Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

1st place report Sherwood, AR with list

amphachu

Alright, so most of my friends live in Oklahoma, and decided to go to Ada. I decided to drive down to Sherwood since it was closer. I ended up driving 3 hours by myself to make it down there. Thank you dubstep for keeping me going strong through the drive!

Im playing Reshiphlosion again.

Round 1 Vs. Logan S. W/Mewbox
He starts with a Mew and a Mr. Mime. He gets out a Relicanth and starts drawing a bunch of cards. He isnt to get out Vileplume until like T3 or 4, and by then I already have out 2 Typhlosions with a bunch of energy on the field. I ended up winning with him only taking 1 prize.

1-0

Round 2 Vs. Mark O. W/Samurott
I realize that I'm playing Mark, so we know we're going to have a chill game. He starts with the final Gambit Basculin, and gets a ko on a Cyndaquil. I draw attach and evolve my other Cyndaquil to a Quilava, He evolves a benched Oshawott to a Dewott, and flips double tails on Final Gambit. I get out Typhlosion next turn, and Blue Flare his lone Dewott for game. I really dodged a bullet here.

2-0

Round 3 Vs. Adam B. W/ZPST
Adam is a pretty cool guy, and has been doing pretty well so far this season, and he just won over in Hot Springs a few weeks ago by beating me in top 4, so I needed some revenge lol. This is a pretty good gam. We go back and forth on prizes, but I was able to come out ahead in the end.

3-0

Round 4 Vs. Josh S. W/Ross.dec
I go first, and explode on him T2, and deny his set up with catchers and Blue Flares.

4-0

Round 5 Vs. Mike G. W/ZPST
Pretty much I can't do anything this game. I got my first Typhlosion out on the last turn of the game...

4-1

Top 4 is announced, and here are the standings:

1st Mike G. W/ZPST
2nd Kevin M.(me) W/Reshiphlosion
3rd Adam B. W/ZPST
4th Peter W/ZPST

Look at that there variety. Reshiphlosion has won every even so far in Arkansas though, so I'm feeling pretty good.

Top 4 Vs. Adam B. W/ZPST
Pretty much games 1 and 2 were the same exact thing. He wasn't able to do much, and I jumped on any misplay that he made. Sorry you weren't able to do much man.

5-1

Top 2 Vs. Peter W/ZPST
Game 1- He takes a huge lead, and takes 4 prizes to my 1, and I think he might have gotten to overconfident in his lead, and ended up running out of steam. I was able to take my last 5 prizes in the next 5 turns.

So, as soon as we finish game 1, we were told that we had 15 minutes to get out of the store because they were closing. Everyone was kind of frustrated, but we went ahead and all drove to the Wendy's down the street to finish up our games.

Game 2- I really can't get anything done this game. I get steam rolled.

Game 3- He gets a mediocre start to my pretty solid start. He ended up making 2 huge misplays back to back which sealed the game for me.

6-1

Well, This is the end of Battle Roads, and of the 5 I went to, I made top cut 4 times with 2 1st places, a 2nd, and a 4th place finish. Not to bad to start off the new season, and Im looking forward to the rest of the season.

The list is the same thing Ive used at every tournament, and It's posted in my Bentonville report, but I figured I should just re-post it so you guys dont have to go searching for it if you want to see it.

Pokemon:
4 Reshiram
4-2-4 Typhlosion
1 Cleffa

T/S/S:
4 Collector
4 Communication
4 PONT
4 Sage's
4 Rare Candy
4 Junk Arm
3 Plus Power
2 Catcher
2 Juniper
2 Revive
1 Switch

Energy:
11 Fire

Great job at another good run. Only thing I have to disagree with you on is, yes top cut lacked variety, but the tournament as a whole had loads of different decks. There were Sygiliph/Darkrai&Creselia/Espeon, MagneBoar, ReshiPhlosion, Z/P/S/T, DonChamp, Samurott, Stage 1 Rush (like 3-5 different varieations), Ross (the Truth), DonphanDragons, and MewBox I'm sure there were more, but I can't think of any. My point being don't be hatin' 'cause the best 2 decks (or at least the decks that got the most luck, and were played the best) made top cut and random rogues (I would have loved if they had) didn't.

As always, I had fun playing you and look forward to the next time we get to play.

-Mike

Back