Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Collectible Card

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeches

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of the Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=48164]
2010-8-3 Regigigas FB SV 9
[/gal]​

3rd!

Well, at least you get to review something decent once again!

100 HP is very good for a basic. Fighting weakness somewhat hurts, and the retreat cost is very heavy.

Regigigas seems to have some rather fairly nice uses. Its first attack, for three energies (two with a DCE, or one with a DCE and an Energy Gain) can do 30, and you get to remove a number of damage counters on Regigigas FB equal to [DEL]the number of damage you do[/DEL]. Its second attack, Rainbow Lariat, for four energies (Two with an Energy Gain and a DCE) will do 20 times the number of different types of Pokemon SP you have out. Well, definitely, it can be a decent attacker.

Overall 5/10 in modified, 6/10 in limited, and 1/10 in unlimited

In modified, this card can be pretty decent. Its got some uses, like high HP, nice recovery, decent attacking skills, and great typing (its :colorless: type can hit through Garchomp C with weakness). The second attack is especially noticeable too. Since SPs are pretty popular right now, Regigigas can certainly come into good attacking use for an SP. The problems with it, however, include the bad retreat cost, weakness to Donphan, and the fact that it isn't fast compared to other SP cards like Luxray GL. Thus, it may not be that good here, but it is still decent nevertheless.

In limited, this card can be just as decent too. Its high HP and nice attacking coverage can make it a rather good Pokemon to use, especially since there are a lot of SPs here in SV, and the fact it is :colorless: can potentially make it great in almost any limited deck. Here, however, the problem is that it is not to fast and it is hard to set up, so like modified, it can't be overly good, but it still has potential regardless.

In unlimited, this card sadly has no uses. Although it still has nice HP and attacks, there are generally way better attackers here compared to this card. Plus, it will be tough to set up this Regigigas here, so I doubt it would do well here. Yet, the attacks could potentially still come into good use in some cases.

EDIT: Thank you Marking22 for pointing this out. Apparently, Drain Punch removes a number of damage counters equal to the amount of energy on the defending Pokemon. Well, looks like this attack can actually be good on several Pokemon that need a lot of energy to attack, like Torterra UL. Oh well, looks like I should read some attacks more carefully next time.:smile:

Last edited:
10/10

Ok it isn't that good more like 6 or 7 but i won a fall br and got 2nd at another (lost in top 2 because i didn't play a mewtwo counter. I don't know if i would've won if i had played one.) with a deck based on this and it is so fun to play with a bunch of 1-1 sp lv.x lines of different types.

3rd!

Its first attack, for three energies (two with a DCE, or one with a DCE and an Energy Gain) can do 30, and you get to remove a number of damage counters on Regigigas FB equal to the number of damage you do.

Remove from Regigigas Pokémon FB a number of damage counters equal to the amount of Energy attached to the Defending Pokémon.

i dont like it. it taked 2 DCEs or a DCE and a energy and a energy gain to attack, i'd rather use that DCE on chomp.
2/10

6/10

i teched one in my blazechomp deck and i could set him up turn two if need be with bronzong to move a DCE and an energy gain. al you need is one cyrus and you can get the tank rolling. and if you can poketurn him right before death he is a monster. i guess we forgot he is meant to be used in sp decks (sp decks have poketurn so you most likely wont be retreating unless necessary)

No good. His first attack is no good in the format, considering all attacks nowadays only take one or two energy. And his second attack can only hit a max of 120 for four energy. Its just not good enough. 3/10

Today's CotD (and my birthday as well, yay), is Regigigas FB from RR, a semi-fun card to make a deck around. Statwise, 100 HP is great for a SP, x2 Weakness to :fighting: hurts, no Resistance is common, and :colorless::colorless::colorless::colorless: to Retreat is super expensive. Drain Punch is overpriced at :colorless::colorless::colorless: (even with :colorless: less from Energy Gain) for 30 and healing damage based on how Energy is on the opponent. Rainbow Lariat again is pretty expensive at :colorless::colorless::colorless::colorless: :)colorless: less with Energy Gain again), but it deals 20x the number of different types of Pokemon SP you have in play, meaning you can get a maximum of 120 out of it. DCE and Energy Gain help to reduce its fairly nasty cost, and there's many Trainers/Supporters out there that let you swarm Pokemon, and you have all the typical SP support, so eh...I mean, again it's fun to make a deck out of just because it can work, but overall it's just not that viable. Shame he doesn't have a Lv X form somewhere...

Modified - 5/10 (Fun deck because it's possible)
Limited - 4/10 (Nice HP for stalling at any rate, though it's debatable whether you'll get much use out of his attacks)
Unlimited - 1/10 (ER/SER absolutely destroy this guy and his huge Energy cost, or he can be GoW'ed up when not ready to hinder you as well)

Today's CotD (and my birthday as well, yay), is Regigigas FB from RR, a semi-fun card to make a deck around. Statwise, 100 HP is great for a SP, x2 Weakness to :fighting: hurts, no Resistance is common, and :colorless::colorless::colorless::colorless: to Retreat is super expensive. Drain Punch is overpriced at :colorless::colorless::colorless: (even with :colorless: less from Energy Gain) for 30 and healing damage based on how Energy is on the opponent. Rainbow Lariat again is pretty expensive at :colorless::colorless::colorless::colorless: :)colorless: less with Energy Gain again), but it deals 20x the number of different types of Pokemon SP you have in play, meaning you can get a maximum of 120 out of it. DCE and Energy Gain help to reduce its fairly nasty cost, and there's many Trainers/Supporters out there that let you swarm Pokemon, and you have all the typical SP support, so eh...I mean, again it's fun to make a deck out of just because it can work, but overall it's just not that viable. Shame he doesn't have a Lv X form somewhere...

Modified - 5/10 (Fun deck because it's possible)
Limited - 4/10 (Nice HP for stalling at any rate, though it's debatable whether you'll get much use out of his attacks)
Unlimited - 1/10 (ER/SER absolutely destroy this guy and his huge Energy cost, or he can be GoW'ed up when not ready to hinder you as well)

hapy birthday! do you want me to send you a regigigas?

Ah. Regigigas FB. Seriously, this was my first ever SP card.

100 HP is amazing for a Basic, and great for an SP. X2 to :fighting: hurts with Machamp and Donaphan around... but if you face Machamp and he Take Outs you, you're dead anyways. No resistance stinks, and :colorless::colorless::colorless::colorless: is about as bad retreat-wise as you can go.

Drain Punch is expensive for :colorless::colorless::colorless: or :colorless::colorless: with an E-Gain for 30, and you remove as many damage counters from Regi as the energy attached to your opponent - can be good if you're opponent attacks with a lot of energy.

Rainbow Lariat is decent for :colorless::colorless::colorless::colorless: and 20x the number of SP's you have in play. It can do an base damage or 120, basically.

A pretty good strategy with this card would be throwing it into an SP deck, get a bunch of SP's out, throw two DCE's on it, attach Expert Belt, play Snowpoint Temple, and there. 140 damage and 140 HP.

Modified: 5/10
Limited: 3/10
Unlimited:1/10

No good. His first attack is no good in the format, considering all attacks nowadays only take one or two energy. And his second attack can only hit a max of 120 for four energy. Its just not good enough. 3/10

Max of 140. And 4 energy on an SP is EASY with DCE, Bronzong, Cyrus, and Poke Turn.

8/10. Seriously.

The only card that truly works well with an SP tool box. Being colorless means he can use any energy you have to put in. 4 Retreat sucks, but Poke Turn and/or Warp Energy make this not hurt as much. Another factor that is cool about this card is fact that all Pokemon in play are SP and can be Poke Turned. This allows you to control how much damage you can do, VERY helpful when trying to KO Gengar SF or Dusknior SF, especially when teamed up with Crobat and Skuntank. Tanks well, and hits hard. I love the "only 120" line above. Gyarados only hits for 90. Garchomp only hits for 80. Luxray only hits for 70. The entire Sableye lock deck does low damage. 120 is pretty awesome, especially when belted with snow point temple. Also, his weakness is easy to get around b/c the deck carries so many techs.

The most underrated card in the format me thinks.

4x DCE, 4x Upper. This Gigas isn't Lv.X (and it will be on the losing end a lot) so uppers could work as additional DCEs.

Luxray GL Lv.X (Lightning), Roserade GL (Grass), Toxicroak G (Fighting), Crobat G (Psychic), Bronzong G (Metal), Blaziken FB (Fire), Quagsire GL (Water), Honchkrow G (Dark - or you could use good ol' Weavile G to power up Rainbow Lariat), Gigas FB itself (Colorless). Each of these pokémon have been used in SP decks - except Gigas.

I suppose you could make a deck out of it, but the high damage this thing is doing is probably not worth it. Most popular SPs can take a prize per turn against most decks with a single energy attachment, charging up Gigases doesn't sound too hot after that.

It's simply a bit too expensive and slow for current environment.

5/10

If you want to run it, you'd want to run a rainbow SP deck, which is possible, but if you run Uxie too, that cuts one of the spaces available for Rainbow Lariat. The card can do a lot of damage for no immediate downfall, but it is hard to get rolling, and 100 HP isn't as much as it seems.

Still, it's the main attacker in my "SP Kitchen Sink" deck.

100 HP is great for a basic.
Weakness hurts.
No resistance is meh.
Retreat is terrible.

The first attack is way too expensive for it's damage, and it's effect isn't all that great either. If this was re-costed to C it'd be decent, but the way it is now it's pretty bad.

I've seen the second attack be used as a mirror tech in SP decks and it's kind of neat, but there are better cards to play, at more common rarities. Ambipom G is the best choice and even Dragonite FB is more solid imo.

2/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back