Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2 CCs - 1st and Top 4 with Chandelure (Seniors)

KAZUTO!!!

All right so I wasn't planning on going to Washington this Saturday because I thought I had a soccer game. Turns out, it's one of those rare games in a year on Friday night, not Saturday! So I ended up going.

I play Chandelure. Unfortunately, I have no Promo Litwicks, so I borrow one from my friend Kabir and manage to get 2 off Kenny. So I only get 3 Promo Litwicks. I also borrow an English Tropical Beach from someone because I can't use Kabir's French one in Amurica!

24 Seniors, 5 Rounds Top 4. Whooo! Bad news? 45 minute Top Cuts... uh oh...

Round 1 vs. ???? w/ Magnezone/Eel

He starts all right, and so do I. He does not put Energy on his Zekroms however, and I manage to Luring Light to stall him out while adding Damage Counters on his ZOnes. He misses Energy drops for a while and I spread too much, eventually killing both his Zones and he can't really do too much after that to me. I win. GG.

1-0

I find out Ian is playing Ross with Steelix, which sounds really cool lol. I still don't know what Joey is playing. Kabir is playing Tornadus/Terrakion, and Liam is using ZPST.

Round 2 vs. Tyler O. w/ Vanilluxe

This game messed me up lol. I start well BUT because I see he's playing Vanilluxe, I don't grab Oddish with Collector - no need to Trainer lock against a Trainer lock deck. However! On Turn 2, he proceeds to... Catcher. What... okay. Well a couple turns later I grab Oddish, set up a Plume, and his Trainers do not bother me anymore. This matchup is easy, because even when Paralyzed I can still kill his Pokemon with Cursed Shadow, and Fliptini is easily in range of 2 Cursed Shadows, and that prevents him from reflipping, so he has 25% of failure rather than like 8%. It's even easier because of my Cobalion tech lol. I set up, I win. GG.

2-0

Kabir got donked by Liam so he is now 1-1. Ian and Liam are 2-0, and Joey is 1-1. I still don't know what Joey is playing. =(

Round 3 vs. Alan N. w/ Typhlosion/Reshiram/Cobalion

I get a slow start, and he gets 3 Typhlosions before I get up Trainer lock. Not good. I manage to Luring Light stall him though, and luckily FOUR of his Energy are Prized so eventually he runs out of Energy. =D I end up spreading with Chandelure and killing all 3 Typhlosions through Cursed Shadow/Eerie Glow, so he's left with just a single Cobalion and a Reshiram with a Rocky Helmet, he uses Cobalion, I Seeker his Reshi, Cursed Shadow twice on his Cobalion which already had 60 on it for game. GG.

3-0

Ian beat Liam, so Ian is 3-0. Joey is 2-1, Kabir is 1-2 IIRC. Joey's deck remains unknown.

Round 4 vs. Ian W. w/ Ross

This was a close game. I get a slow start, and he gets a fast one, getting Reuniclus and Plume up before I get Chandelure. I do some Luring Light stalling on Reuniclus, and eventually end up KOing it with Cursed Shadow + Lampent's Will-o-Wisp. I have a fully charged Cobalion, 2 Chandelures with no Energy and a Dodrio to his Steelix, SEL, Chansey and PLume. He uses Steelix, I lock it up with Cobalion because he can't Retreat and KO immediately with SEL. We play some games and he eventually heals his SEL and I get up 3 Prizes to his 5. Time is called, he takes one more, I Jirachi his Vileplume, he can't take 2 more Prizes to tie it up so I win. GG!

4-0

Liam is 2-2, so is Kabir I think. Joey is 3-1, and I finally learn that he's playing Magnezone/Eel! =O

Round 5 vs. Sebastian w/ Donphan/Dragons

Donphan does not like being Confused. Chandelure likes Donphan placing extra Damage on the field. Donphan doesn't even 2HKO Chandelure. CHandelure likes this matchup. <3 So yeah, I spread lots of damage and eventually win, his Earthquake and Confuse and Burn damage add up a lot here. GG.

5-0

Soo I made Top Cut, so did Ian, Sebastian, and one other person using ZPST. I'm confident in my ZPST matchup except for the fact that it's 45 minute Top Cuts. I'll try to play as fast as I can, I guess...

Top 4 vs. ????? w/ ZPST

Game 1: I set up, he only takes one or two Prizes before so. His Druddigon is annoying but not super difficult to get rid of. In this matchup, I basically just win once I get set up, and that's how it went this match. GG.

1-0

Game 2:
Much slower set up this time, because I can't draw Lampents. At one point I have around 11 Pokemon in hand, none of them Lampent. Eventually I manage to get Lampents, but I'm down 6-2. He takes one more as I take 2 more and time is called. I take 2 Prizes on Turn 0, he does 80 on Turn 1. On Turn 2 I HAVE to KO his Pachi otherwise I lose, so my only out is to hope he doesn't have an Energy. If it wasn't time I could push something else up to stall, Seeker Blissey, and then take my last two Prizes on Tornadus and Pachi, but now I'm forced to do this. So anyways he PONTs and hits the Energy to Bolt Strike for game, GG.

1-1

Game 3 (Sudden Death):
I open: Oddish, Psychic, Gloom, Seeker, Twins, Twins, Twins. Yeah I'm not winning that. He Benches me with a Turn 3 Bolt Strike. GG.

1-2

So I get Top 4, get 4 more Championship Points to get to 35. I really like Chandelure, if it wasn't for 45 minute Top Cuts I am confident I would've made Finals to play Ian, and I dunno who would've won that. Ian ended up winning though, which is good.

Props:

Cor
Kabir
Amelia
Ian
Joey
Kenny
Sebastian
Liam
Others
Chandelure
Luring Light for being amazing

Slops

45 minute Top Cuts
Only 3 Promo Litwick =(

That night Cor and I drive back to BC and get ready for the tournament in BC on Sunday. I decide to play Chandelure again, same list as Saturday.

There are only 14 Seniors this time, with 3 Rounds and a Top 2 Cut because they had to cut one Round for Masters. =/ I'm guessing there will be 2 X-0s then... =/

Round 1 vs. Francisco w/ HYDREIGON/MANDIBUZZ

Welll... guess I'm not winning this game... Ian and I were talking about how Hydreigon would completely destroy Chandelure, and how it was the definition of Auto-Loss lol. AND I go second. =/ Welll one thing I missed was that Hydreigon has 3 Retreat, so I could Luring Light Stall a lot. I only got like a T5 Vileplume, but lucky me, I guess he missed that Oddish had 40 HP so he didn't KO them when he could, so I actually managed to get Plume up. I end up up Seekering and using Jirachi to Devolve both Hydreigons FTW. GG.

1-0

Kabir is 1-0, Joey is 0-1. Both of them are using the same decks they used yesterday.

Round 2 vs. Bradley? w/ Vanilluxe/Kyurem/Kingdra

I go second and get a really slow start, he gets a good one and gets ahead 3 Prizes, but because this matchup is pretty easy for me I manage to come back. Luring Light again helps a tonn in this matchup, by stalling him with his Kyurem Active and destroying his Bench. GG.

2-0

Kabir is 2-0 as well. Other 2-0s are Jason with Electrode and someone I don't know who is using Lanturn/Eel/Zekrom.

Round 3 vs. ???? w/ Lanturn/Eel/Zekrom

I was worried going into this matchup originally, but it's nowhere near as bad as I thought. Lanturns are easily KO'd by Cursed Drops, there are lots of Luring Light targets, and it can be difficult to get so much Energy in play under Trainer lock. That's basically how this match goes and, even though I go second for the third time today, I manage to win while he has 4 Prizes left. GG.

3-0

So I made Top Cut with Kabir! Yay. Bidier says we can start Top Cut whenever we want as long as it's before 5 so we wait like 2 hours or something for MAsters to finish their Swiss. Kevin goes 5-0 in Swiss and Ricky also makes Top CUt, yay. Cor goes 3-2 with Tornadus, winning his last Round by flipping flawless Baby flips with Tyrogue 3 turns in a row or something. What a pro.

Eventually we start Top 2:

Top 2 vs. Kabir V. w/ Tornadus/Terrakion/Techs

Game 1: I go second again, but get a good set up and just keep putting on Damage. There's not really much he can do because once Chandelure gets the ideal set up it does beat his deck. He scoops after I take my 4 th Prize I think. GG.

1-0

Game 2:
I don't concentrate as much on this match and so I play worse lol. Anyways basically how this goes: I set up Dodrio without Plume, he kills it. I set up Plume, he Jirachis it, I miss the Candy for the rest of the game. I contemplate scooping after he Devolves my Plume but decide to go with it. I end up Prize racing him with a single Chandelure with 3 Energy, no Vileplume and no Dodrio. I somehow manage to win the Prize race because he didn't hit directly into my Chande, instead opting to go for easy Prizes on Oddishes and Litwicks and stuff. I'm really lucky I managed to win this, but yeah. GG Kabir.

2-0

4-0

So I won, got some Prizes, etc. Ricky ended up winning in Masters, yay. Kevin got KO'd by Durant in Top 8, and so afterwards when we played Pack Wars he would rip up the Durants he drew. =(

Props:

Cor
Kabir
Ricky
Kevin
Bidier
Gavin
Joey
Others
Chandelure
Luring Light for being amazing

Slops:

3 Rounds
Only 2 Litwick Promos

Last edited:
Heyyyy bro. Nice job at Redmond, and nice hanging wit you.

Any idea who won in the end? Last I saw it was Ian vs. ZPST kid, so an extraordinarily awkward matchup there haha...
Posted with Mobile style...

Cor - Still sorry. =( And no, that fry was not good at all. =P

Sebastian - Thanks, and you too. =) Ian ended up winning. =D

Congrats! so whats your overall preformence in cities? mines 3 first, 2 seconds and a third. Putting me at a whopping 33 cp considering my BR as well must I add I made a impressive comeback from a lousy 5 LOL

MiniWade - 3 Firsts, 1 Second, 1 Top 4 for Best Finish Limit, and one more Top 4, which is pretty good considering I didn't go to any Marathons IMO. I have one more CC on the 15th so I hope to get some more Points there. I also have 37 points total now.

Bulbasaur - Yeah because we can use French Beaches in Canada. I think Beach helps a ton, I used two both days and it really helped me a lot. I'm not sure how it would do without, I'd assume you'd need a lot more draw.

Kabir - Haha yeah, would've at least made me Bench a Litwick. Oh well, GG. =)

:confused:
I did play ZPST w/ Eel I just wrote ZedPST so that people who read this can see what its like to be Canadian and not say "Zee"

Power Spray, Eh?

Back