2 on 2 Questions?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by LTEDDYBEAR, Sep 13, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTEDDYBEAR

LTEDDYBEAR New Member

Do you always have to have 2 pokemon in?

Can you have 5 pokemon on your bench, if you only put 1 pokemon in?

If you attack one pokemon out of the 2 do you have to attack it again next turn?

2. Dendrobatida

Dendrobatida New Member

I asked Jimmer this question at Gen-Con, and the rule book backs it up. In 2 vs. 2, if you can have 2 active pokemon, you must have 2 active pokemon. Your bench will never contain more than 4 pokemon, since an empty active slot must always be filled by one of your total possible 6 pokemon in play. As far as attacking is concerned, you may change the target of your attack each turn.

3. dkates

dkates New Member

*Yes, unless you don't have a second Pokemon at all.
    *No, see above answer.
    *No, you can switch attackers and/or targets each turn.

4. Dek

Dek New Member

since this is 2v2 topic, how many cards should be in the deck. I know its a stupid question, but i've heard that it will be 40 card decks, then I heard 60 card decks. Now im confused.

5. dkates

dkates New Member

60, as before.

6. Tails

Tails New Member

Being side rules, rather an a full-fledged set, I'd say 60. That, and, for those who played Team Rocket style, even 60 cards seems a bit short at times.

Edit: OK, I'm probably completeyl wron gon the "side rules" thing, but that's what they feel like... Still, 60 seems right.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2003
  7. Nick15

Nick15 Member

It's really the same game, you just have two Active Pokémon instead of one! :)

8. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

Arthas Zero

40 has always been the decksize for limited formats
    60 has always been the decsize for constructed.

However there have been other training formats with different deck sizes. I don't remember how many cards PUI (the 'Nintendo' stand at Gencon) had in their decks

9. LTEDDYBEAR

LTEDDYBEAR New Member

What about Mysterious Fossil?
    It says it becomes a pokemon once you play it to your bench, but does it still have to become one of your active pokemon?

10. dkates

dkates New Member

Treat it as a Pokemon. If it's your second Pokemon, it becomes an Active. If not, it goes to your bench, simple as that.

11. LTEDDYBEAR

LTEDDYBEAR New Member

If you play switch does that still go as retreating?

12. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

No, regardless of whether it's 2 vs. 2 or 1 vs. 1, Switch does not count as retreating.

- CHRISBO

13. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Trainer cards like Switch that move the Active to the Bench are not the same as Retreating. Retreating is taking your Active and moving it to the Bench after paying the Retreat Cost (located in the lower right hand corner of the card).

14. LTEDDYBEAR

LTEDDYBEAR New Member

If you only start out with one pokemon and then draw one from your deck, does that mean you have to play it to your bench if you don't want to?

15. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

No. But if you play it to your bench, it then gets promoted to the other Active spot.

16. League Leader Terry

League Leader Terry New Member

In other words, if you only have one Pokemon and draw another, you HAVE to play it in the other Active spot?

17. dkates

dkates New Member

No. Your options are to either keep it in your hand or make it Active.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.