Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Why is GG/Plox assumed DEAD?!

Gowk

GG/Plox, i will refer to it as GG, is still alive, and play able.

Why does it seem, with out DRE or Scramble energy the deck suddenly becomes un-playable?

The deck does rely on speed, but things change. The deck may slow down but is playable, if it is when paired with another pokemon or staying the same. For instance the deck still can play its poke-power (Physic Lock) and can still use the attacks. The d3eck lists can change, and maybe their strategy, but the deck is alive! , and while continue (keep in mind i am talking about after the release of the new set LA/ Legends Awakening )

Please when you reply tell me why or why not GG is or is not alive.

Yeah, but the focus now would be more one Gallade, because 3 energy for 60 is crap now that attack costs are becoming cheaper.

The reason that people expect GG to decrease in popularity is not just because of the loss of DRE and Scramble, but also because of the introduction of Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie, which has a type advantage over GG. There should be a delicate equilibrium of psychic decks in the upcoming format... AMU has an edge on GG, GG has an edge on Mewtwo (maybe?), Mewtwo auto-wins AMU. GG is not dead... it will all but disappear in some metagames, and continue to thrive in others.

it is very likely that GG won't fall. With a correct deck build and energy acceleration (rotom, Leafeon X, or Togekiss), it can comeback. As a GG player, i say this.

Yeah, but the focus now would be more one Gallade, because 3 energy for 60 is crap now that attack costs are becoming cheaper.

Whoa! Did you say that Gardy 60 for 3 and power lock is BAD?!?!?!?!?
What?
This will be one of the ONLY forms of power negation next format!
Psychic Lock is an EXTREMELY POWERFUL AND ANNOYING ATTACK!
Powers will be more popular next format than EVER because people assume there is nothing to stop em.

Hmmm, Let's see. Kingdra will outspeed it next format, Mismagius, Dusknoir, and Giratina with Lake Boundary will go with speed knockouts. And I build some decks with no powers, but as already seen, Garchomp,Torterra,Banette, and Toxicroak fun beats GG decks. And Pajamas is right, AMU almost instantly 1 hit ko's that kind of deck.

Hmmm, Let's see. Kingdra will outspeed it next format, Mismagius, Dusknoir, and Giratina with Lake Boundary will go with speed knockouts.

Giratina? really, I didn't think anybody thought that was a good card.

Gardy will still be fast, it just will have to find room for Togekiss for the energy acceleration, BUT it still works fine.

Giratina does 50, but with lake boundary and Plus-Power or some bench sniper tech like empoleon to weaken those, It will remove Gardevoir or Gallade permenatley from the game. I really think Glacion will be the new Gardevoir because the Power locking also. Plus Glacion is faster and has better attacks anyway.

Last edited:
because pixies lvl x will murder gg.
kindra t2 well if u dont get gg t2.
erm anyway without dre and scramble its gonna be hard to play.
but it is still playable I guess.

Toxicroak fun, Banette, and AMU are perfect pokemon against GG, So don't get your hopes up that GG will last the next format and on.

(Sorry Mods if I break a rule)

If nothing else, I hope that G&G becomes dead. Haven't you all had enough of it yet? It ruined the fun of this format, I hope it never gets successfully used again.

I have to make a small comment on a few things. Ok 60 for 3 I will agree is not the best I would prefer to up the damage myself, but it does at the least do something if there is a good effect to go with that.

Sadly I think I might have seen one format since I have been in tournaments, where one deck did not agrivate people, sorry just saying.

Past that I will be happy with next format, it will be more balanced to start with.

Kajo

Why do you want G&G to be alive? That is what caused the format to be no longer fun.

G&G is not dead, it will still be played, but it just wont be as playable as before.

The problem that I have with people saying that they'll just run GG with Togekiss is that there just isn't room for it. Let's say they run a standard plox line with no starter and only the togekiss tech, it'd look something like this:
4-2-3-1-2 gardy lv x/gallade
2-1-2 kiss
2-2 claydol

That's 21 cards right there, and for Togekiss to be effective you have to run a good amount of energies. So what will probably get cut for a lot of decks is the supporters, thinking you can abuse telepass enough to get away with it. I just don't think that's gonna work. You're sacrificing too much consistancy.

Another thing that isn't really being talked about but I feel like it's going to have a real negative effect on GG is Cynthia's Plan. I know if I'm facing a GG I'm never using a Wager and I'm holding onto any Cynthia's I get, so the only way they're leaving my hand is from an oppenent's wager and that'll happen a max of 4 times, probably only 2 or 3. And what that card does is essentially negate all the work GG was doing by wagering then locking with psychic lock. Especially with the shift in the format going from who can abuse special energies to low energy cost attacks I can build up a new attacker really fast, something GG won't be able to do.

It might still be viable, but it's never going to be the level it was this format, or anywhere near as good.

Back