Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2007-11-30 Gardevoir - SW 007/132

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

Double supporters are good but this card still more playable than Milotickles...buuuttt....these two are my faves. Oh well...

Great card

9/10

Cheers and dont forget about this pokemon's pure beauty.

Ugh.. I recently faced a Gardevoir/Gallade deck with my Dark Vermin deck(high speed krow/raticate) and got to see the power of this card first hand. On the bench it allows the use of extra supporters that everybody uses in their deck like oak's visit and TV reporter or Rosanne Research to setup even faster with the addition of your own supporters. Psy-Lock can shut down somewhat important pokepowers though many useful ones will be on the opponent's bench. I give it a:
96/100

Outstanding Poke-Power.
GREAT attack.
Good LV. X.

10/10

It can also works as a good 1-0-1 tech to set you up better

This card is AWESOME and only gets better with Gallade!!! Double Supporters is GREAT and helps you get set-up against ANYTHING ASAP! The Lv.X is SWEET and it is only making Gradevoir better. This card has decks built around it that have the winnings to prove it's worth.

11/10

Definitely one of the better cards from the set. 110 HP is a little low, but it's mostly plusses everyone else

*Poké-Power is brilliant, especially in the early-mid game
*Attack is quite disruptive if nothing else
:2 Retreat is about average
-Power isn't as good late game, Discard retreivals aren't done with supporters ):
-Takes quite a lot of energy to power

Usually you just want to keep this on the bench for the power, or to hold it in reserve until you get out Gardy Lvl X. If you have to bring it out, it's usually better to go for a one shotter with a scramble energy.

Limited: 8/10 Not as hard as you might think to get out, and well worth it
Modified:9/10: Great card in many ways. More of a supporting role, but very good at what it does.

9 / 10

Gardevoir has an amazing Poke-Power. Using two supporters per turn is game changing and allows decks using her to have an amazing degree of consistency. Gardevoir's attack is also very nice. 60 for 3 isn't that special, but consider that it's PCC, meaning she's more splashable than some other recent DP Pokemon, and that the attack shuts off powers and it really starts to shine against some decks. Gardevoir's type, Psychic, is very good and is strong against many other Pokemon.

Combo wise Gardevoir has a nice level X, a parallel evolution in Gallade, and two other sister forms in Modified, Gardevoir PK and Gardevoir ex d from DF.

The downsides to Gardevoir are the fact that she is a stage 2, has relatively low HP, Psychic weakness, and a retreat cost of 2. These can be worked around but need to be considered when building a deck using her.

It is a great card! It looses a lot of steam to decks that don't use Powers and play Cessation Crystal for two reasons: 1) the extra effect of its attack does virtually nothing to harm the opponent. 2) Its marvelous Poke-Power gets shut down by their Cessation Crystals. Flygon ex d, which is dying out in popularity, can OHKO Gardevoir. Watch out since there tends to be at least on R-Gon at each tournament. -Don't think that pattern will last much longer however. Gardevoir also has a great Stage One sporting an excellent single energy attack and, it has 80 HP! Gardevoir works OK with Gallade and Gardevoir Lv.X. This card can work in a lot of metagames since it has a lot of other partners that can share its evolution line; e.g. Gallade, Gardevoir ex d DF, Gardevoir RS/PK, and Gardevoir Lv.X. Cards that are very versatile like this tend to be the most successful in the end from what I've seen!

Gardevoir SW is a great card to use. Telepass is just great, being able to use Supporters in your opponent's discard, and Psychic Lock isn't too shabby either. 110 HP is a bit low for a Stage 2, but to compensate it can level up into Gardevoir Lv X (which is arguably a big reason you'd use Gardy anyways). +30 Weakness to Psychic, no Resistence, and 2 Retreat Cost is average.

Modified - 9/10 (A great card to use, use with Gardevoir Lv X for maximum benefit, combo with Gallade as well)
Limited - 8/10 (Still useful, but you can't really use Telepass to full effect here since many of your opponents may not have gotten/drawn a Supporter)
Unlimited - 2/10 (No real reason to use it, though Telepass is still nice)

i've always enjoyed gardevoir and it's stages, and the secret wonders set gave me a lot of fun stuff to work with between this card, the gardy x, and gallade. now to just get several more copies of all of the above mentioned cards.

60? i was sure it does 70! oh well, it still owns for me!
i think the LVX does it no favours though cause it is effectivly just koing the weakest poke in play :(

Ugh.. I recently faced a Gardevoir/Gallade deck with my Dark Vermin deck(high speed krow/raticate) and got to see the power of this card first hand. On the bench it allows the use of extra supporters that everybody uses in their deck like oak's visit and TV reporter or Rosanne Research to setup even faster with the addition of your own supporters. Psy-Lock can shut down somewhat important pokepowers though many useful ones will be on the opponent's bench. I give it a:
96/100

Not to offend you or something but reread it's attack again its on HIS pokémon not on the defendig so he just can't use any powers!!

This card is amazing if you get it out early enough. Constantly using Celio's, TVR, Castaway, or Roseanne's speeds up whatever you could want from your deck. You can also use this to turn the tables on the current hand disruption Team Galactics supporters Wager and Mars. Using a free Mars every turn to refill your hand while you whittle theirs away can crush an opponent by itself.

110 HP is slightly below average, but this will usully just sit on your bench, so it's not too bad. Psychic Weakness still isn't terrible in this format, yet. Being Psychic is a good type right now, also. It's only attack is average overall. 60 is a little low for 3 energy, but it has a decent effect to go with it that can make a difference in the right situation. Only needing one Psychic and 2 Colorless allows you to tech it easier into decks and still possibly attack with it if needed.

Having other good cards in the same line and decent evolutions (one being delta) and a nice LvL x makes this even more versatile.

I rate it a 9/10.

Great Card and has a lot of synergy and strategy with the other cards in its line. Gardevoir LV X and Gallade add to the power of this.

9/10 - Just because it cant be splashed in any deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back