Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2 regionals rumor

gallade

I heard a rumor going around that there would be two regionals going on, just like the two battle roads. Is there any legitimance to this?
Posted with Mobile style...

I doubt Pokemon would actually do that.. It's hard enough for me to drive to 1 Regionals a year. xD
More Regionals would also lead to more Travel Allowance and Byes for Nats..

I really wouldn't enjoy this. its hard enough for me to make it to 1 regionals, let alone a 2nd one. Plus most of them are switching to 2 day formats now it seems also with how big attendance has been growing over the years.

Well, I don't know if that is the exact change, but I do seem to recall my TO did mention that Regionals will be receiving changes. And he keeps taunting us by saying "Changes are coming (Sept 1st)" Now, our TO also told us we'd only get Beta codes in Pre-release packs, so... We'll find out in 15 days!

I would LOVE that.
(Although I live in New England where it's extremely easy to make itto events.)

Last edited:
This is true I found out at Worlds this past weekend! Also Regionals are going to be two days instead of one. SoCal regionals is going to be this November 12-13.

Good. I'm not the only one who heard this rumor.

It was going around HT a tiny bit but died out pretty fast. I feel this is a very nice change if it were to happen.

2 day regionals though? I don't want to stay in a hotel :(

It was going around HT a tiny bit but died out pretty fast. I feel this is a very nice change if it were to happen.

Well with most the regionals that switched to the 2 day format. They usually do swiss and and top 32, possibly even top 16 day one, then the rest on day 2

Its easier for us to get our invites now.

I got confirmed word from Mr. Raichu! (The Oregon PTO) He said that Regionals will be at Salem, Oregon on November 11th and 12th.

Look, it cost more money for everyone, but it has to be done.

NorthEast regionals this year was 8 Rounds with a Top 32 cut. They were forced to make TOp Cut 45 minutes +3 turns. They started the tournament at about 11AM, ran it pretty smoothly, and still it ran til Midnight. They almost ran out of time.

If this rumor is true, I will be incredibly happy. There aren't enough big competitions in the year imo

Wait, so will there be 2 of the same regionals a year (nov and apr) or only nov for some and apr for others?

^^^^^ Exactly^^^^^
Will it be the same Regional twice a year, or will there be different locations?

Now I start to wonder-Is it possible Regional's could directly give invites to Worlds? Maybe they won't even count in the "Premier Ratings" or whatever the rating system will be?

I could live with Ft. Wayne twice a year (3 times now with States) (And four for a possible City invasion...) but we'll see!!!

SoCal Regionals is in fall
North Cal Regionals is in spring
Meaning, double regionals :)

:frown: Are they going to increase the number of Regionals at all? I really hope so, I don't' want to cross either of the lakes (Or go around them..) To be honest. Thats a llllllllooooooonnnnnnnggggg Drive. :frown:

Oh well. Just won't let Pennsylvania be at the same time as Great Lake...

what, it's hard to plan to go to one regionals, and not being able to go to the second one means I lose out on rating points.(not that premier rating will matter this year) :/

I am REALLY mad at Pokemon right now!
I have to do enough to just go to 1 Regionals, but 2?!?!?! How am I supposed to ever have a chance at an invite now?!?!?

Back