdra/EX

My theory goes like this: combo decks (Blaziken) beat straight decks (AmpharosEX, just attack, no combo) , but straight decks have a better chance beating the remaining "random" decks, because they don't rely on a combo, exceptions excluded.

Last edited:
St0neh said:
Sceptile/Ex ( Sceptile+1grass+1boost=20 asleep poisoned burned )

Since the limitation on boost you must be implying that you would do that for a nice early game beginning. Well congrats, you pwned that dunsparce. :D

My 2 cents:

Tier 1:
Blaziken EX Variants (Blaze/Quaza, BAR, RAMBO, and Ninken)
Swampert Variants (Suicune, Latias)
Gardy - Mainly b/c of the early game wubb can break down a set up.

Tier 2:
Team Decks (Aqua/Magma)
Ampharos EX
Muk EX

I still think that all tier one decks should break two rules, more then one energy per turn and either drawing extra cards every turn or searching for cards. All Tier one decks can give additional energies and either draw with Delcatty or search with Wynaght.

Tier 1

Blaziken EX varients (Blaz/Eggs - Ninekin - Blaz/Ray)
Swampret/Suicune - this deck has just started to shine
Garde/Ex/Wobby - Still a powerhouse with a quick startup

Tier 2

KingdraEX

Tier 3

Everything Else

JMHO

(yeah, I said humble opinion)

M45

Kingdra ex would be in my top list only if it doesn't have that non-sense grass and electric weaknesses.

I saw a victreebell shedinja deck, is it good?

tier 1
blaze varients
gardevoir/gex
swampert/ex/suicune ex

tier 2
ampharos ex
aggron ex/ furret/wailord or xatu
kingdra ex/kingdra aq/ hariama
salamence
sceptile ex varients

tier 3

everything else
:pokeball:

Tier 1
Blaziken/ex/Ray ex
Tier 2
Swampert/Suicune ex or TA Walrein
Gardevoir/ex
TA Lanturn/Manectric variants
Amphy ex
Sceptile/ex
Kingdra ex
Tier 3
Muk ex
Aggron ex
Flygon/Magneton
Salamence
The only constant seems to be Blaziken. There are many other decks deserving tier 1 or 2. Others could still arise.

Saw a very good one last week.
Kingdra EX with Sceptile non holo and Nurses, Rainbow and Multi nrg.
Needs a bit time but when it's there it hurts.

Tier 1: Blaziken variants - in a class of their own...if you don't think so...what are you doing posting here...

Tier 2: Kingdra EX - counters Blazy (sorta), it's gotta be up here
Sceptile EX - with nurse it's friggin annoying...don't believe me...play Magnechu...
Swampert EX/Suicune - is viable, I had my doubts but have playtested, it works
NOTE: WALREIN DOESN'T WORK WITH SWAMPERT!! It's time will come when Blastoise EX is released...(end subliminal message to make all of you play my deck! mwhahahaha....)
Turbo Amphy - fast setup = GG, it's just a powerhouse, no denying it

Tier 3: Gardevoir - sorry, it's gonna be dominated by BAR if BAR gets setup fast enough...which it will
Rayquaza/Lanturn/Magneton/Manectric - O_O, Swanton's own little rougeness, too little time in which to playtest, but definitely viable, it'll work
Aggron EX/Wailord/Furret - still kicks butt, Blaziken hinders it harshly

There ya are...

WOoP

Last edited:
Tier 1
Blaze ex
WATER DECKS

Tier 2
Bar
Swampert/ex/suicune and/or latias
Garde ex

Tier 3
Rogue decks

Blazeken is so used its not even funny. So many water decks for counter. Other than that, people will be playing archetypes from the past environment because thay think they have a chance. (but they mysteriously don't)

I predict a lot of rogue blaze counters.

MY input is..

Tier 1:
*Blaziken Varients..they all are the best X\
*Swampert/Suicune Ex

Tier 2:
*Gardevoir/Ex
*Kingdra Ex
*Ampharos/Ex

Tier 3:
*Muk Ex
*Ampharos/Ex
*TA Lanturn/Magneton
*Salamence
*Flygon/Magneton

Ya so there is my opinion. I'm glad some are starting to like the TA Lanturn/Magneton idea ^_^ Its a VERY good deck. Very fun too.

~Colin

Tier 1:
Blazi varients

Tier 2:
Aqua's Lanturn varients
Swampert/Suicune
Salamence
Flygon (don't underestimate this deck, beat's gardy, amphy, loses to blazi fast)
Kingdra ex

Tier 3:
Gardy (I'm really sick of seeing this deck, it isn't that good)
Kingdra ex
Turbo Amphy (loses to gardy, blazi, flygon, the list goes on)
Wailord ex (it was a fluke guys)

Articjedi said:
Tier 1:
Blazi varients

Tier 2:
Aqua's Lanturn varients
Swampert/Suicune
Salamence
Flygon (don't underestimate this deck, beat's gardy, amphy, loses to blazi fast)
Kingdra ex

Tier 3:
Gardy (I'm really sick of seeing this deck, it isn't that good)
Turbo Amphy (loses to gardy, blazi, flygon, the list goes on)
Wailord ex (it was a fluke guys)
Edit: oops, put kingdra in two tiers.

Kyogre said:
Since the limitation on boost you must be implying that you would do that for a nice early game beginning. Well congrats, you pwned that dunsparce. :D

My 2 cents:

Tier 1:
Blaziken EX Variants (Blaze/Quaza, BAR, RAMBO, and Ninken)
Swampert Variants (Suicune, Latias)
Gardy - Mainly b/c of the early game wubb can break down a set up.

Tier 2:
Team Decks (Aqua/Magma)
Ampharos EX
Muk EX
i have a question...what is rambo? i never heard it...and is here someone who can tell me what BAD is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back