Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What is this, I don't even?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Building Lostgar, and I thought: Wait, instead of outspeeding my opponent, why don't I slow my opponent down to my speed :) Sooooo:

4 Gastly SF
3 Haunter TR
2 Gengar Prime
1 Gengar SF
1 Gengar lv X
2 Spiritomb (Ar)
2 Spiritomb (Tr)
2 Oddish UD
2 Gloom UD
2 Vileplume UD
2 Uxie
1 Unown Q
1 Azelf

3 Collector
2 Bebe
4 Twins
1 Copycat
4 Seeker
3 BTS
2 Lost World
3 Rare Candy
1 VS Seeker

5 Psychic
3 Call
2 Warp
2 Rescue

Strat: Gengar Prime, lost 6, Play World, GG.

Last edited:
If this is your strategy, there is no reason to play Spiritomb AR, Vileplume, and Gengar SF.

Ok longer strategy: get plume, get gengar, lost 6, lost world gg.

Take out the trainers they are silly. You want to trainer lock all game, why would you waste 5 spaces in your deck? They don't do anything for you.

4 Collector. At LEAST 3 Bebe's. I'd also recommend Copycat.

I WANT to trainerlock all game. If, for some reason I am unable to, or my opponent plays DGX, the few trainers will help recover.

Copycat is a good plan, but with 3 Collector, 2 Bebe, 4 Twins and 3 Call, I don't need any other searchers.

Yes. Yes, you do.

Spiritomb but no Basics is GG. You want to minimize the chances of that happening. 4 Collector at least.

How many games do you not trainer lock? Now, how many games do you start Tomb and no Basics, or a lame Basic with no way to get Tomb? Now you tell me what's more important.

I understand the two triumphant tombs but since you want to start with trainer lock I would run all AR spiritomb or 3 AR and 1 TM ...

8/60 cards to search Basics = plenty, trust me.

8/60 cards to search basics = 65% of starting with one.

So 3 or 4 out of 10 games, that is 1 out of 3 games, you will get a no-basic-search hand.

So in top cut, STATISTICALLY SPEAKING, one of your games will be a terrible start.

That's definitely plenty!!

Also forgetting the 14 Basics I can start with,so 14 + 8 = 22 = drawing one in every 1/3 cards = probably having 1 or 2 first turn.

Your focus is to trainer lock, yet you run 3 Rare Candies. I think you might run into some problems with that. And like Kayle said a few posts above me, a 4th Collector would be great.

dude, i dont understand how you post a list and then tell everyone you know more and thats stupid. I mean its deck help. Chill.

Dude, I didn't say anyone's ideas were stupid, I just wanted to test out what I have first. The main problem is Vileplume being Brought out front, and lacking Psychic energy.

After 15 games + 1 Sudden Death, all games opened with at least 1 Basic, and 13 of those had either an Additional Basic, Call or a Supporter to get more Basics. 2 Games opened with a lone Gastly, but it was fine. 1 Opened with 2 Spiritomb (Psychic -.-) and the Sudden Death (Remember clearly :')) had Gastly, Gloom, Oddish, Gengar lv X, Collector, Warp and Twins.

RC works when your Tomb is murdered, when you want to seeker your plume (Remove counters) and when you just don't have either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back