Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2007-12-16 Kirlia - SW 53/132

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

Useful stage 1 ... the Kirlia to pick in a Garde / Gallade deck. The ability to use supporters from the discard is nice especially with Absol around ... but it's also risky as an attack. Sniping for 3 is nice too. 8/10

Pretty decent card seeing it inside a Garde/Gallade deck
Retreat is good, good weakness and decent Hp
Awesome first attack and second aswell!!!

7.5/10

9/10; if Holon engine was still around it would be 10/10 I love using this card in my gardy deck great to get around ampharos

10/10 with absol around sooooo much these days. But prinplup is still the best stage 1.
It really isn't that great against Absol. Think about it... You use TVR from your discard to draw three cards. Absol strikes them during their turn after you used Kirlia's attack. Some of those cards could instantly be discarded, and they would never see play! Ouchies! What about if you use Celio's Network to take out a Gallade, Gardevoir, or Gardevoir Lv.X, and that card gets hit by Baleful Wind? That hurts since you now have less copies of the card in the deck. When you really think about it, it is not very helpful against Absol unless you have a massive hand where the odds of them picking the card are less.

Regardless of what I just said, it is still the top pick Kirlia for a Gardevoir/Gallade deck. The effect of its attack is great, particularly when Absol is not present IMO. The second attack is OK, but I doubt that it will see use much. Three energy is a lot for that kind of damage. That attack would probably only see use if a player is hurting, and they drop a Scramble on Kirlia for some sniping power. Good card, having 80 HP and all on a mid-evolution is rare!

How is drawing cards not going to help counter absol's damage? Drawing 3 aditional cards to your supporter you've played this turn (possible draw 6?) will definately mess the absol up. 9/10 Great first and 2nd attack. The hp is the only problem with the card.

it seems like they always save some of the most interesting attacks for the ralts/kirlia/gardevoir evolution line.

all that i need is a gardy lv x to finish my deck.

8/10

If the set-up wasn't already sufficient enough for Gallevoir, they threw in a stage 1 to help it out more.

8.5/10

It's weird that a stage 1 got its thread, oh well, whatever...

Its first attack, can allow you to setup faster, and sometimes turn a game around. 80 HP is pretty good.

This is the best Kirlia currently in the game.

Psychic Research is advantageous to use the effect of a Supporter card in your discard pile to do whatever improves your situation in battle.

Telekinesis is great for hitting on Psychic-type resistant Pokémon, i.e. Absol.

Modified: 9.9/10
Limited: 9.9/10
Fun: 9.9/10

IMO the only reason i play this kirlia is because the other one is SO bad. The real deal is the one from RS with Life drain and dazzle dance. alittle flippy, but if we had that It would work better in the format with such high HP pokemon to bring them down to 10 for i think it was one energy.

Edit: 7/10 on the basis of theres nothing else.

^ Well i agree about the RS one being the best, but i dont like uncommon and commons to have life drain, because well, i think thats a bit to powerful. Gengar is rare so i dont mind it there.

Anyway, this card is great help for set up. I mean Gardy decks will be sure to run it to help there speedy setup and evolve to continue getting what they want.

I say 3 for its sniping attack is decent, i mean it isnt the final stage in its line up so i cant complain.

All in all it makes a nice card but i think it wont ever be ran for set up in other decks other than Gardy decks.

mod. 8/10 (Nice set up poke)

Limited. 8/10 (depends on your supporter pull)

Kirlia is obviously meant to be played with Gardevoir and Gallade, but it's nice to see that the Stage 1s themsevles are becoming more useful and make you want to evolve through them rather than blowing them off completely and using Rare Candy to get to the Stage 2 form. Anyways, has the usual solid stats for a Stage 1; 80 HP, a +20 Weakness (to Psychic), no Resistance, and 1 Retreat Cost. Psychic Research is a water-downed version of Gardevoir SW's Tele-pass (since it costs one Psychic Energy and you are limited to your discard). Telekinesis is overpriced at 3 Energy to use, but 40 damage snipe is ok if you can pick something off their bench.

Modified - 8/10 (Probably the choice Kirlia to use in Gardevoir/Gallade decks)
Limited - 7/10 (Not as useful since Telekinesis costs so much, and Psychic Research is useless unless you drafted any Supporters and they're in your discard)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Does anyone use Gardevoir/Gallade even here?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back