Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A better solution to dice

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really want a second deck that you have to thoroughly shuffle every time you're called to flip a coin? Thoroughly shuffling the deck so as to achieve proper randomness again would take about fifteen seconds, I'd estimate - anything significantly less and you haven't really randomised the deck. Imagine trying to use Zapdos' Hurricane Thunder (4 flips) with such a randomiser - you'd be drawing a card, recording the result, then shuffling the deck thoroughly - four times. You also need to note the result down somewhere lest you forget it. When you're all done with this, you've taken well over a minute just to calculate the damage for a single attack. And then there's Victory Star...

Well pinn do you keep a deck box on you? because it is that easy!!

To be fair i like to keep 1 deck box with me and 15ish dice. That's just me but i think that is really all you need.

I can see where your coming from and it is annoying, but it will never take off and luck is a part of the game so I would just quit now!

You only have one deck? So that was your deffense comment.....because you need better one. You know im lauging a lot of the comments here there so bad. Your right about that jackster if people arent so negitive towards it and at least give it a chance.

You only have one deck? So that was your deffense comment.....because you need better. You know im lauging a lot of the comments here there so bad. Your right about that jackster if people arent so negitive towards it and at least give it a chance.
Haha, wow. Just wow. You've yet to actually make any kind of real argument besides "it's good."

I feel like I'm feeding a troll.

So you are picking from your own deck, I don't understand how this is any more random than cherry picking your dice from ones you have bought yourself. Check your dice before you use them and only use the ones you feel are random. But i assure you, Companies make dice to be random, if you buy and use your own dice you have an equal chance of getting heads or tails, at least as equal as you would get with picking a card off a deck. I, and no body else here cares how many times you've flipped only tails for a period. Being statistically random is random.
Posted with Mobile style...

Check my dice? Well every one needs to check there dice then. People why are you so up set about this i couldnt evan imagined you guys being this bad about this.

You want another "bad comment" to add to your collection? How about the fact that it takes roughly 7 good shuffles to fully randomize a Pokemon sized deck. Do that every time you need to flip a coin because if you don't, your method if factually worse than rolling dice. Then play victini with Vanilla and try to not get a judge called on you.

I don't know, you seemed sorta upset because your dice were giving you bad results. So maybe you should make sure you don't have rigged ones or something. That was your complaint right? Then you called our comments bad... But I can't imagine why we would be mad about that or anything.

Check my dice? Well every one needs to check there dice then. People why are you so up set about this i couldnt evan imagined you guys being this bad about this.

Helps if you use better grammar... We can read what you mean.

You're the one presenting a flawed and bad idea, not us.

Well i had this work people dont you understand this. why are you makeing a such big deal about this. IF it is a bad idea just stop posting. You guys are lazy if you think its that much work.

Well i had this work people dont you understand this. why are you makeing a such big deal about this. IF it is a bad idea just stop posting. You guys are lazy if you think its that much work.

Do 8 "flips". Inbetween those flips count the time it takes to randomize the deck to a point it is equally random with a die. Then do that a few more times for everytime you attack during the game. Then total the time. Significantly longer than the die roll. Using the zapdos example is a little bit out there but it's legitiment because one could make a deck with it and Victini.

It's not that it's a horrible idea it's just that we provide arguments and you provide very poor counter arguments that remind me of troll arguments. It makes the gym mad in general. Rather than saying that it will work when we say it won't, try to support yourself by giving us info and examples that we didn't already see In the OP.

This isnt a time saveing thing this is a thing to give a lot of some thing in a row. I mean if your right about this then this idea should fly off your mind and you do some thing else.

These are the types of ideas that help the United States run a 14 trillion dollar deficit - making solutions that are ten times worse than the problem itself.

Im sure that was on every eles mind to wilyfungi i mean these are some creative people when it comes to this. Look ill make one up also. This idea might cause a riot if im not carefull there will be war in the street's!!

Yes, clearly that was what I meant when referring to crippling debt. This solution of yours is like what people do to justify extra positions/departments in bureaucracy, introduce crippling inefficiency and double checks. In pokemon all it will do is waste time and introduce extreme annoyance. Your "cavalier" retort sure showed me who was right though.

Wait, what? Okay, let me re-phrase that. What?

You're being given FACTS, you're not taking advice, and you're not listening to any one telling you why it's a bad idea. I think someone just had bad luck or something. I actually just flipped fifteen tails in a row just an hour ago in a practice round. But normally almost every flip of mine is heads. Dice aren't unfair, and this idea is nothing revolutionary, nor is it more useful. Reasons have already been given with the time issues being one of the worst I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back