Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st Place MAs Aussie Nationals

pikachu*

Since I know most people don't care about what happened before the event, I will just get straight to the point.

Saturday morning. Nationals, game on. I was using Gallade 4/Luxray GL by the way.

Travis w/Heatran/Infernape.
We didn't have a very long game since i donked him both times. I am sorry, i hate winning games like that.

1-0 Sorry, I donked you. =(

Jared w/Dusknoir/Gliscor
I don't know how we got paired against each other so early on in the weekend. Oh well. I started with a fairly shocking hand, I used mimic and went to town, got a deafen lock. The game was extremely close. I came down to whether or not I was able get the energy for Luxray to kill the dusknoir. Luckily I was able to pull it after 2 mimics. He said after the game that had I not of deafened he would have had like 2 dusknoirs (one of each) and a bunch of other stuff. Either way, had I of not used deafen I would have lost.

2-0 Man, that was the best game I have played in a long time.

Josh w/Gengar
GINNOOOOOOOOOOOO?!?!?!?!?! Gengar is a reasonably bad matchup for my deck. I think the reason why I beat him was because of the fact that he only run 1 warp point, which he used early. Josh used 4 SSU though. He quickly went through them and then I stuck his claydol and did I bit of spreading with Gallade.

3-0 Good try man.

Harry w/Tyranitar
Harry was a really cool guy. Before the game we had a few laughs and it was quite enjoyable. The first game I was able to get the early donk. The second game on the other hand was great. We played the game out till close on time, with me just getting the win by the skin of my teeth.

4-0 Intense games!

The next game was against Daniel, I knew what deck he was playing, but he didn't know mine. I decided I would tell him so then we have a fair and fun match. We both knew even if we lost we would be in the cut.

Daniel w/Gliscor/Mime

Daniel started with a fairly good start, he got a t2 dol and t2 gliscor. He prized his other gliscor, so the entire match all I needed to play against was the single gliscor. Meanwhile on my side, I got a t2 double gallade spread and I luxray'd out either his dol or gliscor and ko'd it. After a fairly drawn out game, I think Daniel got 4 prizes, I took my last one and went to the next game. The game started pretty much the same way as the last, he got a t2 dol and gliscor, I got a t2 double gallade and luxray, The game was intense, we both got down to 3 prizes a piece and time was called in my turn. I took my 4th prize and it was over.

5-0 Great games Daniel!

So top 8 was announced
1st Me
2nd Daniel
3rd Jared
4th Harry
5th Marcus
6th Alan G
7th Joey
8th Peter
and the after party began, we were playing soccer with the pokeball for a while till it was time to go. We got back to Steve's place and pretty much just crashed. It had been a long day.

Jared, Alan, Jason, Steve and I woke up early to go and catch the bus. We got organized and ran to the bus stop to catch the bus. When we got to the 'Pier, Peter's cousin and Mum came up to us and said "there was some problem with people that had dropped or something and caused the cut to revert back to the Top4.

Therefore, it caused me to play against Harry, again. The top4 for masters had a good laugh before the event started. A few wagers were called and the top4 began.

Harry w/ Tyranitar

He started the game with a what seemed like a god hand, he got 4 drawers out turn one, and I was extremely worried. He had the lead on me pretty much the whole game. I had to get Dialga Lv.X out to make some sort of comeback. I warped it back to the bench and the comeback began, I luxray'd out his Tyranitar with all the energies attached to it and ohko'd it. The game went down to the wire and I narrowly pulled out the win. Next game, he got a fairly good start to my reasonable one. He had double drawer, and I thought the same thing was going to happen again, luckily it didn't. I got out a turn2 claydol and started to set up. I did't get the draws I needed and ended, Harry got a large prize lead, so I did what I could luxray out a t-tar with no energies on it and use lock up for a bunch of turns to try and set up some pokemon. Time was called with Harry leading so he got the win for that game. The game went to Sudden death, which I knew I had a large advantage in thanks to Luxray. The game started, I started with Luxray, and called out a baltoy and gallade. He got a fairly average start and the game was over the next turn.

6-0, Harry, those were AMAZING games.

After the game I finished watching the game between Jared and Daniel, they were in sudden death too! Jared got a turn 2 Dusknoir and used supreme command, Daniel had a Gliscor with two energy attached. Jared ended his turn and Daniel dropped a pluspower, gliscor lv.x and pestered for the game.

Daniel and I agreed on a 30 minute break to make sure our heads were in the game to make sure it was memorable.

Daniel w/ Gliscor

Daniel started with a very average start in this game, I took out his claydol early then his gliscor. He was struggling after this and he decided to scoop to save time for game 2. Game 2 started with me having trouble to get anything. I got a turn 2 dol, but my cosmic powers didn't get me anything useful, the game went to 2 prizes a piece, the poketurn in my prizes would have won me the game. oh well. Daniel makes it 2-1 in his favour and then time is called in my turn, I ko his mime, then he night slashes my gallade for the game. Sudden death... again, so we set up lay a prize and get our hands. Guess what, we both start with uxies... I go first >_>' So I draw into a luxray, play it down and psychic restore for 40, I didn't put it back in my deck, as soon as his turn started I was thinking 'I think I have just blown the game' he drops a pluspower, skuntank and stadium, he miscalculates this damage, and after what felt like a eternity (not saying he is stalling lol), he declares psychic restore for 50 and then 60 inbetween turns, I draw, do some stuff, and psychic restore for 20 and put the uxie on the bottom. His turn, he can't lay the 80 to ko my luxray. I draw, attach sp energy, gain and premier ball out luxray lv.x, bright look his skuntank and then use flash impact for the game!

7-0 wow, just wow, Daniel, that game was so intense. Congratulations on making it so far, especially on your first year. You are going to go very far in this game.

So, I did it. I won the national championships for the 3rd time. After starting this week thinking, yeah, I am going to go 3-2 at best, I went 7-0. Thank you guys for making the event very enjoyable. So I will leave you guys with props and slops.

Props
Steve + Family, for letting us stay at your house.
Jared and Alan for forcing me to play.
Sean for being pro.
Aaron for being pro.
Andrew for being Andwho.
Everyone for being cool and showed great SOTG.
Cameron, for being a great Judge.
WAGER CALL!
Alan, for being absolutely, positively awesome!
Jared for coming 3rd.
Shaun winning.
I'm on a pier!

Slops
Problem with the top cut.
The flu

Thank you guys, I hope to see you guys next year!

sam aussie national champion ilu!!!!!!1!!11!11!1111!11one!11 =D

Yay teh Sam made a report and I'm 1st. =D

Those look like really hard-fought games man, good luck for winning. And the sudden deaths, I bet they were heart-pumping. Good job and I'll see you at Worlds!

Thanks for the report. Saw the pix on Facebook. Seemed like a great event! Congratulations & (hope to be there to) see you at Worlds.

I'm on a pier
I'm on a pier
everybody look at me, cuz i'm sailing on a pier
lol nice sam
we'll meet at worlds again =]

come escape into our room when you feel like it =]

Back