Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

No Battle Roads this year?

There will DEFINATELY be Battle Roads this year in the Fall and Spring. There are some changes coming in the 201-13 season but they will be additions, not subtractions.

They are going to have a Fall and Spring Regionals and change the rating system to discourage dropping. Thats all i know atm, but there will probably be more changes. all of these will happen in the 12-13 season

FINALLY! Thats long overdue...

11-12 Season or 12-13? My TO is saying Sept 1st changes are coming. (Or Teasing...)

Would you guys (TO's, PTO's P!P Staff) just put us out of our [DEL]curiosity[/DEL] misery? :)wink:)

During the PTO conference we were briefed on changes for this season and some for the 12-13 season. HenryP's source appears to have mixed some of them up.

Official announcements for next season should be coming out on Pokemon.com in the coming weeks. Until then our Non-Disclosure Agreements prevent us from sharing with the entire community.

Ok, well I do love the BR's, so I hope they keep them. The only change I would make would be to have tournaments more in the spring and summer to avoid conflicts with Football. It sucks having to choose between going to a tournament and watching football.

Well I hope they can make some changes that discourage people from dropping. It was kind of sad at nationals to see players like J-wittz, Fulop, and Jay. H just wandering around the floor. Nationals should be about the best players in the country playing against each other. A system that rewards people for not playing is not that fun.

Not sure how I feel about more regionals. I like having more local tournaments, and less big tournaments. More regionals means a higher gas bill and more time wasted on driving.

But before we rush to judgements, lets see what the changes actually are.

Ok, well I do love the BR's, so I hope they keep them. The only change I would make would be to have tournaments more in the spring and summer to avoid conflicts with Football. It sucks having to choose between going to a tournament and watching football.

Well I hope they can make some changes that discourage people from dropping. It was kind of sad at nationals to see players like J-wittz, Fulop, and Jay. H just wandering around the floor. Nationals should be about the best players in the country playing against each other. A system that rewards people for not playing is not that fun.

Not sure how I feel about more regionals. I like having more local tournaments, and less big tournaments. More regionals means a higher gas bill and more time wasted on driving.

But before we rush to judgements, lets see what the changes actually are.

Fulop probably didn't even play at Nats, I know he didn't last year. that was because he already had his rating high enough for an invite. He went just to hang out with people and he did deck testing in the side events.

^
yeah he didn't play nats or regionals :p
and tbh he didn't even need to play at IN states(his rating was 1851 prior to event, and 1845 was the cutoff) so that was lol.

I like BR's, they're so fun for just playing "for fun" decks, and having tournament games, but not really a "tournament" atmosphere, i'll be sad to see them go, but i understand why they're doing it.

^
yeah he didn't play nats or regionals :p
and tbh he didn't even need to play at IN states(his rating was 1851 prior to event, and 1845 was the cutoff) so that was lol.

I like BR's, they're so fun for just playing "for fun" decks, and having tournament games, but not really a "tournament" atmosphere, i'll be sad to see them go, but i understand why they're doing it.

I haven't seen a single person say BR's are gone. To quote hagrid from earlier in the thread

There will DEFINATELY be Battle Roads this year in the Fall and Spring. There are some changes coming in the 201-13 season but they will be additions, not subtractions.

And ya, I knew Fulop didn't play regionals, i just wasn't sure about Nats this year since I couldn't make it.

ah, okay, i meant in the future of them getting rid of br's, i saw that post, sorry i wasn't clearish.

i wonder where they would put the new regionals though..

Not everyone is a football fan, this is a non issue. The only thing that should effect Pokemon events is stuff that effects the majority of players, holidays for example.

Well I know at Autumn battler roads last year our T.O. put the Browns game on the projector after everyone found their pairings. So it made in between rounds pretty nice. But football really is a non issue with this. if you'd rather watch football, stay at home and watch it. or use a smart phone to watch it between rounds.

Back