Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Normal Foils - unplayable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can refurbish the cards, but it is a bit time consuming and takes a little practice and patience as you have to carefully bend them back in the opposite direction to the same degree they are currently bent . And you have to do it without creasing them as that will likely make them unplayable as well.

I assume the top and bottom edges of the face of the card are warping in, correct? If so, this can alleviate it:

1. Hold the card in your slightly cupped palm so that the card face is facing your palm making sure the top edge is pointing toward your fingers and the bottom edge facing your thumb pad.

2. With the fingers of your other hand closed together, and starting from the center of the card apply gentle pressure and rub back and forth across the back of the card until you have it pressed into the opposite shape it was in when you started the process.

3. Repeat until the card is flat(ish) and playable.

I managed to pick a pack out that had a RH and rare holo (Reuniclus!). This is a bad thing. If i can near enough get a rare holo every time...

Humidity is the major cause of foil cards bending. Thus, if you can eliminate the humidity surrounding the card, the card tends to straighten out.

Humidity is the major cause of foil cards bending. Thus, if you can eliminate the humidity surrounding the card, the card tends to straighten out.
I live in a dry climate (Colorado). The cards are still bending.

Time to stock up on full-body Reshi's and Zeb's instead of the foils. :frown:

Yeah. I live in Nevada.. I tried the freezer thing and then stuck em in sleeves and put them in my binder.. I am going to check how they are in a few hours (they'll of been in the binder for about 24hrs)

I've seen guys at tournaments who have their entire deck curved like a crescent moon. So I guess they just bend all their cards to make them match or they just shuffle really hard. Either way, I always thought that that was weird.

Usually i end up bending my own cards by shuffling >.>
I just shuffle by bending the other way within a sleeve.
Seems to straighten out all the time

Good thing I'm not playing Reshiboar lol. My emboar does that too. My Zoroarks do not, however. Some of them don't warp as bad.

all the holos I have pulled not had this problem I think some of it is also the way stores handle the packs. if you buy the new tin (the 2 dragons) store have not handle the packs yet but if you go to a hobby store were they pull the pack out for you then they handle the pack and easliy bend the pack not meaning to. I notice with Yugioh and Pokemon the holos bend more then the non holos. This is why in less I have to I run a non holo or a Reverse holo of a card. I try to stay away from normal holo's in less I have to run it

This problem has existed since the days of Base Set. It annoys me that they simply can't find a way to print foil cards that don't bend. At the very least, there should be nonfoil versions of every card (like there were in the days of Jungle & Fossil).

Living in Florida, the humidity bends my foil cards noticeably. If I left a card near an open window, it would take one day for it to curve into a half-circle. The card becomes stiff, like it has two legs. No joke!

That sounds like it's the answer. I live in an apartment that has the air condition on for about 1/3 of the whole day and none of mine have curved. (Yes my bill for that is horrendous) So I guess since air conditioned air is so dry then it's good for my cards. Even the few that I've traded for and were curved when I got them are just fine after being in my apartment for a week. :lol:

This problem has existed since the days of Base Set. It annoys me that they simply can't find a way to print foil cards that don't bend. At the very least, there should be nonfoil versions of every card (like there were in the days of Jungle & Fossil).

Living in Florida, the humidity bends my foil cards noticeably. If I left a card near an open window, it would take one day for it to curve into a half-circle. The card becomes stiff, like it has two legs. No joke!
This post made me wonder... Do other TCGs have the same problem with their foil cards, or is it just Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back