View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Bigger Sets, Bigger Fun

I finally got my 4th Thundurus Fullart last night. 2 more Tornadus Fullart, and I'll have completed my playsets collections of special cards.

I have 2 sets of each LEGEND (1 top, 1 bottom), 4 of each Prime, 4 Pikachu, and 4 of each Full art card (just need 2 Tornadus)

When I looked at the HGSS sets, I noticed that each set had a considerable amount of collector's value- each had 6 Primes and 2 LEGENDs per set (Unleashed had 3 LEGENDs). When it comes down to it, getting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Changing The Game

When I think of Poke-powers, poke-bodies, or abilities, I don't think they should be extensions of the pokemon first and the game second.

Here's what I mean.

Take Latios, from the HS Promos. It's Body reads "If you have Latias in play, the retreat cost for Latios is 0."

When you read or apply this body, it directly changes the card, and not the game. They could have printed Latios and given it 0 retreat cost (It floats anyway) ...

Updated 09/27/2011 at 06:32 AM by djjoe227

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Rate of Availability

I'm playing through the Platinum version.

Thing is, I missed all of those events- I can no longer get Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin, Rotom's forms (without transfering to B/W of course), and many other Generation legendaries- Mew (I'd have to get 999 pokemon in my D/P and use Ranch), Celebi, Jirachi and Manaphy.

Why must these be so hard to find? Granted, I have a glitched version of all of these in my brother's game, each holding the key item to unlock their events ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Well, That's The Game.

It urks me to no end when people say "Well, that's the game".

I understand that. Its not the game that urks me, it's what happens in the game as a direct relation to my own personal luck.

Let's go with today. I had a Cubchoo on Bench, with 4 energy. I know, seems like a waste, but here's why: Cleffa was active against a Reshiplosion deck, and Cleffa was tired.

Now since I attached the FIRST Energy on Cubchoo, I had played a shuffle effect ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Flooding the Game

If you haven't seen "Victory Cup" yet, go see it. I can't link it to a different site, so if you really don't know where to look, use Google.

Anyway, the card is a Trainer and reads "Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a Pokemon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.".

For those who don't know, Pokeball is a trainer (In both HGSS and BW) that reads "Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a Pokemon, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast