Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wii Cursor Not Showing Up?

toxictaipan

Hey, everyone.

I woke up today to find out that the cursor on my Wii remote doesn't want to show up. I've tried all my remotes, made sure the sensor bar is plugged in, dusted everything off, re-synced remotes, made sure I wasn't too close or too far away, the batteries in the remotes are fine... Basically everything.

All the other buttons still work, it's just the cursor doesn't want to show up. If I plug the remote into my Guitar Hero controller, I can use the cursor with that. I haven't tried the candle trick yet.

Sounds like I need a new sensor bar. Any suggestions before I go run out and buy a new one?

Did you make sure that the sensor bar is not being blocked by anything?

I have mine on the top of the tv, and it can fall back just a little bit and the bar is blocked by the tv itself.

No, no. I'm using a naked Wii remote. lol

I'm pretty sure my sensor bar is shot. I just went into the sensitivity settings and had to turn it all the way up AND point my Wii remote into the ceiling fan light just to get it to pick up at all. And then it was still pretty erratic unless you stepped back a few feet.

If you have homebrew installed you can install a code to use the wiimote without the sensor bar. Alternatively, you can point the wiimote into a very bright light source, such as a laptop. It will take a few tries bu thats how i play Brawl and gamecube games without the sensor bar

Well, uh... We've been seeing a mouse running around our house for a while, and just saw it again tonight. So my mom's like, "Hey, wait... Didn't you say this thing (*pointing at sensor bar*) isn't working? I bet that mouse chewed it up."

I didn't even think about this at the time, but sure enough, we unplugged it and pulled it out. It was chewed clean in half.

lol So, yeah. I need a new sensor bar. Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone.

Back