Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Which of these 3 LEGNDS to run and why?

Qwachansey

So I'm thinking of making a causalish LEGEND deck that can still perform decently well in a HGSS on format THAT STILL HAS A UXIE/CLAYDOL DRAW ENGINE for a mini tournament and beyond.

Current Pre - HGSS, meta weaknesses aside (don't factor in Luxchomp, Gengar, etc. but include Donphan, Magnezone, Lostgar, etc.), which of these 3 OR a mix would be the best, FUNNEST deck to run? :thumb:

1. Kyogre Groudon LEGEND
Pros: Awesome attacks, cool picture, could counter Donphan or Magnezone, decent weaknesses. I would combo it with Feraligatr Prime likely and Seeker to rinse and repeat, and while focusing on the 1st attack, I would likely have :fighting: energy too for emergencies/Magnezone counter.
Cons: Hard to directly hit the Active, inconsistent.

2. Deoxys Rayquaza LEGEND
Pros: Incredibly good, can be used with new Emboaresque and Typhlosion Prime cards. Nice picture, good weaknesses (Lostgar doesn't do direct damage), nifty in general.
Cons: Only one attack could get stale after a while, energy supply could run short.

3. Darkrai Cresselia LEGEND
Pros: Very interesting attacks that could really cause some damage with Lost Zone and totally cripple a deck, cool picture, can be comboed with lots of stuff. Can use Special Darks.
Cons: Belted Donphan one shots it, energy goes into Lost Zone.

Help me out please, and thanks for your input! :)

1. Kyogre and Groudon Legend would be something to run. With those 2 Powerful attacks, it can make havoc!

2. Now Rayquaza and Deoxys Legend would be another legend I would run, with a OHKO attack and the :pbody: giving you extra Prize when a Pokemon is Prized makes it a very usable card.

3. A nice card that puts cards in the lost Zone and moves around damage to another Pokemon.

Kyogre & Groudon Legend: 9/10
Rayquaza & Deoxys Legend: 9/10
Drakrai & Cresselia Legend: 8/10

I would use Either K & G or R & D

Last edited:
The guy who made HoPe has been playing KGL recently, to good effect. Top 8 at Oregon states, out of something like 200 masters.

Rayquaza/Deoxys has the potential to be broken... if you don't have to contend with colorless/Psychic attackers like Gengar and Garchomp C Lv.X, you can take two prizes each turn pretty consistently.

I like how it has potential to be broken, as long as you don't have to contend with the (airquotes) "BDIF" or the over-hyped game-breaker.

Run RDL with Azelf Lv. X to eliminate weakness. ;3

Don't run KGL. It's terribad against all the top decks in the format, since their energy counts are far too low. How someone made top 8 with it is beyond me, how did it beat Gyarados and SP?

I like how it has potential to be broken, as long as you don't have to contend with the (airquotes) "BDIF" or the over-hyped game-breaker.

As a note, the over-hyped gamebreaker cannot deal direct damage, and thus will never trigger RDL's weakness. SF Gengar does, but needs to see at least 3 TSS cards to OHKO even with weakness. That said, Ozone Bustering into Fainting Spell is blatant suicide. How to win the VileGar matchup better? Probably have to spam Typhlosions and not even play the RDL...

I've liked KGL since it came out and after reading the states report of the guy that came T8 with it, I've been convinced even further that there is great potential behind it. DCL I see more as a tech in a spread deck. I'm not really a fan of RDL, the only way I see it as consistent is with Typhlosion Prime/Heatran X with a mini SP engine which sounds like a lot to cram into a deck.

GCX would not be problem at the mini tournamnet; in fact, one of the benefits would literally be having no weakness. So it looks like:

KGL : 3 votes
RDL: 3 votes
DCL: 0 votes

Maybe run both? :D

right now I'm working on a deck that includes DC lengend.
But my deck focuses more on the Lost World way of winning.
Also like I just said I'm working on the deck therefore My advice isn't so helpfull at the moment.

RDL with ERL and Electivire FB Lv.X. Its nice that they all run off the same energy, ERL stops Steelix and Dialga, and also provides that nuke you might need to drop. Electivire FB is to re-supply your troops.

Hmmm that is a nice idea ampachu! Rayquaza I meant in different decks though that would be insanely awesome :D.

Play KGL, focus on decking them out with feraligator, use buubble coat, ssu, warp point seeker, and such too keep it alive. It works really nice, pm elekid_957 about it.

RDL with ERL and Electivire FB Lv.X. Its nice that they all run off the same energy, ERL stops Steelix and Dialga, and also provides that nuke you might need to drop. Electivire FB is to re-supply your troops.

Exactly what I was going to say
Our friend Chris used that deck, and he used Jarachi PL as his starter so you can use 2 supporters a turn, then when you have an ERL, you can Thunder Fall, knock out x amount of Jarachi and then use all of their powers to search for x amount of cards.

DRL is the best way to play. 2 prizes makes up for it being OHKO next turn, because if not, then you roll from then on!! Speed Box is the way to go!!

Exactly what I was going to say
Our friend Chris used that deck, and he used Jarachi PL as his starter so you can use 2 supporters a turn, then when you have an ERL, you can Thunder Fall, knock out x amount of Jarachi and then use all of their powers to search for x amount of cards.

That isnt anything like how he played it btw. Jirachi's power only works when your opponent knocks it out. He used it to spam Sages Training to get all of your Legend pieces and energy into the discard, and then used Reverse Time Dialga to throw all of the pieces ontop of your deck for a perfect Legend Box.

Back