Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2010 Kansas State Championship - March 20 - Collector's Cache

Chairman Kaga

The Kansas State Championship will once again be held at Collector's Cache, 13354 College Boulevard, Lenexa.

Registration will open at 10am, tournament will start at 11am. We're expecting another 100+ crowd this year with a lot of intense players (we are on the opposite week from Missouri, Oklahoma, and Iowa this year), so bring your A++ game!

Last edited:
Now this is one I am really hoping I can do again this year. Had a ball last year and have a mission to hit up Artur Bryant's bbq resturant this time. Look forward to seeing you again, Steve.:thumb:

We might be there I think this year were shooting for taking all Top 8 Spots instead of just 7 :)

Well, this year we will surely get some of the Missouri crowd, so they may have something to say about that :) Our top locals are certainly no pushovers, either. I have seen a lot more metagame decks in league play this season compared to the last two.

Whatever happens, it will be a great tournament!

You got 8 players with that calibur potentially going to Kansas? Wow!:thumb:

No I meant last year out of staters took 7 of the top 8. When I said I meant, Radu, you, me etc. like last year. Kansas defentily has some up and coming players though.

No I meant last year out of staters took 7 of the top 8. When I said I meant, Radu, you, me etc. like last year. Kansas defentily has some up and coming players though.

oh ok. :thumb:are you going again jay? i cant wrap up any for sure plans yet, but i am doing all i can to make this one and the later start has made it better for me.:smile:

Yeah I think we can do it again probably all top 8 this year if we can get as many people to go as last time.

This is awesome. I might come down there just to be the eighth master in the top 8. Why travel 10 minutes to MN states when I could go 8 hours and be a part of something special.

Yeah, omastar has won both the battle road, and cities there this year, along with numerous Missouri battle roads and cities. I am betting on him to win this year!

This makes it much easier for us to come. thank you for the update.:thumb:

The reason for the late start is that there is also a charity Magic tournament scheduled at the store on the same day. It starts a couple hours earlier in the morning, which gives us time to consider the seating arrangements once both tournaments get going.

Yeah I think we can do it again probably all top 8 this year if we can get as many people to go as last time.

The truly good players here have started taking the metagame very seriously over the last year. Yes, we still have lots of "just for fun" Juniors, but the top echelon is definitely not a pushover like it was a couple years back.

You're still welcome to try, though :biggrin:

CK, I know you will have some MO (STL) spillover.

I appreciate you and Steve setting this opposite this year!

Talk to you soon!

Vince

Back