Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

your favorite set/format

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehmoe

This thread is about your favorite set/format and what deck you were playing with it.

To me of all the sets i've seen the Neo sets(neo genesis-neo discovery) were my favorite. i loved every card from that set. neo genesis is the only set to have 2 cards banned from tournament play (sneasel/slowking). i liked neo revelations the most b/c thats where i built my most favorite deck. Magcargo/Entei. it was a power hitting deck with plenty of recycling energy and easy energy acceleration. Drop entei to top 5 2-5 energy and throw them on a slugmas/magcargos and and ohko anything and everything in the format. also the time where gold berry was in play and many other tools. man i will miss these sets and never forget that deck which i played until the format was rotated out.

so what's your guys' fave sets/formats.

i am going to like the next format, the most sets ever, so many decks. i am going on a creative craze. :DDDDDDDD

Favorite set: Delta Species
Delta species gave us a lot to work with, such a complete trainer engine that could keep any deck extremely consistent. Seems like the best engine I've seen in any modified format, what with being able to have complete access to either deck or discard. On top of that, it gave us stuff like MetaNite, and the EX Eeveelutions (which were a pretty big part of the DX-on format, as we all know)

Favorite Format: HL-On
This format was probably the best format, at least to me, since it had a good amount of deck selection, and, it was an over all healthy format. We had Rock Lock, LBS, MewTric, Mynx, Delta, and MetaNite. That was, to me, a pretty healthy format, where one deck was doing really, really well, and Delta came about as a great counter to it (and the rest of the format). On top of that, it seemed that any one of those decks had a good shot at taking someone far.

Favorite set: Delta Species
This was the most radical set other than Platinum. Although this set didn't have as many great d pokemon as later sets, it's trainers constituted most of the holon engine. Holon Transceiver, Holon Lass, Holon Researcher, Holon Farmer, Holon Mentor, and the list goes on. It also had the card that my first top cutting deck was centered around, Salamence d.

Favorite format: HP-on
HP-on
This format was kind of weird, but I liked it. It consisted of a mixture of DP cards and EX cards. At the beginning of the year, no one really knew what to play, and rogues were everywhere. I played mario, which was probably the most fun deck I have ever played in my life. Around the time of cities, GG had just started to become popular, but Blissey was probably the reigning deck. After that, GG took ahold of the meta and ran with it. It was always fun to face the BDIF and play your best, even if you lost. This format was so diverse, with many different options.

My favorite set was probably Legend Maker because Gengar was in itXD and other cards were nice too.
My favorite format was probably Deoxys-on because there were so many different decks.

Hmmm, this looks like it's pretty much a poll. If you'd like to submit it to the admins for approval, you have my blessing, however as is .... no. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back