Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st Place Battle Roads Report!!! ~ An Unerestimated Victoory!!!

Rikko145

Okay, so going into this tournament, everybody expected me to be unsuccesful, and said my deck would fail. I mean, literally, everybody. But just becuase I like the deck, which is a Darkrai Lv.X deck, by the way, and because it is human nature to go against the community flow, I ran it anyways. But hey, you came to this thread looking for my 1st place report, right? Well, here it is!

Round #1 ~ VS. Sam H. with Tangrowth Heal

This round was a fairly easy win. I start with Darkrai and get Darkrai Lv.X rolling T2 with a Claydol and Togekiss both set into motion. He makes some attempts to slow me down, but to no prevail. I stop him from setting up his Tangrowth Lv.X by only one turn. I take his active pokemon down one by one, and end up winning taking all 6 of my prizes to his 0.

1~0

Round #2 ~ VS. Will K. with Leafeon Lv.X

He gets to start with a Treeko, which isn't bad, and I start with an Azelf. I use Roseanne's Research to get a Darkrai and a Togepi. I use Rare Candy to evolve to Togekiss which I had just searched out with Luxury Ball. Luckily, I pull out 4 energy, which was exactly what I needed. One goes to Azelf for his retreat cost and the other three go to Darkrai. The only thing I can do this turn is use Dark Resolve for 40, and luckily, he stays asleep. He continues to send up pokemon to attempt to stall me long enough to get set up, but I tear through everything he has. Eventually, he does get a Lefeon Lv.X set up with 3 {G} Energy on it, and hits for 80, since it's belted. Next turn, my Darkrai Lv.X get's belted, and another energy attached, to bring Lefeon Lv.X into OHKO range. However, I decided to drop my other Darkrai onto the bench to put him asleep, so that I could heal 40 while I knocked it out. Next turn, I SSU it up to do it again to be healed fully. He can't get anything else set up, and I finish him off.

2~0

Round #3 ~ VS. ??? with RegiTwo (Regigigas/Mewtwo)

To start off with, I have a Darkrai out and a Togepi and a Darkrai G on the bench. He mulligans twice before finally getting two basics. He starts with Regigigas active and a Nidoran (F) on the bench. I attach and attack for 10. He attaches an energy, Bebe's for Regigigas Lv.X, and ends. I Draw, Rare Candy to Togekiss, Serene Grace for 4 energies, attach them and one from my hand to Darkrai, Bebe's Search for Darkrai Lv.X, level up, and KO that Regigigas. He sends up Nidoran (F) and ends. I SSU my Togekiss, Rare Candy up a new one to get more energy, then Luxury Ball for a Togetic, play Broken Time-Space, and Serene Grace... Again. I then promptly slam that 60HP Nidoran (F) for about 160 damage. Somehow, I managed to donk! Sorry, man, but good game!

3~0

Round #4 ~ VS. Jacob K. (konter_j8902, a.k.a. grassmaster239) with Charizard

This round, I felt like losing. Don't ask me why, but I did. I could have pretty easily won the game, but instead I just sent up things, attached tons of energies to my Claydol, then Lucian's Assingnment to move them all to my lonely Murkrow, which quickly committed suicide. Amusing, yes! Heck, why not? This, by far, was not the last he would see of me! *You'll figure out what I mean in he next few rounds.*

At this point, it is declared that Jacob K. and I will be facing off in Top Cut, and are the only two in our age division that even made top cut. We were in for an interesting couple of games, let me tell ya'. (Although, I was pretty insulted that when I sat down at the table, I was greeted with "Hail Hitler!").

Game #1

I start with Azelf, and he starts with 2 Charmanders, a Cydaquil, and a Shiny Vulpix. I get rolling at a medium-slow rate of speed, and notice he, too, is having trouble. Normally, he would set up back-up attackers, but this time he only set up a single Charizard active. Why? Well, I found out it was because nearly everything he needed he either couldn't draw into with Roast Reveal or was prized. I Darkrai Lv.X out and am prepared to 2HKO his Belted Charizard, when, to my satisfaction, he flipped double tails for Endless Darkness, which is an automatic KO. He can't get anything going, and scoops to save time when we are 2-5, my favor.

Game #2

This time, I get a much better start. I got an early prize jump, unlike last time, where he took the first prize (and I took the rest, lol). The game quickly progresses, and soon we're down to 3-2, his favor. I have a Darkrai Lv.X out and a Snowpoint Temple in play. I decide not to belt him, since that would mean I would lose if he was KO'd. I believe he made an error after adding up how much damage was on him, because his belted Charizard was already in 2HKO range, and he could have KO'd my Darkrai Lv.X if he had use Afterburner to attach an energy and put a damage counter on him. Instead, he hoped I couldn't 2HKO him (which, lol, I already could), and that he could 2HKO me first. Instead, I KO his Charizard (with Dark Resolve, so that I heal myself), and Belt my Darkrai Lv.X. Now, I am down to the last prize. He sends up a Charmeleon and evolves to a Charizard, then puts an Expert Belt on it. He hits me for 80 damage, just 20 below the KO range, since I already had 40 on my Darkrai Lv.X. I use my last resort: Pokemon Reversal. It was the last one in my deck, so even if it failed, I couldn't fish another out with my two benched Claydols. He had benched a Charmander so that his attacks could do more damage, so it was a prime target. I lay down Pokemon Reversal, and I watch his jaw drop. I pick up our randomizer die and toss it onto the table. It seemed like it spun there for an eternity, before going lower, and lower, and lower, and finally..... HEADS!!!! I nearly shout, "Charmander!" (a little louder than I meant to) as I show him which benched Pokemon I wanted to bring up, although it was obvious. I sigh my relief as I say, "Endless Darkness for the good game." It was a really great game, and I hope to have many more! Good try, Jacob! Better luck next time!

Thanks for reading my Battle Roads report, and I hope you liked this twisting and turning journey! I also hope that you can have many adventures as well! See you at Nationals!

Back