Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2007-12-04 Stantler - SW 113/132

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

Great card to get out on your first turn so consider running four of them. Confuse the oppenent turn two while you get set up. Everyone could use the right supporter on the next turn. I give this guy a 9/10 and Santa likes him too. Gets Holon Mentor so you can get three of the same which might be better than Corsola which gets three different.

Last edited:
Definitely better than Chingling, I mean, more HP and only +20 Weakness to Fighting (no easily gotten Riolu donks). The fact that Lead is energy-less is awesome, and its second attack can be okay in desperate situations. It would be better if Stantler had an evolution to make it even better, or something else because to me this seems like a very stand-alone card (only really good in early game).

Modified: 8.75/10

Good starter. Good HP. Bad weakness. No resistance. Second attack isn't very good for two energy. Retreat cost hurts a lot. A good card!

I like searching for supporters and being mean while they are trying to set up. I also like this because Santa uses it!

With Absol being so popular right now, Stantler's saving grace would be its second attack; but, it's just not enough. It's a great card, only with bad match-ups in this format.

An abitrary six out of ten.

Great starter right now, but when the other good starters come out in the next couple sets, it will be overshadowed. 9/10 for right now.

A choice starter for decks and a solid alternative to Budew DP. Stantler has 70 HP (which is great for a Basic), +20 Weak to Fighting (not so good with Riolu and friends running around), no Resistance, and 1 Retreat Cost. Its first attack, Lead, lets you grab any Supporter from your deck for free. And if you really want/need to attack with Stantler, its second attack, Frighten Horn, is pricy 2 energy to deal 20 damage, but it causes Confusion on non-evolved Pokemon. Overall, it's a solid starter for decks who don't need a starter for searching out Pokemon for the bench.

Modified - 8/10 (Solid card, but becomes a bit of a dead draw later in the game)
Limited - 9/10 (Excellent here if you got any Supporters, but falters in value if you didn't get any. Still makes a good big Basic Pokemon though)
Unlimited - 1/10 (No real need here imo, and besides most of the best Trainers here are not Supporters)

I like the card, a good starter for a set up deck. This or absol are good starters right now. I'd give it an 7.5/10 for now.

The no energy cost is great too for searching out the supporter.

Keith

Last edited:
a great starter, he is better than chingling (most hp). I give a 8/10.

PD: For nebraskaman: Spinda attack only use basic energy cards, multi doesn't work. If the opponent pkmn have a multi energy, spinda does 40 danage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back