Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2009-4-16 Porygon Z DP35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to trade for a few of these.

I see quite a bit of potential with this card + the Lv. X.

It's a possibility. If that is your deck runs a lot of TM's. It's also a good thing should a Level Max fail. 2 for 40, again, very dependant on how many TM's you run.

May be good, just have to swarm this before it swarms back.

Gallade, Psychic Cut, Knock Out! Gardevoir, Psychic Lock. Mesprit, Psychic Bind! This card has a bunch of bad match ups in the meta game right now, once the meta game slows down, this CAN be good.

7/10.

Last edited:
Hey 5th again I see this deck becoming popular and fading because of the build will work. Otherwize I love Porygon period

ehh so so bit to mutch for what a level max could do with a heads but then again this is no matter what no flipping just dont like his other attack to mutch ok maybee as a tech in a porygon z deck but him i dont think he will be that good i say 6/10

This card's potential is destroyd by lack of cards that restore Trainers cuz once you lose some TMs, you lose the game. 7/10 only because of Learning.

Very dependant on Trainers - without a back-up attacker, this deck crumbles.

With that being said, this version is great, has massive damage output, and good versatility.

8/10

Marley's works VERY well with this card. TM-1 or TM-2? I like it a lot. 8.5/10

I made an AMU build with this in Redshark, and, I must say... It was pretty good.

If your Level Maxes fail, use the attack. More apt than not (in the correct build with this in it) you're going to have some way to evolve it quickly.

After that, it's all a matter of choosing what to level up carefully.

Oh... And Porygon Z Level X + Uxie Level X = Any card you want, every turn. So that's even more motivation to play this card.

9/10. Love it.

Already picked up my 2, yay!

Anyways, today's CotD is Porygon Z Promo DP35, which is a pretty fun card to play. Statwise, 120 HP is good, but still not average (130), +30 Weakness to :fighting: is a bit bad since Machamp is popular and likely will continue to get popular, no Resistance, and costing an ok :colorless:colorless to Retreat. Install is a nifty Poke-Power, letting you move around any TM you please; granted, there are only 2 TMs you can currently move around (TS1 and TS2), but hopefully that'll change soon. Learning is a great attack (even more so without an Energy cost), essentially acting as a free Level MAX; you get to level up any Pokemon you have in play (even on the bench). Overload is also a good attack; for :colorless:colorless, you deal 40+ 20 more for each TM on Porygon Z.

So of course, with Porygon Z, we must first look at TM TS1 and TM TS2. TS1 is great early game, letting you evolve your Pokemon quickly, and TS2 is decent for the late-game, letting you devolve 1 of your opponent's Pokemon (which, providing you weakened them beforehand, should KO). Now obviously, Install is still a bit limiting with the few TMs available, but you can easily stack on the damage, and playing more TMs is much easier than adding more Energy in a given turn. Plus, you still have the support of Porygon2 before evolving, which allows you to use and abuse Supporters by essentially playing an extra one per turn. Finally, you then have Porygon Z Lv X; Mode Crash promises to be huge since special energies are back en-force (even more so once SP Energy and Upper Energy arrive in Rising Rivals), and Decode still gives you a nifty option of getting 2 cards you need to the top of your deck. Porygon Z can even help SP decks; mainly, Porygon2 could be used here to abuse Cyrus' Conspiracy, and you can then evolve into Z to move around the future SP TMs that come out to different SP Pokemon (not Z himself sadly, since they'll be discarded if not attached to an SP Pokemon).

Modified - 8/10 (I think this has a lot of potential, and could do well, though if GE rotates next season, may as well say your byes now)
Limited - 0/10 (Can't really be used here since it's a promo, huh? And even then, you'd need to pull Porygon and Porygon2 from GE)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Not too much use, TMs here suck anyways)

I think it pretty much can't be used as a tech. Sure, you can level up stuff, but you have to get the porygon, the z, and a rare candy, and that can be somewhat hard. It could never work in AMU. But in a deck built around it, this card could be decent. 6.5/10

Our experience with the Porygon line...

The cards read great.... you have to believe that they will really work, but the bottom line for us has been:

The tech takes too long to impact the game.

This card: 3/10

I tried this deck out, and it doesn't work as well as it should, for a couple of reasons.
It is very difficult to take advantage of a Porygon 2 draw engine, due to lack of good draw Supporters in the format. It also just gives up to Machamp. It is also a lot more difficult to keep the TM's flowing than it seems, even with the level X.
5/10.

Just 1 and it you have to flip for it first. If there was something like Drifblim DPs Wind Wave for Trainers, this deck would have chance to become BDIF. Now you have to keep on your toes, fiddling a lot with it's power to keep TMs out of harms way. Also, Mesprit screws it over. A well timed Psy Bind can prevent you from moving lots of TMs around.

I just like the card because it appeals to my techy side...plus it has a really cool design, IMO. I really want to build a fun deck around this card.

Pory, Z Deck will proudly sit right next to my Killer-Mari Deck (octillery)... ;-)

A great card that can be used to build one of the best deck in the format.

The card is hard to get, and it's not easy to build a good porygon deck list that's probably why Porygon decks aren't common. But trust me, this card is amazing.

10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back