2007-11-15 Gallade - SW 006/132

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

Yea First post!
I like This card. it seems as if Secret Wonders was designed for Ralts. Sonic blade is useful ONLY if your opponent has a lot of High Hp Pokemon. a problem is it evolves from psychic and that could be a problem. overall modified i give it a 6/10

Gallade is an excellent card from the SW set. 130 HP is now the common for Stage 2s, +30 Weakness to Psychic (not too common anyways), no Resistance, and a Retreat Cost of 2. So he has your average Stage 2 stats.

Its first attack, Sonic Blade, is just awesome. For only a Fighting and Colorless energy, Gallade places damage counters on the Defending till it has only 50 HP left and forces a switch. This is great, as you can weaken their active to the point of KO by almost anything, and then force up new meat to again throw a Sonic Blade at to weaken it. Psychic Cut is also useful. Though it initially appears overpriced at 3 Energies for 60 damage, you are allowed to flip over your prizes to add 20 damage per prize flipped. This allows you to do that extra damage to KO the Defending Pokemon as well as gaining valuable insight as to what your prizes are. That, and Psychic Cut is an KO on anything you've hit with Sonic Blade previously, should your opponent have to bring it up.

Modified - 9/10 (A great card, especially if you combo it with Gardy Lv X. Also will be a dominant Blissey killer with Lake Boundary in play or something)
Limited - 8/10 (Providing you can get out the cards necessary to evolve it, it'll be an effective player. Its attacks are diminished in value though, as most Pokemon here have low HP anyways, and you only can flip over 4 prizes max)
Unlimited - 1.5/10 (No real reason to use it here imo, could be fun if you want to try though)

It is a decent card. High HP and basically 2HKO witch is all right. Too bad each attack uses diffenent energy. This is where Multi energy or Double Rainbow Energy fall in. It really works well with DRE since the first attack drops Counters. It is a pretty sweet card since it has so many options that can be run with it in a deck like Gardevoirs. The only REAL problem that I see for this guy is that he doesn't have a good parter to run with in a deck as far as I am concerned. Hmmm...

I'm not overly impressed. Certainly popular on the threads. Ralts and Kirlia don't amount to much for the money. First attack is great vs biggies (Blissey, etc), but not vs small change, meaning to me that it's better as a tech to Gardy deck.

7/10

Mario-Machamp+Gallade=pwn4g3??

Anyway, i've done a little testing against Gallade. He's pretty good.

8/10

I think a gallade deck will become an archetype after Cities. People often overlook the second attack which can max out at 180 damage.

Modified: 9/10

GO GALLADE!1! YEAH W0000000!!!!! 10/10!!!!!
But seriously(yes that wasen't serious), I do see problems with this card but I also see advantages. Yeah as it does work with most everything nowadays, DRE is a must if playing this card. I can't see me playing it anytime soon, but I can see others playing soon. 8.5/10

the major selling point of gallade IMO is that he can OHKO blissey up to three times without resorting to lake boundary. if blissey ever sees a decline in popularity, so will gallade.

6.8/10 it's ok wouldn't make a good t2 (as the first attact goes) the 2nd attack is pretty nice. I can see this as a tech in a Gardevior deck maybe.

6.8/10 it's ok wouldn't make a good t2 (as the first attact goes) the 2nd attack is pretty nice. I can see this as a tech in a Gardevior deck maybe.

Joke? Gallade is an incredibe card and the only decent counter to the main deck being played (blissey).

Gallade

Not sure if it's going to be played that much on the long run.
It looks like a decent counter for fighting weak decks.
The second attack can do much damage to any high HP pokemon, but only once or twice.
Personal I see it as a card to add to a Gardevoir deck, iso being a pure Gallade deck.

Overall for modified I will give it a 7/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back