Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-03-31 Mawile - GE 024/106

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

It's an okay card. It can help against having your cards Prized, plus it can flip over G&G's Prizes, so Gallade can't sweep. Jaw Bite's pretty useless, except MAYBE to power your next hitter up to do 20 more damage. The 1 RC's fine, though if it had 0 I would definatly play it more. Resistance and Weakness don't really matter, it will either be OHKO'd or 2HKO'd anyway. Though I guess the Weakness means that Mag now only needs 3 Energy to OHKO it... 70 HP is average for Basics that are at least half-decent on their own nowadays.

6/10

It's first attack is good at disruption g/g by flipping over there prize cards. But that is all that this is really good for. It's second attack is not all that great and it wont' be around long enough to really use it. There hp is about avrage of non evolving pokmeon. It's weakness is bad with all those Magmortar decks out there. I give this card a 3/10 vs G/G but other wise its a 1.5/10 agenst any other deck.

Lol, Mawile

HP/Weakness/Resistance/RC:
Mawile has a "ok" HP but will die still from nay hit, whee. Weakness is bad. Resistance is ok but useless, because P-lock is 2HKO without it. Rc is normal and acceptable.

Pick Out: CAN be decent against GG, othervise bad. It would be much better if it Could flip 2 Prizes..

Jaw Bite: You do not use it. Pick Out is your best bet out off Mawile

Overall Mawile can be somewhat useful in format, but it is still free prize for opponent every time. Imo, it should be uncommon or common.

Bad, 2/10

Only really good as a tech. The only reason you'd want to use pick out over a search-for-supporter move is if your opponent has an Absol up. I'd only run one, and even then only get Pach to grab it when necesary.

Last edited:
I give this card a 10/10.

I run 4 of them in my deck and they have made me so happy!
At states i was up against a g&g player and his gallade no longer ment anything!
On top of this, magmorter in the next round wasn't even a threat to it.
I hit jaw bite, after jaw bite, sending in mawhile after mawhile, and swept the game.
I figured it was a fluke but even now they are the rulers of the deck!
Best card in format right now! IMO

Mawile is an ok tech card, meant to be used primarily against G&G. Statwise, he's a solid Basic, with 70 HP, +10 Weakness to Fire, -20 Resistance to Psychic, and 1 for the Retreat Cost. Pick Out is the main reason Mawile is good against G&G; it's a free attack that lets you flip one of their prizes (or yours if you want) and if it's a Supporter, lets you use its effect. As Gallade's primary attack relies on being able to flip prizes to do additional damage, Mawile can severly limit their hitting power, especially if you get it out early enough. Jaw Bite is a bit expensive at 1 Metal and 1 Colorless Energy for 20 damage, but it makes up for it by letting you do an additional 20 damage to the Defending Pokemon next turn (providing they don't switch out of course).

Modified - 7/10 (Good solid tech for the dominant G&G decks, but is weak to the other popular deck out there: Magmotar)
Limited - 7/10 (Solid card, Pick Out can be useful in snifffing out any prized Supporters as well as letting you see what you want to draw when you take a Prize)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Not much use here, is KOed too easily)

It is a good tech against G&G, but otherwise, imo, it's sorta useless.

Against G&G~~ 6.5/10
Against other stuff~~ 2/10

get this out early in the game befor they get up galade can hurt them badly when they do get him up so 6/10

Last edited:
Anti Gardelade but that is all it's use.
Just find more relyable cards can can both start and stop G&G hoping Japan is smart enough to make one >.>
7/10 vs G&G
1/10 Every other

Not worth the space...

This card's only strong point is that you can turn one of the prize cards in play face up, though if it turns out not to be a supporter then it is pritty useless again. A weak attack brings it's score down even further, so i give this card a miniscule 2.3/10. It's not worth that (Or those) spaces in ones deck. Infact, this card always reminds me of the last Slowking that was featured in the card of the day some time back. This is because, Slowkings Psych up attack also does more damage after two turns of the same attack, which is almost identical to Jaw Bite... (Except Jaw bit does a damn lot less)! So, to be honest, I wouldn't even consider using this card. ESPECIALLY with all the Magmortar, Infernape and Blazikein decks In have witnessed in use. :nonono:

I give this card a 10/10.

I run 4 of them in my deck and they have made me so happy!
At states i was up against a g&g player and his gallade no longer ment anything!
On top of this, magmorter in the next round wasn't even a threat to it.
I hit jaw bite, after jaw bite, sending in mawhile after mawhile, and swept the game.
I figured it was a fluke but even now they are the rulers of the deck!
Best card in format right now! IMO

Ok, everything I said about this card was just in the spirit of April fools...

IMHO i dont find this card to useful. I mean the idea to flip some g&g prizes is cool but that also takes away turns you could be causing some damage. (Not saying its all bad to do however)

On top of that, :fire: Is really really popular and this thing will be melted down... I dont wana see that happen :nonono:

It second attack is also .... eh? I really dont care for it to much at all.

2/10

The only way this could be a good card if it's in a deck with Dusknoir.
It's attack is useless and can only spam Prize flips. It's only use actually.

Anti Gallade card? 6/10
Anything else? 2/10 (2 because the 2nd attack would actually have to be worst to warrant a 1)

Again, if you use it as an anti gallade skirmisher, and have the patience to flip over few prizes, that is great obviously, but is that the best use of attacks turns? Anyhow, it would be only effective if you are committed to it, and works for your anti GG tech. Thus it could get a 7 for certain decks and players who have the patience and attack plan for GG. 0 for players who don't use it.

I was happy when I got my 1st one, another Midori Harada art for the folder. Then again, I will be annoyed if I pull another, pretty useless, even against Gallade, if you have to use a different Mawile, PK or CG both have their own (better) uses. If you like unlimited/extended you can have fun with a Stantler UF and Mawile PK deck :p

i say 7/10 to gg
u can make gg less "good"
6.5/10
and flip over UR prizes as a start and hit the supporters we all love xD

it's just another overatted card that people anticipated would beat gg but then it was tested and people gave up on it, the only use for it is if you have some outlandish deck that depends on a pokemon *, it does almost nothing to g+g i'd say absol does as much and that is just a funny statement

4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back