Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why Hate? (on RedShark)

Rogue Archetype

Moderator <br> Contest Host
PlayTcg is VERY buggy.

PokemonTCG is very buggy.

RedShark is buggy, but it's still the best alternative for building out a deck and testing it.
  • it has automated functions
  • it has a wide array of gameplay functions (right-click menu, deck menu, hidden card functions)
  • You get to evolve a card
  • There's not a ton of slow animation
  • You can view and reorder opponents hand, place cards on bottom, and reorder top cards on deck

Those who proclaim hate on Redshark, I don't know why you've allowed apprentice die hards to bias you.

RedShark has more Pokemon friendly functions than apprentice.

I truly don't understand the RedShark hate given the alternatives.

I primarily use PlayTCG because of how easy it is to connect with others. It is VERY easy to say "this is PlayTCG... this is how you use it". With redshark, you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to connect to other players. It is VERY hard to each newer players how to work redshark. That is the one and only reason I prefer PlayTCG over redshark.

I wouldn't hate on anyone who provides free programs for us to play the TCG on.

The big advantage playtcg has are the pictures and the fact that you don't need Hamachi.

Oh, and RS has been a bit slow with the new sets recently (is the EP version even out yet?). That can be offputting to people who want to build with the new sets.

That said, I do use RS, I like it, and I hope it continues to get support.

What about PlayTCG is buggy? Other than the shuffling not being that great (solved by hitting the shuffle button multiple times), what exactly is it? And there is a slight lag. Anything else? :confused:

^Me and my opponents have had to refresh the browser multiple times to finish a game. And is it just opinion or does the shuffling actually not shuffle well?

In my opinion, RS is all but dead at this point. Yes, PlayTCG is buggy, but it's also browser-based, has random pairing, doesn't require Hamachi, has scans of cards, and is quicker to update than anything else.

I don't dislike RS by any means, but it's definitely not my first choice now that PlayTCG is up and running and PTCGO is getting there.

Oh, and to your main point, I'm not sure if there are many out there who can actually claim that Appr is the best system. It's simply the program that people were most used to, and it's hotkeys were a lot better than RS. I'd be hard-pressed to believe someone that thought that it was 100% a better program than PlayTCG or RS.

Back