Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2010 Nevada State Championships! March 13th!

Hatter™

Date: March 13, 2010

Tournament Location
Little Shop of Magic, 4160 S. Durango Dr., Las Vegas, NV; PH: 702-307-6127

Cost to Enter
Tournament entry is FREE!

Registration and Start Time
Registration for Round 1 opens at 9:00 am and closes at 9:50 am

The State Championship player's meeting begins at 10:00 am

How to Sign-Up and Play
Arrive onsite no later than ½ hour before the tournament start time. Thank you.

Please allow enough time to fill out your decklist prior to Registration closing — download it now, fill it out, and bring it with you! You will need to turn in your decklist to register for the tournament. Also, please rememeber to bring your POP ID. Thanks.

Prizes
The top 8 finishers in each of the three age categories receive the following prizes:

1st Place

• A Pokémon TCG State Champion Trophy
• A $300 travel allowance to participate in the Pokémon TCG National Championships (US & Canada); this allowance will be given on-site at the National Championships)*
• 36 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions
• Pokémon POP Playmat

2nd Place

• A Pokémon TCG State 2nd Place Trophy
• 16 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

3rd - 4th Place

• A Pokémon TCG State 3rd/4th Place Trophy
• 8 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

5th - 8th Place

• 4 booster packs from current Pokémon TCG expansions

* Players can win multiple travel stipends. Travel stipends must be collected by the winner of record.

Additionally, participants will receive a Pokémon TCG 2010 State Championship promo card, while supplies last, just for playing!

Side Events

Booster drafts will be offered throughout the day and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$25 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Constructed tournaments will be available and will consist of single-elimination rounds—$5 entry fee; prizes = 5 boosters for 1st, 3 boosters for 2nd, and 2 boosters for 3rd-4th.

Team side events will be offered as interest warrants. Pricing and prizes presented onsite.

Tournament Structure
Age-Modified Swiss (1 game matches), with Top 2-16 single elimination (best 2 of 3 games) in each age group.

Tournament Format
Modified Constructed

More info on the judging staff, and possible raffles to come shortly.

hey Josh...is there any truth to a possible "CAP" for the tournament ??? due to limited space...I've just been hearing all sorts of stuff, so I thought I'd confirm with you, to plan accordingly...

thanks for any and all info,

JessE

Well, I know nothing about a possible CAP, however, the store could hold about 60-80 players total IMO within reason. They could push the tables closer together at the most, but 100 would probably be the most if they pushed it.

Last edited:
I don't think its gonna be enough. I hear tons of Norcal people are coming and obviously Socal people will be going. Hope there is a plan in case 100+ come. Attendance to citys all over Norcal was huge this year it seemed like. There is just more people fighting for the trip it seems. I really don't want to be turned away if I travel all the way in a car for 12+ hours and I know many others will feel the same way.

Since I am sure nobody else will do it.. I will ask the owner at league exactly how much room there is.

^^Is that even possible?
^I did too... twice... what's your point?

This is gonna be a great year. Lotsa people. Imma gonna fail D: W/e though. As long as our resident Junior wins, I'll be happy. :) My SR Buddies be comin' in town. Gonna be good States.

Thanks Josh -_-

Turns out little Josh is coming. He rescheduled the weapons class for Friday. Can't wait to see everyone again! I'm problamente gonna fail :)

Back