Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-7-10 Infernape - MD 022/100

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcoville

displayimage.php

This card can be nuts. I played it at my local league against a guy who used it with Claydol and a Phione start. Too fast, too powerful. About 8-10 turns in he decked himself with Claydol and Burning Head, and used the Lv.X attack to keep himself going. Seriously good potential, especially with Heatran Lv.X.

9/10

i used to play this with typhlosion attaching 2 energies every turn doing 80 with free retreat and that builds up 8 energies in my discard really fast for my lv x's attack

alright card, gonna be hard to play when LA comes out because of kingdra.

a tad bit inconsistent and hard to get a whole thing set up when fighting sniping decks and such.

works fantastically with the lvl x though.

7/10

When Heatran Lv.X comes out, this thing might grow... lol... Kingdra will hurt, though...

But now, all it has are DRE and Scramble...

Right now: 7/10
When Hearan Lv.X comes out: 8/10

I think its a sweet card, can move very fast, but unfortunatly Empoleon is better and Kindra is awesome, which almost elimiates this card from the Metagame
8/10

A very good stage 2 built off of a good choice of basics and solid stage 1.

Since his main attack only requires 1 energy he can easily be a 2nd turn beast with a rare candy. Give him 2 energies and he is knocking out a lot of basic Pokemon. Being a fire Pokemon means there's a greater share of Pokemon that are weak to him.

His weakness is a high, but it is quickly balanced against no retreat cost! I repeat NO RETREAT COST!

This is a stage 2 you can build a deck around.

9/10.

It's an amazing card and probally the only card I was looking forward to get when MD came out. With DRE and Scramble it had amazing comeback power and the ability to kill anything in the game easyily. With the loss of those cards it's going to be harder to kill a lot of big HP cards.

Now 9.5/10

Next format 8/10

Loooove this card so much. However, if Kingdra gets big I doubt anyone will play it.

You can play it straight up with Delcatty this format or Claydol next format. However, I would play it with MT Typhlo so you can do a consistant 120-160 damage a turn. This thing reminds me a lot of BAR decks from 2004 that were soo popular.

HP-on - 8.5/10

DRE is still available and so is Delcatty.

DP-on - 8/10

No more DRE or Catty but I still see this as being a good deck.

Well, the first attack is nice, and free retreat is great, but honestly, the 2nd attack isn't looking too good. It is great at the game's start, but later it needs constant charging. Typhlosion makes this card slow, but I could see rayquazza and stark mountain as a faster option that might make this card a force.

with ray/stark mountain: 8/10
without: 6/10

This dude is mega fast. 30 for one colorless is still nothing to sneeze at (Hey, you guys liked Lucario, don't complain) plus minor spread is still pretty good.

While Typhlosion is still a bit slow, Blaziken is still a pretty nice option and a pretty decent way of bringing energies back, should you need it and Felicities still goes really well with this guy.

Stark Mountain is also present, and IIRC, Blaziken has one retreat, so Unown Q with it, xfer the energys and you have a ton of fun.

This guy may not be a Magmortar, but he'll still be present to snuff out the grass metagame, should it dominate upon Destroyed Sky's release.

7/10

.......38745?????? thats like idk. more than half of the people in pokemon? 1000 in nats so 37754 more. cant think of that much people. sry.;;

OK. This card is great...but inconsistent. You REALLY need a good hand to start off strong, and you can run this with Bronzong MT as the Catty PK for Infercatty. (inferzong now) I ran this at Nats, and I got bad hands everytime. Watch out! He will see some play with Leafeon roaming around, but not too much.
6.5/10

Yes, this is a great card, and people say IF Kingdra get's good. Sorry guys, it's inevitable.

Infernape, why yes, it can beat Empo, just like Charchar did, get a fast enough of a set up and you can win those matches

Vs. Kingdra, yeah...he just kinda loses...sorry

HP-On Format:8/10
DP-On FOrmat:7/10

However i still think this card will see play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back