Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

What's MORE valuable? Holo or Foil?

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
I'm confused. There's a "Parallel set" of foil for each set.

I've heard people call the FOIL cards "Reverse Holo" but I always thought that Reverse Holo is what the LvXs have?

So... are FOIL cards "RH" ?

and... If I have a RARE card like Articuno (MD) in BOTH Foil and Holo, which is actually the best?

:confused:

Help! :frown:

People use imprecise language.

Parallel Foil is the official term, but most people don't use it.
Most people call them Reverse Holos( or Foils) even though for some sets they are not reversed!

The Level X/EX treatment is not called reverse, to my knowledge.
Just calling the X-Holos or EX-Holos should do.

Which is better?
Hard to say.
The RH is probably rarer, but I don't think people value it more.

I typically hear the "parallel holo" cards referred to as "reverse holo," and, although I think 'pop is right in that they're technically rarer, I prefer the normal holo versions of holo cards more.

Thanks guys. We've been up since 9 a.m. re-organizing our Pokemon card collection and we didn't know which cards to put in "collect only" "deck building stash" "trade stash"

Collect only: We're only keeping TWO of every card from each complete set. So, we ended up keeping one foil and one holo (if we had multiples of each) and moving the rest to the other stashes...

For me i look at them this way.

Reverse Holo = The background is holo and the Pokemon image is not.
Holo = The Pokemon is Holo and the background is not.
Alternate Holo = The Pokemon is holo and the background is not (With this one the Holo part typically has Patterns in the holo like Energy symbols) Ex Firered Leafgreen is a good example with AH cards.

RH/AH are rarer as they come one random per pack. And because they have RH/AH of all cards in the set (Excluding Ex/Lv X) the odds of getting a particular one is harder. But i think the fact they are harder to read, and scratch easy, makes Players shy away from them. I'm more Collector than i am Player, so i keep one copy of every card for a set.

Back