Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Whitewater, WI City Champs--1/23/04 at noon--it's over!

menoknow

I got a space reserved for the tournament on campus. The tournament will be at the UW-Whitewater University Center. Inside of the University Center there is a Burger King, part of an area called 'The Warhawk.' The Burger King will be open from 11am-4pm. In the back of the restaurant, there is a cut off room for activities which is where we will be playing. There is room for at least 40 players in this room. More tables can be slid in if needed.

Also, what would you guys want as a side event? Some possibilities:
A modified side event--$5 with 2 TRR packs of prizes per player registered. Can do 1 on 1 or 2 vs 2.

A TR/TRR draft, probably 2 packs of TR and 3 packs of TRR (TR being the wizards set and TRR on the newest nintendo set) would be $10-15 with 2-3 packs of TRR for prizes per player

A TRR sealed event, probably 6 packs per player--I'd have to charge $15 at least to have prizes--be 1, maybe 2 packs per person then. Can do 1 on 1 or 2 vs 2.

A TRR draft, 4 maybe 5 pack booster draft. Cost would be $10-15 with probably 2 packs of prize support per player of TRR. Can do 1 on 1 or 2 vs 2.

Any other suggestions--let me know and I'll figure out a cost and such. I am limited to TRR and TR packs though. I probably wouldn't be able to aquire and other sets in enough quantity by the tournament.

If you would like to pre-register, PM me with your first and last name, birthday, and POP ID number. That way I can get you put into the computer ahead of time and save time on registration on the day of the tournament.

Hope to see you at the Whitewater CC!

Last edited:
1) I will be able to attend

2) January 22nd would be better but I could make either day.

Everyone should come and play, from brookfield, crystal lake, chi-town, rockford, and wherever else. Hope to see you all there.

1) I will be able to attend

2) January 23rd would be better - I could not make it Saturday.

I have stuff going on every Saturday, so it would be difficult for me to make a tournament on one. Sunday would be a lot better for me, but if everyone else wants Saturday, don't worry about it.

Last edited:
If anybody knows of other people that can come but don't use this forum, post again and include the players name (just 1st name is fine for reference).

Space shouldn't be an issue. I have 2 spots scoped out that I'll see about getting reserved early next week when I get back from Thanksgiving break. One spot will comfortably seat at least 36, another spot should be able to hold 60+. As the CC get's closer I can still preregister people if they want to, shouldn't need to though.

I asked my parents, and they said they WILL NOT drive... talk about retarded.

Either day will work, but it depends on whether or not I can get a ride from Jared or the Millers...

I asked my parents, and they said they WILL NOT drive... talk about retarded.

Either day will work, but it depends on whether or not I can get a ride from Jared or the Millers...

The Millers have explicitly said that they won't take you because they are afraid you will beat them and cost them a trip to worlds. As it stands right now they aren't even in contention for a worlds invite. Some friends they are...

I would be happy to pick you up if your parents allowed me to. Otherwise check with Jared if he's able to make it.

Both days work great for me
either me and the team Chi-town possy should be there
-Dave III_

1) Yes I will attend
2) Either day works for me, I heard something about Manitowoc running one as well when I was there, they said they always do it on the last possible day. I'd be so cool if there were two WI CC's on the same weekend. HypnosProject HQ, I'd be happy to pick you up/return you back, you're not far off the route I'd be taking to Green Bay. Anyone else from WI needing a ride, please PM me and we'll see what I can arrange. Currently no one is going with me in my car. I would love another chance to play in a CC.

This is a heads up to all Pokemon players. The Manitowoc City Championships will be held here on December 19th at 11 AM. Registration will be limited to the first 5000 people to show up so get here early. Hopefully see you all here.

Jed

That was posted on the My Parents Basement message board. So sounds like theirs is NOT the last day possible, unless it has changed since that was posted.

Ok, thanks for that info, menoknow, I didn't check their boards (or even know where to find them), I won't be going to the Manitowoc one on the 19th, I will be in Tecumsah, MI instead. I'm sure the rest of the Illinois-ans and Wisconsin people will be attending that one, good luck in advance to all going.

Their site is myparentsbasement.com. Once their click on forums then Pokemon. A little while ago they had problems with *naughty* pictures being posted, I guess them I have moderators and that now, but just be warned that you may see some unpleasant pictures when you go to that site.

ST Pika said:
Ok, thanks for that info, menoknow, I didn't check their boards (or even know where to find them), I won't be going to the Manitowoc one on the 19th, I will be in Tecumsah, MI instead. I'm sure the rest of the Illinois-ans and Wisconsin people will be attending that one, good luck in advance to all going.

Has a date been settled on for Whitewater yet? You might want to get that in officially so people have advanced notice. :D

As for why my parents won't take me - there is no where to go during the 4 hours we'll be there playing. Usually, when we go to Brookfield, my mom goes to my grandparents since they live right in Waukesha. If we went to Whitewater, there wouldn't be anywhere for her to go, and she definitly doesn't wanna stick around because she'll get bored. What kind of Poké-Mom is that? :mad:

ST Pika... thanks for the offer, but I don't think that my parents would let you take me to Green Bay. I mean, they didn't let the Ennocenti's take me to Rockford and I've known them for a long, long time. I'll talk to them though. Maybe they'll loosen up *not...*! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
How many people from Team Chicago would be able to make?

I'm going to start filling out the forms and working on getting a spot on campus reserved tomorrow. I can't open the thing to fill out on my computer so have to go to a computer lab to get that taken care of.

If I make it on Sunday is there a certain time I should start it as to not interfer with some people going to church and such?

Also, what would people want for a possible side event?

AXE said:
I advise you to make it on the 23rd b/c team chicago is going to south bend on the 22nd

That should be a good start time, gives plenty of time for any of us to drive up and I would think gives time for locals to do anything they want such as church before.

Back