Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st Place GA Seniors States Report with a Rogue Deck!

dragonfire

So, i am from FL, i did not know that i was going to GA states until that week, so it was a semi-surprise!

I was going with Alex Degiacomo, who ended up winning masters!

So it the tournament was on 3/10/12, we started going up on 3/9.

3/9/12:

Basically, I am walking home, I get around 30 feet away from Alex and I drop my iPhone, and it cracks, my luck xD.
So eventually we left around 3:30!
But the trolling started happening. We got caught in rain and traffic for around 2 hours which put us back when we are already behind!
When we get there Alex, Lorenzo, and Destiny {his kids} fill out theyre decklists, while im too tired so i just stay in bed lol.

3/10/12:
OK so the day has come...
At the beginning of the day i was walking around with my deck, trying to see what the metagame was like around here.
I see LOTS of CMT and LOTS of Eels, no surprise!
I am running a Non-Meta deck: VVV with a Shaymin EX Tech, so it is very risky, but i logged 100's of games with it, so it felt very comfortable.

Report:

Round 1 - against Leanord R with Magnezone/ Zekrom EX/ Shaymin EX/ Regigigas EX
I open pretty bad. :[ He is a fairly new player who forgot to draw and forgot to self generate his pachi! :O
But basically i get the Vileplume and Freeze myself to Victory!

1-0

Round 2 - against Christina P with The Truth/Cobalion
I open alright T1 Pichu, but i knew i was in trouble! She opens Cobalion, I over flow the field at the beginning, but she eventually gets out Bellossom and just heals herself into victory - i lost by time and prize count :eek:

1-1

Round 3 - against Ian with CMT
I open hot with a T1 Pichu, i thought i would get donked but i stay alive! and playground, he gets the ko and i twins and freeze myself to a nice cold creamy victory!!

2-1

Round 4 - against Richard with CMT
I open Shaymin EX, he opens Celebi and Tornadus! D:, I do get the T2 Plume which won me the game eventually, i get a collector right as he ko's my shaymin and twins to victory!

3-1

Round 5 - against Mitchell with TyRam
I knew this was a near auto-win. I open Pichu, just get t2 plume t3 vanilluxe and win! :D

4-1

At this point i was a nervous wreck! I was not sure whether i would whiff or make it. So i heard some good news and checked out the t4 and i made it in the 4th seed! This is how it looked like.

1. Justin W
2. Lorenzo D
3. Cote S
4. Me

T4 - Justin W with CMT

Game 1:
I felt bad for him t2 vanilluxe and vileplume i 6-0'd him with VVV
completely amazing for a trainer lock deck.

1-0

Game 2:
We exchanged on prizes for a while i whiffed 4 tails a lot in this game but, in the end i used shaymin for game!

2-0

5-1

I move on to t2 at the moment i was scared because cote and lorenzo are both Amazing Players and great friends of mine, so i knew this would be difficult

I learn Lorenzo won so im in t2 with my ride basically lol

T2 - Lorenzo with {a deck}

Game 1:
I open average, start oddish, he mulliganed me into a Pichu, he ko's pichu which lets me get the t3 plume and i just win using double freeze.

1-0

Game 2:
I open Victini, I thought he was going to donk me, i was SCARED! D:
But he doesnt, i top deck a collector attach retreat playground, he ko;s pichu and i do whiff 2 times, but in the end i shaymin-ed for game!!

2-0

6-1

In the end I won my first tournament! It was bittersweet having to face a friend in the end, but it did feel nice to finally win a tournament!

I hope you enjoyed my Report!

Last edited:
Surprised you pulled this out, BUT GOOD FREAKEN JOB. Glad to see someone new win and with an underused deck =o

Back