Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Los Gatos, it's A Flying Gato Thing!

I fail to see how this deck is very good. Most of its matchups are 50-50 or less. You say Delcatty is important to the strategy, but you don't run enough to get it out early enough. So basically you just rely on luck for a hard crush knockout. If Mew can't get a knockout each turn then it will be knocked out each turn. And if you don't get T2 hard crush knockout then you will probably be behind on prizes. If you want a good machamp matchup then play vilegar because it has better matchups across the board. I realize that you don't focus on hard crush every turn, but disruption won't do enough for this to get ready.

If you want a good machamp matchup then play vilegar because it has better matchups across the board.

Contrary to popular belief... There ACTUALLY IS some creative people playing this game who dont like to run the cookie cutter decks. Dont put everyone in the same boat you choose to sail.

This is an awesome deck.... Not exactly how I have been running it, but this looks like a solid list.

I am a little concerned about a few things.

1) 20 energy is rough.... I am at 24 and I'm having problems with t2 through t4 hard crushes... I am gonna try sages to assist early with getting energy in the discard pile.

2) I believe your trainer count is too high. Vileplume will get you if your not careful. Sure I see that you are trying to use them as a dialga counter but you cant take a loss to vilgar to HOPE and win the dialga matchup. Think about this truthfully.... Do you actually draw those cards when you need to vs dialga? My guess is no...

3) Take a look at your Mew recovery.... 1 dialga (2 seeker), 2 pokemon rescue, 4 rescue energy and 4 mews.... They only have 6 prizes. You should only need to set 5 total mews per game. I'm simply pointing out that there is some wiggle room in this part of the deck.

4) I went with some other techs, but dont want them to be worldwide till I can surprise someone... You are welcome to pm me for assistance if you like...

5) 2 uxie is too many.... You dont have the bech space ofr this. You also CAN run this deck with zero cards in hand. You really dont want to draw cards with this deck. You run the risk of pulling your energy with no way to put it back into the deck.

I like this deck. We have been working it for some time now. Props to your group for winning with it before me. Now that its a gym deck I think its time to tear it and start another deck...

Good luck and have fun....
Jimmy

wel u need a lot more energy and less trainers also u need 2-2 or 2-1 line of ape e4 x to counter dialga g(big help) and the energy count should be around 35 to 45
PS ape is better than blaze because ape cant be d rushed without crobat g

wel u need a lot more energy and less trainers also u need 2-2 or 2-1 line of ape e4 x to counter dialga g(big help) and the energy count should be around 35 to 45
PS ape is better than blaze because ape cant be d rushed without crobat g

LOL @ 35 energy....that's the quickest way to a terrible opening hand. 22 energy is solid.

not really i played 44 and almost beat everyone

I honestly don't believe that. 3/4 of your deck being energy while relying on a 60HP attacker is NOT solid. You can ignore the article all you like, but don't think it's cool to come in spouting off that the list is wrong when it's had solid, factual results back it up in P!P events. GL trolling somewhere else with 44 energy.

i dont mean to troll i just thinkthat it needs more energy one of my friends played 44 energy and got top 4 at cc and i think it needs a dialga g counter AND I DONT MEAN TO TROLL

Way to little of energy. You explained not hard crushing every turn, meaning that it leaves a space for your opponent to take the lead. My deck runs 40 energy and I have never had a bad hand, nor a bad start. Cutting out cards that are not all that useful will give you better starts. Being able to hard crush every turn knocking out a pokemon each time should be the way to go. Being able to disrupt your opponent can always backfire and they recover faster than you. Smeargle is okay, but I perfer Sableye being able to go first and setup your pokemon faster is a lot better then taking a risk and hoping that your opponent has a supporter that will help you. I have found being guaranteed the pokemon you need and being able to use hard crush by 3rd turn and constantly being able to get a KO, in a prize for prize game. Delcatty is to risky because for one eats up bench space that can be used for other Mew's. Cuts down on energy amount, and has a power that can be stopped. Which if it gets stopped then that gives your opponent the lead in the prize taking race, if you can't get a KO without the power. Against SP you need atleast 3 energy to KO the Lv X if they stop your power, and you only have 22 energy in the deck there is a great possibility that you won't get that energy needed for the KO.

Way to little of energy. You explained not hard crushing every turn, meaning that it leaves a space for your opponent to take the lead. My deck runs 40 energy and I have never had a bad hand, nor a bad start. Cutting out cards that are not all that useful will give you better starts. Being able to hard crush every turn knocking out a pokemon each time should be the way to go. Being able to disrupt your opponent can always backfire and they recover faster than you. Smeargle is okay, but I perfer Sableye being able to go first and setup your pokemon faster is a lot better then taking a risk and hoping that your opponent has a supporter that will help you. I have found being guaranteed the pokemon you need and being able to use hard crush by 3rd turn and constantly being able to get a KO, in a prize for prize game. Delcatty is to risky because for one eats up bench space that can be used for other Mew's. Cuts down on energy amount, and has a power that can be stopped. Which if it gets stopped then that gives your opponent the lead in the prize taking race, if you can't get a KO without the power. Against SP you need atleast 3 energy to KO the Lv X if they stop your power, and you only have 22 energy in the deck there is a great possibility that you won't get that energy needed for the KO.
Delcatty is the reason you don't have to sacrifice your consistency for energies.

SP has a hard enough time dealing with the barrage of Judges.

I'm sorry, but if you're running 40 energy, have fun recovering as you get judged into 4 energy hand.

Smeargle trumps sableye everytime in this deck. On our first turn, this list "see off"s, not impersonates. That gives you an edge as well. Hope you enjoy what you just impersonated for as it's judged back into your deck, LOL.

Consistency is key, and until people learn that you can't run 40+ energy in a deck and expect to run consistent, you won't see those lists at the top tables.

I definitely like this better than any of the MewPerior decks I have seen. Most are run with WAY too many energy and the consistency is terribly lacking in the high energy decks.
This has a good solid core and can circulate through like crazy. I will be putting some time into a similar build!

Thanks for the article and the time you put into it!

I'ma side with Austin and Seth on this one; that list is consistent.

Plus, the stuff they took out for energy cards (Delcatty, Dialga) are the things that they use to get more damage output.

Nice work on the article and I would say the best Mew Prime deck I have seen yet... Love the thought that went into it ! Great work guys ! ( P.S. ) I would rather play against SP decks than this one...

A few problems.

1. How do you make sure of Psychic Energy first turn? Because if you don't get it soon, you're screwed. Not everyone has a Cyrus for you to copy.
2. Personally I think Blaziken FB X is a better counter. Drifblim's attack is a whopping 3 energy, just to get the Dialga G off the board for 2-3 turns. I understand that Judge could be used to mess with their hand first, but...how are you going to get the DCE out consistently, before they snipe your Drifblim? Dragon Rush, Crobat G, you're dead.

1/5 of the deck is Psy you draw it or into pretty easy.

as I said earlier with all the Pokemon Search this doesnt have getting out Blaze X isnt any easier than getting out Driftblim but Smeargal does help in either case. But whats to stop a Dialga Player from Sniping the 80 HP Blaze FB? No Flash Bite Required so the Argument is Moot.

LOL @ 35 energy....that's the quickest way to a terrible opening hand. 22 energy is solid.

25 is solid, 4 Warp,4 Rescue,more psychic. Blaziken is a better Dialgachomp counter and your wrong about the DaChomp matchup. This deck is fast, not particularly your build as how stripped mine is, but still fast none the less. So Once u get Blaze on the bench with Rescue then you are good.I played it in swiss and won, and only lost by 1 prize to it, and thatscuz I whiffed on 2 hard crushes in Top 2 at cities.

Its 50/50, because Blaze/Ape makes that much of a difference. Mew should be T1/T2 with Smergle starts especially. Your build is more built around disruption, Giratina is better than Judge, not every deck u play in top will have Power Spray.

I love this deck, but the list u have isnt the best.

You guys are so concerned about DGX, and you really should but Drifblim does well against it and it's OHKO against Mewtwo LV.X, which makes this deck autolose. 25-22 energies are fine to me, more than that is plenty. I mean, you play recovery, why some many energies?

And congrats man for your list, you told me your achievements in CC and I hope you continue in that way. :biggrin:

You guys are so concerned about DGX, and you really should but Drifblim does well against it and it's OHKO against Mewtwo LV.X, which makes this deck autolose. 25-22 energies are fine to me, more than that is plenty. I mean, you play recovery, why some many energies?

And congrats man for your list, you told me your achievements in CC and I hope you continue in that way. :biggrin:

you sure Drifblim does well?

Delcatty is the reason you don't have to sacrifice your consistency for energies.

SP has a hard enough time dealing with the barrage of Judges.

I'm sorry, but if you're running 40 energy, have fun recovering as you get judged into 4 energy hand.

Smeargle trumps sableye everytime in this deck. On our first turn, this list "see off"s, not impersonates. That gives you an edge as well. Hope you enjoy what you just impersonated for as it's judged back into your deck, LOL.

Consistency is key, and until people learn that you can't run 40+ energy in a deck and expect to run consistent, you won't see those lists at the top tables.

I really like the article, and it's interesting how you guys play it, but I think the deck can run up to about 30-35 energy easily without getting inconsistent. One Pokemon Collector essentially sets up most of your Mews for the game, then along with Rescue Energy and maybe Pokemon Rescue, it's not a big problem. 40 is risky, but if you can open with Mew Prime and a Pokemon Collector, it's not so bad.

I'm going to test this list though, I want to see how this style plays as well. Do you feel that playing Drifblim and DCE for Dialga G X is worth it? Would it be better just to accept that autoloss and improve the other matchups?

Back