Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2 CCs - 1st and Top 4 with MagnezoneEel (Seniors)

KAZUTO!!!

Saturday:

All right so James and I wake up at 6 AM and drive to Washington. I am playing Magnezone/Eelectrik again, again because it's consistent. Only change I made from my list last week was -1 Catcher +1 Magneton.

18 Seniors, so 5 Rounds and Top 4. Whoo.

Round 1 vs. Liam W. with ZPST/Eel

He goes first, topdecks Pachi to donk my Pichu. GG.

0-1

Round 2 vs. Colter D. w/ ZPST

He goes first and I open lone Magnemite and I think for sure he's going to donk me. Luckily he doesn't, I get Pichu, set up, and win the trade off. There was one turn where I needed to draw an Energy, I had 2 Zone up and a Sage's in hand, burn through like 13 cards but miss the Energy so I couldn't get the KO that turn, but I still managed to win. GG.

1-1

Round 3 vs. Dimitrius w/ ZPST

He opens lone Pachi. I open Magnemite. I get T2 Lost Burn for 100 to donk him lol. GG.

2-1

Round 4 vs. Mathew D. w/ Sharpedo/Zoroark/Audino

I'm worried at the beginning, but luckily I get T2 Zone so Sharpedo doesn't really hurt me, so I just sweep for 6 Prizes. GG.

3-1

Round 5 vs. Joey G. w/ ReshiPhlosion

He gets a bad start, I 6-0 him. GG.

4-1

Yay so I made Cut! There are only 2 4-1s because Ian lost to the Vanilluxe player (who went 5-0), so Liam and I are playing in Top 4. One 3-2 will make it, and it ends up being Joey! Whoo. James went 2-3, which is pretty good considering he learned how to play a week ago.

Top 4 vs. Liam W. w/ ZPST/Eel

Game 1:
I open 2 Magnemite. He opens Zekrom. He goes first. Attach pass. I attach pass. He attaches Outrage. I attach to Bench pass. He Plus Power Outrages. I attach Thundershock tails. He Bolt Strikes FTW. GG.

0-1

Game 2:
I set up and win the Prize exchange here. I KO all his Eels as well. I think this is the game where I misplay bad at the end and forget to N him to 1 which would almost secure my win. Instead he plays a Plus Power and Junipers, if he hits another PP and Catcher he wins. I think he has 1 PP left, 1 Junk Arm, and 1 or 2 Catcher, but I might be mixing up the games. Either way he whiffs and I Lost Burn FTW. GG.

1-1

Game 3:
I believe this is really similar to Game 2, except this time he is also KOing my Eels and 2 Eels are Prized. Either way I end up setting up and winning, and I did N him to 1 at the end but it didn't make a difference lol. GG.

2-1

5-1

Top 2 vs. Joey G. w/ ReshiPhlosion

Game 1:
2 Tynamos are in my last 4 Prizes, which really hurts me, because he keeps Catchering up my one Eel. It gets down to 1-1 and he Flare Destroys, and I run out of Switches and Energy. GG.

0-1

Game 2:
Once again, he gets a bad start and I run through his Reshirams and Vulpixes and Cyndaquils with my Magnezone! GG.

1-1

Game 3:
2 Tynamos are in my last 3 Prizes again. =/ It's pretty close but I manage to pull it out in the end because Magnezones beat Reshis. GG.

2-1

6-1

So I won, got 6 more Championship Points and 18 packs. Got FA Victini and most importantly TWO CRAFTMANSHIP CONKELDURRS. I have pulled 1 Conkeldurr in my 3 and a half Boxes, making it the rarest Holo in the set for me lol. So I was pretty happy. =D

Props:

James
Amelia
Joey
Liam
Kenny
Ian
Cor
Winning
Intense Top Cut games
Opponents
Staff
Craftmanships <3

Slops:

Donksss
Tynamos being Prized

Sunday:

I play the exact same list. I hope I don't give up an early loss again today lol.

14 players, 4 rounds Top 2. Ugh why can't 2 more people play lol.

Round 1 vs. Jordan O. w/ Yanmega/Magnezone/Emboar/REshiram

We both get dead starts. I'm stuck using Tynamo against his Yanmega and just keeping my hand one over his. He eventually gets an Emboar up and I top a Sage just in time (maybe at around turn 10 or so) which gets me my Zone. After that it's pretty quick, I just KO his Emboars and Yanmegas and win. GG.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Liam W. w/ ZPST/Eel

I set up quite well, kill his Eels as well. However my deck is getting low, I have about 4 or 5 cards left in my deck and 2 Prizes left, he has Tyrogue and Cleffa. He flips perfect Baby flips long enough to deck me. =/ GG.

1-1

Round 3 vs. ???? w/ Fighting.dec

I set up all right, Turn 5 Zone or so. Thundurus kills Drillbur, Terrakion kills Thundurus, Zone kills Thundurus, nothing kills Zone. GG.

2-1

Round 4 vs. Ryan B. w/ Sigilyph/Aipom/stuff

Ugh playing down. =/ Ruining my Resistence. Liam also lost last Round so I dunno if I'll get Top 4, let alone Top 2. His entire deck is killed by Thundurus so that's just what I do, sweep for 6 Prizes. GG.

3-1

So because Kabir beat James in Round 4, I come 4th with 48% Resistance or something. Kabir had 43% because he lost to a 1-3 and and got a Bye Round 2. James went 2-2 and had the highest Resistance of 2-2s, coming 6th (placing higher than Joey!). So yeah, fun weekend.

Props:

James
Kabir
Amelia
Joey
Liam
Kenny
Ian
Cor
Championship Points
Opponents
Staff

Slops:

Baby flipsss

Last edited:
Barkjon - Yeah lol. I was surprised he could set up. He went 3-2 on Saturday and 2-2 on Sunday.

Ricky - Haha, I had a lot of the cards ready in case I couldn't get Zones, so I would either use that or Joey's Durant lol if I couldn't get Zones.

Back