Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st Place At Kissimmee FL With Vilegar

goldberg123

Nothin much happened before the torny so ill just get to the point. lol

This was in Kissimmee Fl
6 Rounds, Top 8

1st Round. ME(vilegar) her(tyranitar)

She goes first and just ends her turn without playing any kind energy. i go and i had an amazing hand to go 2nd with. my first turn i had out gengar SF, vileplume, and almost a 2nd gengar set up already. a great hand to go up against 1 of my worst match ups. but the game takes a while and it goes into time when i had 1 prize left and she stii had 4 prizes left
1-0

2nd Round. Me(vilegar) Him(gyrados)

I win the die roll and i opened up with spiritomb active and gastley and oddish benched. i put a psychic energy on gastley and then use spiritomb to get haunter. he does collector and gets 2 magikarp and regice. he plays regice and discards 1 magicarp and i trainer. he had 6 trainers in hand. so i go and i use bebe search to get gengar prime. evolve haunter then put an energy on spiritomb to retreat for gengar and i did hurl into darkness and got a magikarp in the lost zone. after a few turns he decided to scoop knowing he can only do 6 a turn.
2-0

3rd Round. Me(vilegar) Him(gyrados)

I win the die roll with spiritomb active but no other pokemon on my bench so im gettin kinda scared o what he will do and he sets up nicely but no way to donk me. i get set up the way vilegar is supposed to and he knocks out my gengar and i flipped heads knocking him out as well so his rescue energy didnt work. so i won
3-0

4th Round. Me(vilegar) Him(luxchomp)

i had a terrible start so i know i had to get out mewtwo by turn 2 or 3 or i would lose the game. i bebe search mewtwo and have him on bench and his next turn he did crobat 3 times on mewtwo then brought out luxray x to knock it out. i cant do anything after tht so he wins.
3-1

5th Round. Me(vilegar) Him(luxchomp)

well this guy was 4-0 so i knew if i at least win this match my tie breakers should be good enough to make it into top 8. this was an amazing match. i go first and get spiritomb set up fast and he gets set up with his field as well. but right when i play vileplume, he had to do something to my vileplume to do everything he needed but he couldnt. he still gets a few prizes but i still have control ovr the game so i win.
4-1

6th Round. Me(vilegar) Him(vilegar)

I have never played against a mirror before so it was kinda scary playing mirror but i learned tht i now dont go play vileplume against mirror. but this time it came in handy because he had 2 rare candy in hand so they were stuck there. it was getting really close i had 1 prize left and he had 2 prizes left. he could have gotten 1 more prize off of me but he knew next turn i would just knock out his other gengar on bench with shadowroom. so i win
5-1

so now its top 8 and I'm up against a kingdra bilssey deck

Top 8
Me(vilegar) Her(kingdra blissey)

Game 1. it was a good match but i kept doing seeker everytime she got close to killing me gengar.

Game 2. my hand was really terrible and she went first. i draw my card and it was collector. tht changed everything and i wind up getting the win because she didnt see a kingdra until i got like 4 prizes

Top 4

Me(vilegar) Him(luxchomp) the guy i lost to in swiss

Game 1. he gets down to 1 prize left and i have 5 prizes left. i had out mewtwo x and thts all i kept on the field and he had no counter to mewtwo so i win,

Game 2. i make sure early game i get mewtwo and i do by turn 3. he scoops when all i keep on he field is mewtwo x.

Top 2
Me(vilegar) Zach Slator(luxchomp)

Game 1. Again all i need is mewtwo and i get him and win.

Game 2. i get out the first form of mewtwo and he almost knocks it out so im like yes i got this. next turn i bebe search and i have mewtwo x in prizes so i look for azelf. and guess what. azelf is prized to so i was about to scoop. but i somehow came back from everything and won from my 4 prizes to his 1.

Pros
winning the whloe thing
my brother going 4-2 with the dumbest mew prime deck i have evr seen.(he only had 1 mew prime)
most of the people there were really nice
awesome trading

Cons
pulling only magnezone prime out of 18 packs
my friend tht drove did bad
had to rip myself off to get the rest of the mew stuff i needed to ocmplete the deck

Last edited:
Major props to the judges that helped Thomas build his deck last minute!
Crazy Carl wins though...man just awesome, wear that medal proud(at school too!)

lol i really dont remember anybodys name. i know the 3rd game i played was brad. idk his last name

Yeah, that was Brad Crucio. Lol, I didn't even go to that Cities and I know more names. XD. He actually won the cities before that one using the same list. Do you have any idea how Seniors was?

mama luigi - lol i fixed the changes. i dont see what word tht could have been though

flyinghigh - is this justin. and thanx

peddles - lol ya tht deck he had was so dumb and random and almost made top cut. now just imagine when its fully built. lol

doomscizor - lol ya i just recently got back into the game so idk a lot of people there. and i really dont know who or what won for seniors. i know it was only to top 2 for them so idk

Great job Carl!!!! Half way reading this i realized who it was. Hometeam represent!!!!

and i cant belive you beat brad. kid is pretty good

Love Ryan

P.S. wasnt i right about mewtwo?

supertrunks - lol thanx man. ya i heard a lot of people there talking about brad then i look at the pairings and i had to play him. i was like oo crap here we go. and i wound up getting the game.. and yes u were right about mewtwo. i dont think im taking him ot until SPs rotate out. lol

Yeah, that was Brad Crucio. Lol, I didn't even go to that Cities and I know more names. XD. He actually won the cities before that one using the same list. Do you have any idea how Seniors was?

Seniors was won by Andres ( my son ) with Vilegar also actually ..

Juniors was won by Juan Pablo ( my son also ) with T-Tar .

I made top-8 and lost to Jose .. would have been cool to win :) ..

Congrats to Carl and another couple to Vilegar ! ( on Sunday at another South Florida Cities Kevin took it with Vilegar as well .. so winning numbers are piling up for our purple ghost ) .

Back