Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-2-24 Wigglytuff - GE 032/106

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

This card + Zatu = a Fun deck. This card would'nt be so good now in days becuase of all the fighting weakness.

For fun 10/10

Agreed. Of course, 90 HP is what saved it in the end. Late-game, if your forced to deal with Gallade, and you're using him, at least Gallade has to flip over ONE Prize to KO it. 60 damage for two is okay, but you can't base a deck around it attacking, like Togekiss. Darkrai is it's buddy, but Darkrai fails even more against Gallade.

6/10

It has a neat baby effect on its attack. At least it isn't totally reliant upon it like Electivire DP is. It also has a neat and interesting Power. It does a ridiculous stalling combo with Wailord.
6/10 It should have more HP. And it isn't really applicable to anything viable at this point. Maybe if something that could use it to do some real damage came out, I could give it a higher rating.

Wigglytuff is also another one of those fun cards that revolve around a fun concept, but probably will not make an impact. 90 HP is good for a Stage 1, +20 Weakness to Fighting isn't helpful (Gallade and Lucario deal heavy damage to you and are widely played), no Resistance, and 1 Retreat Cost is cheap. Good Night Melody at a glace looks like an odd Poke-Power, as it puts both your active and the opponent's active to sleep. However, several strategies take advantage of this; for example, Xatu has a Poke-Power that allows it to shift status conditions to your opponent's Pokemon, leaving your active ready to attack. Balloon Attack does 40 for 2 Energy, but if Igglybuff is under it (ie, you evolved from Igglybuff into Jugglypuff into Wigglytuff), it deals an extra 20 damage. Igglybuff itself is a decent card to start with, so I can actually see this being used, though it's still annoying to have to evolve from a "Baby" Pokemon to get the bonus.

Modified - 5/10 (Fun combo to pull off at league or something, not going to see much action at States)
Limited - 8/10 (Poke-Power can be used to stall if desperate, and Wigglytuff is a decent Pokemon with decent attack costs)
Unlimited - 1/10 (No use here, not going to bring any memories of "Do the wave" Wigglytuff here)

Wigglytuff has a special soft spot in my heart. I don't really know why...maybe it is remembering how cute the Wigglytuff in Mewtwo Strikes Back was, who knows? Anyway, Wigglytuff is the big, puffy and sleepy. This particular card is very interesting in my opinion. You have the possibility of doing 60 for only 2 Energy, which is decent for a Stage 1. The Power is what makes it really interesting, though. As previous reviewers have mentioned, the possibilities are clear when partnering this Wigglytuff with Xatu from Secret Wonders. Auto-Sleep every turn is annoying and a halfway effective way to severely disrupt your opponent (I say halfway because of the inherent unpredictability of the Sleep condition in the card game). It is definitely a fun card with possibilities, but it is a bit too unpredictable and fragile for standard competitive play (Gallade, providing that it's awake, will rip poor Wigglytuff to shreds).

Modified: 6/10

It's an unplayable bad piece of garbage that gets owned by Gallade. The Poke-Power is terrible since it makes you not be able to attack 100% of the time, but at least the opponent has a 50% chance. The attack is really bad, because the thing essentially has to be a Stage 2 in order to do a maximum of 60 damage. That one simple attack just isn't enough for it to ever be a successful card. Pleasedon't play it because it's an unplayable bad piece of garbage that gets owned by Gallade (and Magmortar).

Wigglytuff's Balloon Attack is most effective when it is evolved from Igglybuff. That additional 20 damage may make the difference in several situations in battle.

It is pointless to put your own Pokémon asleep via Good Night Melody. If you have a switch and a Pokémon with free retreat cost to bring up Wigglytuff, that would be good. It is an overuse of resources.

Modified: 5/10
Limited: 5/10
Fun: 3/10

wigglytuff +weavile sw +sidney's stadium is the only possible playable combination. 60-80 damage plus they are asleep.

5/10

This card is really interesting. I don't know how practically good it is, but in theory, you could play around putting yourself to sleep, via switching, evolving, xatu, etc.

Good card, but really one-dimensional (i.e., it is hardly ever a decent attacker). 5/10.

6/10 Not that great Doesn't do that much damage but may do with in unlimited with Snoralax from various sets

do you forget hypno??? wiglypuff - hypno - xatu is a good combo with this card.

I give This a 5/10

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

don,t forget darkrai - wiglipuff / sydney stadium for a 80 damage.

Last edited:
i think this is a ok card....it works well with weavile and darkrai as a sleep sniper from the bench w/ a sidneys stadium..all in all a 8/10...

I like it with the new Magcargo that can't be asleep and burns the opponent. A fun deck would be 1 Igglybuff CG 4-4 Tuff, 3-3 or 4-4 Cargo and 2/2 Volbeat Illumise. But really, fun decks are all it's good for. i guess it's a decent tech for when you can't attack or are paralyzed or making a sacrifice or something along those lines, but I wouldn't recommend playing it at anything higher then league or even BR (BR's really rather lame). Cities and up destroy the BLissey wannabe.

5.4/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back