Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st place masters Corvallis OR sprind battle roads (decklist included)

Masters 1st place

Decklist
4 sableye
4 darkness energy
52 other

Round 1
Donk
1-0

Round 2
Donk
2-0

Round 3
Didn't donk
2-1

Round 4
Donk
3-1

Round 5
Donk
4-1

Top4
Donk
Donk 2-0

Top 2
Donk
Donk

(My finals opponent didn't get to draw a card)

Props:
Donk

Slops:
Donk

Pokemon format is terrible, get it yet?

More like you're full of it or your opponents don't run any Pokemon with basics higher than 60 HP.

Way to spam the forum there, champ.

You mad bro? I donked zekroms too, results show

It's not so much that I think. It's just that... there really seemed to be a collective groan/agreement on the part of we players, that the format was bad. Sableye/Uxie/Crobat G + Black and White rules was awful.

So, while the community looked down their collective nose at Sabledonk, it was played anyway... on the whole, by those who wanted to prove that the format was bad.

What irked folks in my neck of the woods, was that the point was made. I mean, regardless of why P!P announced the HG/SS format change, we got our wish. So to continue to play Sabledonk -after the announcement- seems, for lack of a better phrase, mean spirited.

It's not so much that I think. It's just that... there really seemed to be a collective groan/agreement on the part of we players, that the format was bad. Sableye/Uxie/Crobat G + Black and White rules was awful.

So, while the community looked down their collective nose at Sabledonk, it was played anyway... on the whole, by those who wanted to prove that the format was bad.

What irked folks in my neck of the woods, was that the point was made. I mean, regardless of why P!P announced the HG/SS format change, we got our wish. So to continue to play Sabledonk -after the announcement- seems, for lack of a better phrase, mean spirited.

Mean spirited? No. If I have the option of playing a broken deck like sableye donk, even though I realize the format will change, I will most definitely play and try to win to the best of my ability at the time being. I can't expect everyone else to just decide to not be "mean spirited" and choose to sway away from sableye. In fact well over half the games I played were against other sableye decks. Saying that trying to do my best is "mean spirited" doesn't exactly seem fair.

So to continue to play Sabledonk -after the announcement- seems, for lack of a better phrase, mean spirited.

Simple anyalysis:

If it's legal, you can play it.

Looking down at someone for playing something legal is what is mean spirited, whether it's a fun deck that isn't meant
to win, or a mainstream deck that's been played for a long time. The only mean spirited thing I see here is that there
are those who would judge a person for what they play.

These last two weekends, I didn't play for HS-on, I didn't play to test, I'm not even sure I played to win. I played AMU
last weekend (And top cutted with it once) because it was the first deck that I won a tournament with. It had sentamental
value to me, so I played it. I played Luxchomp this weekend because I won Regionals with it, and played it for over a year,
and for both these decks it was going to be my last chance.

Was that mean spirited because they weren't going to be legal after this weekend? Was my motivation mean sprited? More
to the point; There are no cheap shots in deck building as long as you build decks within the rules. I find your claim rediculous.

Side note:

And to settle those who have a problem with this thread, or the other one, I was there, he really won two battle roads
this weekend. Are the reports great? Of course not. He's not trying to write out a detailed tournament report depicting
how he chased down his friend while squeeking a toy pikachu while we were trying to watch the senior finals (true
story), but trying to express an opinion that this format wasn't what he appricated in a game he plays. Making that claim is
his right, and those who wish to break this rule:

9. that your or someone else's opinion or group isn't welcome

should think twice before posting about him not being allowed to post that opinion. Thank you.

-Jason
:)dark::colorless:20)

I apologize. My 'mean spirited' remark was... mean spirited.

But with respect Clint, your report is not about being a competitive player. The voice of your two Battle Roads reports reads like someone with an axe to grind. They're glib, with no prologue describing your deck choice, what's going on in your meta, or how many points you need to gain to get a worlds invitation. You're just not representing yourself that way. You only provided that insight as an epilogue after I spoke up.

Further, it's stated right in your post, and then repeated Jason, with finer detail in your post. It reads like that late '80's fried-egg-drug commercial:

'Here's your brain, here's your brain on drugs, any questions?'

The whole post is geared toward proving a point: 'I have one particular card in my deck. We're playing with black and white rules. Pokemon format is terrible, get it?' He provides proof when he states that his finals opponent, in two games, didn't get to draw a card. That sentence alone is an emphatic statement on how bad the format is/was.

You didn't play the deck for sentimental reasons like Jason did, but rather to win in a certain way, to make your point.

So to go on making this point, tournament after tournament especially after the rotation was announced seems well... mean spirited? I don't know what the phrase is. An opportunity lost? One could say that about the whole Spring Battle Roads.

You made your point. The format was bad. Why kick a dead horse?

Last edited:
Back