What Basic has free retreat with high HP?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by David's Confused Pokedad, Dec 7, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. I need a high hp Basic that has free retreat. What are my options?

2. pichu bros. rox

pichu bros. rox New Member

Latios ex kinda has free retreat

3. I thought about him but I want to play 4 of them and no way I am going with 4 ex's in a deck these days.

4. rhodesia123

rhodesia123 New Member

why not? its not like you have to play all 4 to your bench to make them snipebait.

5. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

I don't think there is anything that meets your requirements. But any of the Burmy can retreat for free by using one of their Poke-Bodies to attach an energy from the discard pile to one, and then just retreat it using that energy. Too bad they only have 40 HP. The trick is to get one of those Energy cards into the discard pile, and then you can constantly recycle that energy.

6. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Jynx can open lots of doors in that area, but is is THAT crucial?

Then there's mantine too.

7. Ho Megas Alexandros

Ho Megas Alexandros New Member

pheobe's isnt a pokemon... but works well with pokemon :D

8. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Pokepedia.net is your friend. You can search for all pokemon that have 0 retreat.

Rattata is the only basic that is legal that has free retreat without using a poke-power or poke-body.

9. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

Seems like they have tried to reduce the amount of free retreating basics since the Base Set-NG times...

You'll have to go with powers/bodies or Stadium, as Rattata is certainly not what I would call high-HP basic.

10. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

Kyorge Ex(CG) is a possibilty for free retreat as well as Latios Ex (DF). I can't really think of any other high HP (80+) basic pokemon that effectively have free retreat.