Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-1-14 Xatu - SW 044/132

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

great damage spreader. too bad its only 80 Hp, but it is a great card. could make an interesting addition to empoleon/lucario or now empoleon/Xatu

It'd be excellent for those times when Blissey is just waiting to kill. Also good at against any Delcatty w/Energy Draw on the bench.

9/10-Modified

Xatu+Golduck wahlah! Beautiful! And yes, it does go with Empoleon but not worth it.

5/10

Pros:
Can move status
Possible average snipe of 30-40
Fighting Resistant
Low Retreat

Cons:
Yuck psychic weakness! But thanksfully only 10+
Low HP
Stage 1? Wow...
lower stage sucks anyways

Xatu SW is a fairly decent card. 80 HP is average for a Stage 1, +10 Weakness to Psychic isn't good but it could be worse, -20 Resistance to Fighting is good, and a Retreat Cost of 1. Its Poke-Power, Psychic Shift, allows you to shift 1 Special Condition from your active to the opponent's active. This is quite beneficial, though status conditions aren't that widely played. Energy Singe is a decent sniping attack, particularly if your opponent likes to build up his/her Pokemon on the bench.

Modified - 7/10 (Could be beneficial as a tech)
Limited - 9/10 (Status Conditions are used more here, making him even more useful)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Maybe combine with Drowzee from the Rocket set? I dunno)

I really like him. Great power and good attack against energy hogs such as Magmortar.
I would combo it with Primeape DP4.
I give it 8/10

It is very interesting. It has a lot of versatility since it can hit any Pokemon, and it can be very effective against cards that charge up while benched. Fighting Resistance helps against the Gallade matchup since they'd have to reveal two prizes to OHKO. Its weakness shouldn't make much of a difference in most cases.

It doesn't look that great on the first look, but it's great 20 + 10x (x= Number of energy) as a snipe? Wow. Next they need a leiner attack that doubles damage counters and we are going to kick some a**! But (every thing has a but or that is what my 7th grade science teacher told my class) Natu makes it worthless unless you rare candy it (Not a great idea unless you DRE)

8/10 If Natu was better 9/10

Goes great with any deck that uses Pokemon that afflict themselves with Special Conditions, such as Gyarados and Golduck. It's HP is poor, but its W&R are okay. [P] is bad, but the +10 is good, because it allows Xatu to survive one unpowered Psychic Lock. [F]-20 helps against Gallade. Basically, Xatu was almost designed to beat Gardylade. Sniping helps, especially when your opponent's Gardy LvX is trying to use Bring Down on your weak basics (Magikarp) and you snipe one of your opponent's Benched Pokemon to 10HP.

Modified - 9/10

Edit: Because Xatu only uses its power while on the Bench, it can also use Cessation Crystal if necessary.

Last edited:
wow what an awsome card, only +10 for weakness on a stage 1! brill!

i really like this cards, but the fact that it has a power and only 80 hp sucks! means you cant balance it out with cessation against the big decks. nice sniper though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back