Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Wizards Arundel Mills Pokemon Player Appreciation Day - 8/23/03

RainbowRichards

Just pulling Mike's Tourney topic over (hope this is okay)...
Kasus said:
Originally posted by Kasus:
DCI Sanctioned Pokemon Tournaments

When: Saturday August 23rd
Format: Team Constructed (Modified), Theme Deck, Modified
Judge: Master Professor(s) Michael (Kasus & 'Sensei)
Note: Number of Swiss rounds to be determined by the number of participants.
Registration/Deck Check: 9:00 am
Start: 10:00 am
Finish: ~9:00 pm
Entry Fee: $5.00 each Tournament

Prizes will be awarded.

Pokemon players:
It's been great running Pokemon events here at WotC Arundel Mills for the past three years, and we want to take this chance to say "Thank You!" to all our loyal players. I have hundreds, if not thousands, of promo cards to give away. Everything in the Prize Vault must go! Here's what's happening:

In the morning we are running simultaneous Theme Deck and Team Constructed tournaments. Since they are running at the same time, you can only play in one. The Theme Deck tournament will be limited to 18 participants, and the Team tournament to 16 (8 teams). This is so we can finish by 1300. We will then break for lunch, then start the Modified tournament at 1400. The Modified tournament will be limited to 46 participants.

You can preregister now! Space is limited, so call the store to reserve your space. Be at the store by 0900 on the 23rd if you are playing in the morning events.

See you all there!

Master Professor Michael (Kasus)

Directions

Arundel Mills Mall is located at the intersection of Route 100 and I295 (BW Parkway) in Hanover, MD. WOTC is Unit 384 (inside the mall, across from Jillians).

From I95 or I295+ take the Rt. 100 East exit. Follow Rt. 100 East to the Arundel Mills Blvd. Exit.

From I97, take the Rt. 100 West exit and follow Rt. 100 West to the Arundel Mills Blvd. Exit.

From I495, take I95N towards Baltimore and follow the directions above.

From I695, take I295S and follow the directions above.

Once on Arundel Mills Blvd., enter the mall loop and proceed counterclockwise (right turn) until you see the Jillian's entrance.

Call the store (443-755-1744) for more details!

Last edited:
As posted,I`ll be there to help run the tournaments with Mike.It`ll be a fun filled,prize filled day.:)

For those that have never been to this store,it`s a big WotC store in the very nice,big Arundel Mills mall.The mall has something for everyone so moms,dads,brothers and sisters that aren`t playing have something to do all day.There is a very nice Stadium Seating Movie Theater,a huge Food Court and other restaurants(I HIGHLY recommend eating at Chevy`s...they have awesome food and the absolute BEST Salsa to eat with your corn chips you will ever taste!) as well as alot of stores to do the shopping.They even have a gameplace there(like a Gameworks but I can`t remember the name).

Hope to see everyone there!

`Sensei

p.s.:Just a reminder:

You can preregister now! Space is limited, so call the store to reserve your space. Be at the store by 0900 on the 23rd if you are playing in the morning events.

Last edited:
There is a very nice Stadium Seating Movie Theater (MUVICO)...They even have a gameplace there(like a Gameworks but I can`t remember the name[Jillians]).

Thanx Brian!See ya at the store.

`Sensei

Just a reminder to everyone.Pre-register while you can!

`Sensei

Sensei said:
Just a reminder to everyone.Pre-register while you can!

`Sensei

Thanks for the reminder! I just called and pre-regged my clan, and there are (with us) 9 signed up for the Team event (don't know how that works out, but "whatever" :confused: ) ...

Awesome!See ya`s there and everyone else as well!

`Sensei

Coolbeans doods.See ya`ll there.Hope you can make it as well Sean.

`Sensei

Last call for everyone.See ya there tomorrow!

`Sensei

Well,we had a great turnout!Thanx to everyone for coming and making this event a success and I definately had a blast HJ`ing and working with Mike(who is a class act among TO`s) and meeting with all the players and Professors.

Since Mike limited the #`s in the morning to 18 people in the Theme deck tourney and 16 people(8 teams) in the TeamPlay Event,we had a full house with all seats filled for those events.The afternoon modified tourney,we had 36 people and that was with a slew of people that are always at our events but were absent due to vacations and other commitments!

I`m sure Mike will add his comments and I`ll prolly add more later.:cool:

`Sensei

Last edited:
Back