Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2009 World Championships Competitors Announced

SD PokeMom

Mod Supervisor
Staff member
The Pokemon Company International would like to congratulate all of the players who have earned an invitation to come battle at the 2009 Pokémon TCG World Championships in San Diego, California from August 13th - 15th.

Invitations were awarded to players in one of four ways:

The list of invited players, and their countries of residence, can be found below. In addition to these players, top finishers of the Last Chance Qualifier in San Diego will also receive an invitation to participate in the 2009 Pokémon TCG World Championships.

Players listed in bold
have confirmed their attendance at the World Championships with Pokémon Organized Play.

All players wishing to use their seat in the event must confirm their attendance via hotel or travel receipts or itineraries no later than July 17th, 2009. Unconfirmed seats may be released into the Last Chance Qualifier event.

READ MORE....

did I see ALOT of errors in the Australia part? :S

Austrailia
Junior Division Senior Division Master Division
Christopher K.
Roland A.
-
Australia
Junior Division Senior Division Master Division
Jayson C.
Shaun M.
Sam H.

Reilly C.
Stuart M.
Daniel E.

Andrew C.
Aaron Lin Feng C.
James C.

Perri D.
Grace L.
Joey F.

-
Kai H.
Alan G.

-
Naomi M.
Sean T.

-
James L.
-

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Also not only Australia is messed but Great Britian is too... Got seperated in two, eh?

Last edited:
Looks like APAC got 5-5-4 invites in JR-SR-MA for rankings :S

Juniors/Seniors/Masters
R1-Andrew C / Roland A / Joey F
R2-Perri D / Jit How (MY) / Sean T
R3-Kai H / Aaron C / Alan G
R4-Chris K / James LS / James C
R5-Noami M / Grace L / -

Honestly, one of the SR got skipped... :S:S:S

And I know the 5th place for Ranking invites, Peter G already booked his flights and attempting to play in the Grinders.... :F

Last edited:
the winner of MY nats might not go. for MY is

Masters
Chun Yee Wei

Seniors
Malik h
Ong S
Jit how C(maybe going)

Juniors
Daniel L(has not confirm but he will
Wesley C(goes if he's brother goes)

btw can i know why japan is not shown in the list?

i just wanna know is The Japan King is invited
i guess all of us know who is he. hint 3rd 07 worlds, masters.

Last edited:
I personally don't like that my name isn't in bold yet. I just resend the info into POP just to make sure they got it.

Drew

There are so many errors on this list... People in wrong age groups, people on the list twice, a lot of people not in bold yet...

Why are UK and GB two seperate "countries" on the list?

Why are there people from Norway who are on the list twice? Also, there's a Junior for Netherlands on the list, twice. And he's in bold while I was under the impression he wasn't going.

Also, there are at least half a dozen names not in bold for people I know are going for Denmark/Netherlands/other countries.

Last edited:
I personally don't like that my name isn't in bold yet. I just resend the info into POP just to make sure they got it.

Drew

Ditto. I emailed Andrew d's confirmation the day after the invite email was received and then we snail mailed a hardcopy just to be safe but his name isn't bolded. Just emailed again..... Does anyone have another suggestion for submitting the confirmation?

Heatherdu

Same here, we sent all the papers about a month ago ( me and my cousin) and we're not even bolded...
Something is wrong in this with a lot of errors and paradoxal things like some already mentionned.

I'm bold, nice .)
Still one of senior players who is going isnt bold yet and eshe probably is on holiday and didnt send anything cause no one told her :/ I emailed PUI and asked if they could confirm her nontheless since I definitly know she is going, and that they will receive everything asap.

Do you think theres any chance that this will work?

Just curious, how did there get to be 40 invites for Masters?

Well, the top 25 players in NA, Top8 finishers at Nationals and Top4 Worlds finishers last year make up that number. I don't think 40 is the correct number though, as there are a number of mistakes in that list like Curran H. and Dylan L. being in Masters. :O

Last edited:
Back