Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Which one to go with...

Dek

Okay, I'll admit it. I have become a little of a Yu-Gi-Oh nut ever since i played the actual card game one time...

But that's not the point. I was thinking of buying a new GBA game and I was thinking a possible RPG/strategy game. So I was thinking of two Yu-Gi-Oh titles for the GBA: The Sacred Cards and World Tournament 2004.

Now I see some advantages in each one. The Sacred Cards allows you to play with the Egyptian God cards as well as 900 other cards to choose from (one of which is my personal favorite, the Blue Eyes White Dragon). It has a more RPG-ish type of play to it where your character can run around and challenge random people.

Meanwhile, World Tournament 2004 has all the cards currently released (which is about a 1000 so I've heard) as well as 100 new cards. It has all of the current card rulings, bannings, and restrictions as well as all of the game mechanics.

So one has been out for a while and one was just released. Both have the same price tag. Which one should I go with?

Just to inform you. Yu-gi-oh! has very little in the way of bannigs and new game mechanics, as well as strategy. Believe me, just save your money. However, if you must insist on buying one, save $30 and buy an older game. you're not missing much,

Kyfogre22 said:
Just to inform you. Yu-gi-oh! has very little in the way of bannigs and new game mechanics, as well as strategy. Believe me, just save your money. However, if you must insist on buying one, save $30 and buy an older game. you're not missing much

Yes, I do realize that there are hardly any bannings and new game mechanics (trust me. I check the rulings once in a while). And yes, I have saved my money for a while to get a new game. By now, I am getting rather bored of my GBA collection (not to the point of selling it, just bored with them for playing them constantly). I hardly have any experience playing Yu-Gi-Oh, so, IMO, i really wont be missing much.

Their is a new one coming out some time in June. I think its going to be a sequel to "The Sacred Cards" if you want to wait a little while. But as a gamer I would say "Why wait?".

Back