Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What Is Your Favorite Pokemon Event?

kristi

Please be sure to put WHY so that this is not a poll. Thanks! :biggrin:

My personal favorites are pre-releases. They are so awsome and they last all day. Everybody that matters is there, you get pizza, NEW CARDS, see your friends, pwning n00bz, I can beat the good players (cough) not like I can't already (cough, cough), you actually have to have skill and be able to build a good deck to beat someone like last format, and a whole bunch of other stuff. The afterdrafts are even better. That's as good as it gets to me! (Note: No, I haven't been to Nats or Worlds yet, but I am going this year so if your in the senior division... L@@K OUT!!!...I'll own you!

So let everyone know what you think!:thumb: And be sure to include why.

States.

It's the only highly competitive event that doesn't really matter. It's more intense than Cities and BRs, but it's not like a Regionals or a Nats. It's like the perfect mix of play and pressure.

Lol, Kristi

I like how Pre-Releases aren't all tense, playing to win a poster w00t! You know what I mean? But for me, Pre-Releases don't last all day. Hmm. But I don't know if Pre-Releases can beat States.

ya, i like states to, but overall, i would have to say worlds. honestly, i don't like pr's, i mean, there fun and all, but theres nothing to play for.

Any Event that is at a really comfy place (Like Woodlands Holiday Inn Hotel).
SPR 07 was pretty nice too it had a lot of space, venues with a lot of room i tend to like better because you don't feel squished. My favorite event is probably the event at A-Kon every year/ mainly because I love doing Pikachu and something random always happens. At A-Kon 18 I got stolen by some TR members in top cut vs Kettler.

For my family it is Nationals (though we have never been to Worlds). But when we think of Nationals we do not only think of the Saturday and being a part of that huge tournament, we think of it as 4 fun-filled Pokemon days at Origins. Seeing friends, putting faces to names from Pokegym, checking out merchandise, and all the free and side event play. My kids just think it is so awesome that they can ask someone to battle and find out that they live on the opposite side of the country!

I can only point to a single tournament at a single time.

Regionals, Rockford, 2007.

Best Tournament EVER!!!

My favorite event of all time is was the grinder in '06. Most competative pokemon environment ive ever been in, and I like competetivness more than a feeling of a laid back tournement, because the competativeness IS the fun for me. IDK, but thats just the way I am.

Nationals is great. For me, it's pretty close, and it's a great place to meet a ton of new people! I loved it last year!

Nats or Regionals.

My Regionals is 10 minutes away at a huge college and there is a HUGE brick wall outside perfect for wall ball and there is soda for a $1

Hmm...Tough to say
(I won't cop out and say all of them:lol:

Battle Roads Autumn- No pressure
- Not worth much points
- Blah prizes
- Top 2 Cut

City Championships- Fun
- Slightly more competitive than Battle Road Autumn
- Worth a trip in the long run (ranking)
- Nice prizes
- Top 4 Cut

State/Provincial/Territorial Championships
- Fair balance of competition and relaxing games
- Great prizes (I like the trip)
- Can alter your points ALOT
- Top 8 cut (easier to get in)

Regional Championships
- Last chance to get to Nationals (trip wise for free)
- Great prizes (they just keep on getting better at higher levels of competition)
- Money for school
- This can make or brake a trip to Worlds
- Fierce/epic competition
- Top 16 cut

Battle Roads Spring
- Not worth much points
- Blah prizes
- Top 2 Cut

National Championships
- This can earn you a fully paid trip to Worlds
- Worth alot of points (you can go X-0, X-1, X-2, or X-3 drop to secure an invite if you have enough points already)
- A great day of battles and hotel fun
- Friends
- Great Prizes
- Secret decks (SD's)
- Cash for school
- Top 32 cut

World Championships
- Fun
- Either fun/fierce competition
- $$$
- Title of the World Champion

Pre-Release
- Fun
- Cost $$$
- Discount Packs
- ?PRIZES?
- No cut (unless of a tie)

So I choose Nationals, Regionals, or States (3-way tie) because they are all very fun!

Back