Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

You and Your Pokemon Organized Play ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderPhil

While many of our community members who are not Professors or Organizers do not yet have a POP ID, this should be a good taste of how important a POP ID is now. The POP ID is your connection to services at the Pokemon-TCG.com. Treat it with respect and you'll get something back, eventually. Let's see what it does:

-Enter Sanctioned Events and Tournaments!
Your POP ID is basically your DCI Number. To enter a tournament you need a POP ID, either from the website or given to you at the tournament itself. This ID will track your Match History and Tournament History on the official website. An example of this can be seen in my profile here. Also listed is your name, screenname, address, global rank, and global score.

-Player ID Cards
This is the only way to prove you are who you say you are. Also a great way to remember your ID number. Finally you CAN replace your ID badge if it gets washed/spilled on. Professor versions are coming out soon, but take a look at the normal player ones:
-Cool Features on the Pokemon-TCG.com Site
Having a Professor ID already, I managed to sneak a peek into some of the cool features given on the official site. The Deck Builder is amazing, allowing you to keep track of the cards you have collected from EX: Ruby and Sapphire and hopefully other expansions in the future. As well, you can construct a deck, save it, and print it out. In addition, with the ID, you also have access to contests like the Top Ten Cards.

-Run League and Tournaments
Older players can use their ID to sanction local tournaments and leagues in their area. Leagues can order more kits and TOs can recieve information on sanctioning events.

I'm sure in the future there are other plans for your POP ID. Your Pokemon Organized Play Identification, dont leave home without it.
-Phil

So my ID Number is that same number that i use to sign in and edit my professor info? If so, 3 digit id numbers own(easier to remember, etc)

Now Phil, have you found out if our current Nintendo.com screen names also double as POP names? I get on to T10 and Deckbuilder with it just fine, so I'm just curious as to whether or not I need another name...

Your Nintendo.com name should work somewhat. It got me into a few things (I remember the deckbuilder), but I didn't bother to see if there was a limit.

Last edited:
I ran across a screen saying I could sanction a tournament, but at the time I wasn't ready to do so. After gathering some info about dates and navigating the site a bit more etc. I found I couldn't get back there, could someone help me with the url? When I log on to try to sanction one, it just doesn't come up. Actually a private message is probably the best idea. Thanks in advance for your help.

Too many IDs already!

I've got:

1. A Professor ID
2. A League Leader ID
3. A my.nintendo.com ID

-just signed up for TO - will this be #4???

When will it stop???

I'm a professor on there, but what is my ID and password? Is it my Nintendo.com one? I don't remember filling anything out to get a ID. Is there a way I can figure out my password and ID?

kingkyle3 said:
I'm a professor on there, but what is my ID and password? Is it my Nintendo.com one? I don't remember filling anything out to get a ID. Is there a way I can figure out my password and ID?

All I know is I got this email:

Subject: Professor Program
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:04:44 -0700

Your Professorship application is approved!
Welcome to the ranks of Pokémon Professors! As a professor, you qualify for our benefits program rolling out this October.
We look forward to working with you!

Your User ID is xxx

Your Password is <snip>

If you can't find your welcome email, you might try posting to the new thread here

kingkyle3 said:

Um if you won the 10 & under R&S Challenge, how can you be a Professor? :confused:

BJJ763 said:
Um if you won the 10 & under R&S Challenge, how can you be a Professor? :confused:

Ohh, good catch!

RainbowRichards said:
When will it stop???

By way of answer to my own question, here is something I found at http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/professor_program_info.html :

As our work progresses, Pokemon Professors will see a number of online based benefits emerging from the Pokemon-tcg.com website. You will be able to combine your user IDs and Passwords for Professorship, League Leader and Tournament Organizer into one login, accessing all of your accounts from one easy place. But please know that some of this will take some time, but we are working very hard to have these functions ready as soon as possible.

Very shortly, you'll be able to register for your POP ID number, and print your Basic Professor ID Card from our website. You'll have three different ID Cards to choose from, and can re-print them as necessary.

Once you become a Master Professor you'll receive a printed plastic ID card with your name and POP ID. These cards are provided to Master Professors free of charge, but carry a $10.00 (US) replacement cost.

Please check back often to find out information regarding updates to the POP Professor Program!

Okay so I have a prof id and password I can't use anyway and no way yet to get a player id that will let me do what exactly.. oh yeah play in a tourney run by ...... oh no tourneys yet.. goes back to snorlax sleeping

...... Amazed got into my professor id thing .. changed password... changed phone number ... ah had to leave my "STATE" as New York!

US Centred still guys and gals leaves us feeling angry again and it is such a small trivial thing to give us an OTHER option!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back