Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st Monument Cities with SIMPLE JACK!!!!

Okay soo the night before this tournament I felt soo unprepared (we had a week break in between cities soo i didn't even touch cards till the night before) I was contemplating on using Arceus again cause it didn't do all that bad the week before (3-2 ain't soo bad considering a game with no supporters till turn 7 and a turn 2 donk =/) but I had this feeling it wouldn't have done soo well today cause there was more competition coming to this one than the last one lol.. I was talking to my friend cause he needed to borrow cards for Gyrados so both him and his brother could tag-team it lol.. And I get this idea. Why not play Butterfree again?? (I'd played at a Cities beforehand and made 3rd with losing to a good friend in sudden death.. so out of impulse I ask my friend if I could borrow the Butterfree's (since for some reason I had 0 =/).. later that night I find 2 lol.. I ended not getting to sleep till 4:30 and waking up at 8:30.. I woke up and thought "ohh this is going to be soo much fun" =/ Anyways to the tourney

1st round vs. Casper (BYE)
That game was soo easy!! It felt like I didn't even play it (ohh wait.. I didn't) I ended up helping the first round pass out slips and promos and stuff.. Not a good start haha sure it's a free win but it's BORING =/
1-0

2nd round vs. Jared (Beedrill)
I looked at this and thought "Oh dear god.. This is really going to suck". it's not that the matchup was bad (it probably was too) but he is the most annoying person I've ever had the unpleasure of meeting =/ anyway, i get a first turn Butterfree (2 heads with Caterpie/Metapod's power) and i get nothing after that untill later I top claydol and start to run a little smoother.. By then he already knocked out 2 butterfree's (one with an expert belt cause I didn't see that I had the Cherrim on the bench that reduced 10 in which he EXACTLY one shot it >.<) I was pissed.. I ended up losing to that mistake.. oh well
1-1

soo it wasn't looking to well for me to make top 4.. we were at lunch which wasn't all that exciting until I see jared running toward my friend's car as if they left him.. I laughed and hard too.. Lunch goes on and I'm chilling with Josh and Carrie when Jared comes up and starts cussing out Josh cause he left him during lunch (That's who's car it was that Jared was running after).. They almost got in a fight!!! (BTW did I mention this was held at a library? cause that's kinda important) Soo Jared ended up getting DQ'd and possibly banned for that.. Whoo crazy times indeed.. Anyway back to the tourney..

3rd round vs Ryan (Arceus)
This game was kind of uneventful except that Ryan has the worst luck in this game.. His Fire Arceus was prized the ENTIRE game (he drew 5 prizes too =/) Also not too mention that he ended up missing a Ripple Swell and only hitting 3 energies late game.. GG ryan sorry about that..
2-1

4th round vs Carrie (Gyrados)
Hmm playing a friend always sucks.. I get there a little early and when she sits down she's got tears all over her face (she was getting sad about the fight from earlier since Josh is a REALLY good friend of hers) =(( NOT GOOD!! I tried to help all I could and she assured me she was fine.. Okay.. anyway this game was scary as hell.. I get a turn 2 butterfree among other things but can't find my belts to save my life.. soo with a couple crobat drops she's one shotting my butterfrees (ut-oh..) fortunately I was ablle to find a belts and was able to two shot Gyrados's with belts and heal at the same time.. she sacrifced two pokemon which allowed me to heal.. She ended up getting a gyrados with a belt on it and hit for 110.. I bring up a fresh butterfree with a belt and dozing for 100 and flipped heads for asleep.. she flipped for ssu. tails =( GG carrie That was a really good and fun game!! =)
3-1

5th round vs. Jeff (AMU lol)
This game was fun too. We had a whole table to ourselves (and we used it all haha xD) anyway, I get a turn 1 butterfree again and start to go to town.. I don't remember much of this game but it was super close lol.. I remember it went back and forth. I knock out something and he supreme blasted the free with a belt =/ then I started using Cherrim to attack.. He locked it up with Azelf for 10 due to other Cherrim.. I hit it for 40 and healed.. He retreated to an Uxie with a belt and psy restored for 40 and brought up another uxie.. I was able to one shot it with 2 pp and a bucks. He brought up Azelf and attached a belt and locked for 40.. I needed another PP for game and I ripped it off the top.. GG Jeff sorry about that! That game was super close too!!
4-1

So I end up making 3rd and I get to play guess who?? My brother =/.. >.< not the greatest of matchups.. plus he's my brother!! Soo the library kicked us out so we ended up finishing the tournament at a Carl's Jr. (we did this last year too lol, lots of fun you guys gotta try it sometime ;) ) anyway we got a little break then we started top 4..

Top 4 vs Kevin (Garchomp/Luxray)
Okay so at first we start talking about who could end up winning the whole tourney.. And we decided to play it out till the other match was done and see who won out of those two and decide from there who should go on.. Anyway first game I get turn 1 butterfree, cherrim and turn 2 claydol! the deck flew and Kev couldn't come back from that.. Game 2 was a different story.. I got turn 2 claydol only for it to get sniped by Garchomp.. He ended up sniping any kind of setup I could have gotten =( Game 3 looked a lot like Game 2..the other game was done and the winner was Fly/Champ.. Kev scooped to me 3rd game cause he knew there was no way he could beat that.. Well thanks bro lol =)
5-1

Top 2 vs Carlos (Fly/Champ)
At first I was kind of wondering what to do in this matchup.. Untill I realized that it was like any matchup that couldn't one shot the free's =) this was good for me.. First game the deck set up like normal as did his.. I ended up 3 shotting a flygon x with e-belt cause he couldn't two shot my butterfree.. he then leveled up a machamp and hurricanie punched for 130 cause of my cherrim.. I one shot it with Dozing scales.. There isn't anything he can do after that and we go to second game which was pretty much the same thing.. (sorry don't remember much of this game either =/)

God that was long.. anyways
Props
Me winning with Simple Jack!
Both of those games with Jeff and Carrie
Kev scooping to me
the "jamming" beats of the 60's they were playing at Carl's Jr haha
Hooters afterwards ;)
Jared being potentially banned =)
Top 4 being Torterra, Simple Jack!,Fly/Champ and LuxChomp

Slops
The whole fight thing between Josh and Jared =/
We being at a library (not a smart decision there =/)
me not eating anything till after round 5 =/
being really tired
the game with Ryan
Me missing the Cherrim FTL

Lol hey luck it part of the game u won that one fair and square GG and awesome job winning it all!!!

Back