Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st Place Report for the 2nd Annual Gencon Championship!!

TheDarkTwins

I went to Gencon after Worlds and I have gotten not much sleep. So, if I forget things, it is because the tourney happend on sat and today is sunday and I am tired. I decided to play R-Gon same list as Grinder/Worlds after talking it over with Chris Fulop (Yes, he was here) even tho I thought of using Speed Empoleon. (Which suprised me as I won a side event by going 4-0 with it. If you want to see the list of my R-Gon check out my worlds report.

Round 1 - Seth - Torterra

I get a fast flygon and use Mew d to bench him when he only had Torterra in play.

Win

1-0

Round 2 - ???? - Mirror

I use a key stump to throw my Ray Ex d and another pokemon near ko to the discard to take control of the game.

Win

2-0

Round 3 - Andrew - Mario

Really Fast Flygon Ex does him in as his lack of getting what he need doesnt help him.

Win

3-0

Round 4 - David B. - Flygon Ex/Altaria Ex/Fearow

We both get a decent start but I make about a dozen mistakes and his 3rd Flygon ex d takes it home for him.

Loss

3-1

Round 5 - Penny - Mightyena Ex/Delcatty Ex/Crawdaunt Ex/Mew Ex

I get an awful start and it doesnt get better when I flip 0/5 for her speed staduim. I am finally able to draw into the cards I need to start taking prizes. I ko 3 of her Ex's FTW

Win

4-1

3rd Seed going into T8

T8 - Andrew - Mario

G1 - Quick Flygon Ex does him in really quickly

G2 - Same as above. The 2 games last about 10 min total.

Win

5-1 (6-1)

T4 - Tim S. - Banette Ex w/ lunarock

G1 - I dont remember much but I know I got both Ray Ex d in play and took a few prizes after he took the first 3 as I need time to setup. I remember than I ko his shuppet on his bench with 2 nrgy with ray ex d and he conceeds as his only pokemon is now Bane CG

G2 - Same as g1 except I get a better start and his is not as good. I end up using Mew* to win this as I have 7 supporters in my discard to his 4.

Win

6-1 (8-1)

T2 - Kim A. (Kemony) - Metanite w/ Sceptile Ex

G1 - I use Ray Ex d x2, Mew d x 2 to swarm her. We are tied (I just tied it up). She sends out castform to delta draw. I use my active trapinch to big bite since my hand was eh and she had a briney and a switch in the discard and I didnt think she had another card to move castform out. She draws her card and then conceeds G1.

G2 - I do the exacty same thing except I use Mew* to hit her Ray Ex d (when I was up with 4 prizes left to her 5). She proceeds to ko my mew*. I dont remember what happened next other than she delta drew. I then used my eggs to hit her castform and ray ex d. She sends up sceptile ex and koes my eggs. I then play down Ray ex d and use Mew d to ohko her Sceppy. Next turn I hit her Ray Ex with Ray Ex for my last price FTW.

Win

7-1 (10-1)

I end up getting a Black DS Lite, both Diamond and Pearl for the DS, a box of DP1 and some other random things.

Props -

Fulop for telling me to go with what I know best. :thumb:
Ryan P. for holding such an awesome event

Slops -

None that I can think of at the moment

Thanks for reading,
Drew

Nice job Drew. You were clearly the best player there. I'm glad you didn't go undefeated though ;)

Oh, and you didn't get your foot stomped this year. Congrats!!

KazamBolt - Yeh, that is what I thought also. :thumb:

PokePop - Yep, thanks man!!

Chris - Yep, I am!! :tongue:

Mewchou - I dont care that I didnt go undefeated. Winning the DS Lite was the goal, not going 8-0. Foot Stomped?? I dont remember that??

Heatherdu - Thanks!!

mumsascrappa - Yeh, I thought so. Thanks!!

Thnaks All,
Drew

I've got a slop on this one.....saying ahead of time that no one should bother to play because you were going to win. Not very good SOTG in my opinion. Granted you earned the win, saying you were beforehand was really uncool.

I've got a slop on this one.....saying ahead of time that no one should bother to play because you were going to win. Not very good SOTG in my opinion. Granted you earned the win, saying you were beforehand was really uncool.

I said I was gonna win. Yes, there is no reason for me to think I shouldnt. I had confidence in myself. However, I never discouraged anyone not to play. If I felt you feel that way, I didnt mean too. However, most of it was me just messing around. You also have to remember I was really really tired as I was still on HI time durinig most of Gencon. I really dont think that what your saying is true. I would never ever want to discourage anyone from enter a tournement. I feel the more the better. I love this game and I wouldnt do anything to make someone else not enjoy it also.
Drew

Not really. It just build a players confidence. Id like to think in a tournament I could outplay everyone. Shoot compare this situation to football or even boxing. Confidence=Winning

Back