Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BDIF - Thunder/Kyurem/Deoxys ; Too Good; Needs Stopping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phadrex

How can we stop this monster of a deck? With tournaments going on everywhere currently..it's literally 95% of the deck I see. Just crazy.

Kyurem T1 Spear with Deoxys boost half the time is just wild..Thundurus stacks it's bench..

I run Darkrai and I'm telling you..one bad hand and I have no chance.

It's so fast and has so many options. Plus that damn Lugia lol.

Is this deck so good it might possibly kill the meta?

Is this deck so good it might possibly kill the meta?

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: The meta is quite possibly the best we've had all year; so much room for creativity with the number of cards in format, the Plasma engine allows for plenty of new opportunities, and there's plenty of decks that could win on any given day.

"The meta is quite possibly the best we've had all year; so much room for creativity with the number of cards in format, the Plasma engine allows for plenty of new opportunities, and there's plenty of decks that could win on any given day." - Said Nobody except the guy posted above me.

The only way that deck loses is if Blastoise can go 1st turn and get what it needs to set up. The only match up your safe in is the mirror. Its essentially a Tier 0 deck right now.

Any deck that can do 70+ for 1 energy attachment is too good. I'm working on a counter deck for it but I don't have enough time to get it ready for BRs.

"The meta is quite possibly the best we've had all year; so much room for creativity with the number of cards in format, the Plasma engine allows for plenty of new opportunities, and there's plenty of decks that could win on any given day." - Said Nobody except the guy posted above me.

I will say it as well, so that makes two of us.

The only way that deck loses is if Blastoise can go 1st turn and get what it needs to set up. The only match up your safe in is the mirror. Its essentially a Tier 0 deck right now.

So according to you, the only decks winning right now are this and Blastoise, right?

I would be interested to see the evidence for this.

Meanwhile, in the real world, Gothitelle Lock wins Norway Nationals, there is an all-Darkrai final at German Nationals, Gothitelle, Darkrai, Big Basics, Quad Snorlax have all won Battle Roads.

It 's a very powerful, very popular deck, but let's try and keep things in perspective please.

Any deck that can do 70+ for 1 energy attachment on a basic is too good. I'm working on a counter deck for it but I don't have enough time to get it ready for BRs.

Fixed. Chomp, Empo and the like aren't broken by any means.

I don't know how to feel on this deck. Its basically just a more refined big basics,but Deoxy's ability certainly limits the balance of lower damage outputting, and he's nowhere near as useless attacking as Altaria is for Garchomp's equivalent. It doesn't seem like the deck has many actual flaws and more just suffers the formats "every deck clunks" syndrome some times, with some 50/50 matchups here and there.
I'm just glad the Promo Landy is the only fighting type Plasma Pokemon thats going to exist, keeping this decks coverage at bay.

Goth-lock is a tough deck to mention as the only ones that might run it have to include Beach, and not all the top players wil run the deck, so very small percentage. It doesn't keep this deck at bay or battle it for top honors.

Darkrai is on it's way out I'm assuming, with the rotation near, Dark Explorers will surely disappear and leave thousands of Darkrai as has-beens. So there goes that dominan force.

Blastoise is still too slow and although Blk Kyurem is solid, it's another deck that is tough to dominate without Beach draw power.

This deck is obviously the future of the game and will easily be the top deck for a long time, and is currently the best now. I think the only way it can be topped is varient of Quad PF Kyurem.

Rayquaza somehow still competes, so bravo on that.

Plasma Klang has potential, but is it fast enough is the real question.. With PF Kyurem hitting 30+/30 then T2 120+, id say no.
Rotation will definitely make a huge impact on the future of decks.

It tends to struggle in the late game. You're on a 5 turn clock against this deck. If you survive past 5 turns, you have a decent chance to beat it. Playing Eels, I figure I've got the same chance against this as I did against Landy, a little bit worse than 50-50. Actually, I feel a little bit (though not much) better, seeing as it's more difficult to spread damage with this deck than it is with Landy.

Darkrai is on it's way out I'm assuming, with the rotation near, Dark Explorers will surely disappear and leave thousands of Darkrai as has-beens. So there goes that dominan force.
First, you don't know anything about rotation, because rotation hasn't been announced for now.
Second, you speak about rotation but supposing you live in the USA, there are still BattleRoads, Worldwide Nationals (to lurk at results), USA Nationals, even Worlds to be run before rotation. For somebody in Europe that already have played his nats and is not qualified sure, there is nothing to do until rotation is announced, but for somebody in the USA there are still a lot of things to do.
Third, results show TDK is not invincible.

If you want to beat the deck, you know what they say : "know your ennemy", so play it first, then act. Complaining won't get you anywhere.

I bumped into this deck in the novice section on the tcg online game. My eels deck worked wonders against it despite the fact that they had all 4 deoxys out on the bench. I simply catchered the deoxys. It was a quick game, drawing two prize cards at a time.

It tends to struggle in the late game. You're on a 5 turn clock against this deck. If you survive past 5 turns, you have a decent chance to beat it. Playing Eels, I figure I've got the same chance against this as I did against Landy, a little bit worse than 50-50. Actually, I feel a little bit (though not much) better, seeing as it's more difficult to spread damage with this deck than it is with Landy.

QFT

I saw this deck play a couple of times yesterday, and it was always the same song and dance. It sets up SUPER quickly and overwhelms you, but then it tends to run out of fuel as it uses up all of its resources. If you can get this deck to burn up resources early while surviving, you're in good shape.

QFT

I saw this deck play a couple of times yesterday, and it was always the same song and dance. It sets up SUPER quickly and overwhelms you, but then it tends to run out of fuel as it uses up all of its resources. If you can get this deck to burn up resources early while surviving, you're in good shape.

I have not had the pleasure of facing this deck yet but what you do say is true. My matchup with big basics, Darkrai and other aggro decks are good because they dont know how to manage resources or abuse juniper way too much and discard everything and ended up losing to me. I just need to be able to survive the first few turns and I'm in good shape.

It also relies really heavily on those special energies, so something that can chuck them (ie. Enhanced Hammer) is looking pretty useful. Actually didn't the Derail Drifblim do pretty well in Japan recently?

Also has anyone tried Drifblim DRX against it? Once those special energy start hitting the discard I'd imagine it can be pretty destructive.

The counter deck here has been Cobalion Landorus and Garbaor. I played it yesterday but found the deck boring.

I will say it as well, so that makes two of us.

So according to you, the only decks winning right now are this and Blastoise, right?

I would be interested to see the evidence for this.

Meanwhile, in the real world, Gothitelle Lock wins Norway Nationals, there is an all-Darkrai final at German Nationals, Gothitelle, Darkrai, Big Basics, Quad Snorlax have all won Battle Roads.

It 's a very powerful, very popular deck, but let's try and keep things in perspective please.

I forgot Darkrai and anything running Tropical Beach.

For the most part the Plasma Toolbox is Tier 0 unless you outspend the deck or play Anti-Meta.

First, you don't know anything about rotation, because rotation hasn't been announced for now.
Second, you speak about rotation but supposing you live in the USA, there are still BattleRoads, Worldwide Nationals (to lurk at results), USA Nationals, even Worlds to be run before rotation. For somebody in Europe that already have played his nats and is not qualified sure, there is nothing to do until rotation is announced, but for somebody in the USA there are still a lot of things to do.
Third, results show TDK is not invincible.

If you want to beat the deck, you know what they say : "know your ennemy", so play it first, then act. Complaining won't get you anywhere.

Looking for solutions and discussions regarding the BDIF isn't complaining.

Especially as I run this deck as well. But you're right, I'll enjoy the competitions, let me know how the rotation viewing goes.

I'd say my initial post was pretty spot on.

The replies have been really informative and has included a lot of important viewpoints. Thread successful.

Cobalion/Garbodor is definitely imo the best deck in the format. Highly skill based and destroys the format(with proper teching).

I can definitely see the solid matchups with Cob/Garb. I'd Also like to know of the techs. Because stopping Free retreat can't be it's only plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back