Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2011-04-25 BW Professor Juniper 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of the Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=51895]2011-04-25 BW Professor Juniper 101[/gal]​

Last edited:
Best draw supporter in the history of the game. The discard is a huge bonus over reshuffle, allowing minimization of dead draws. 7 is huge.

10/10 because there's no reliable way to block the use of a supporter.

This card is amazing! I love that they brought professor oak back and it is gonna be played a ton especially after uxie is gone. 10/10

Here is your new Uxie for September.

Play out your hand, get massive burst draw.

8/10

Looks like they are bringing back the original Professor Oak.
3 for Remake
1 for cool new design on the Supporter
1 Because I sorta like it

5/10

I think it's a great supporter, especially with deck that rely a bit on discarding (gyarados/Steelix/Ect..) and it's just all around powerful draw, easily 8/10

The better remake of Oak. I don´t think that it´s the new Uxie, but it´s still a good card, especially for Gyarados.

8/10 because it draws very good, but not 10/10 because you have to discard the other cards.

Great for Gyarados, not so great for most other decks. I think I prefer Professor Oak's New Theory to this card in
most draw situations. The agony of having to throw away most cards in my actual Modified decks is horrible.
(Prerelease, booster draft, and Theme decks are usually full of cards I would be fine throwing away, but when
I construct any modified deck, even if it's not a 'meta' deck, I don't want to just toss many of my cards into the
discard.)

It'll be great for new players, even decent for up and coming competitive players, but other than Gyarados, I don't
see it being played in any decks owned by the Nats Finals competitors.

7/10

-Jason
:)dark::colorless:20)

How many should be played in Gyarados people?

Otherwise, 8/10 - only drawback being the discard which isn't too bad...and it taking yoiur support for the turn. Next format's draw...

7/10 It's use is awesome in Gyarados but the downside is discarding the other cards can sometimes make the lategame harder.

8/10 My best friend plays steelix and its now super annoying >.< Still an awesome card and I agree that she is kinda hot :3

pretty good, i tested it but did not really like it in many decks over cards like judge, lookers or copycat. just i dont think some people know hwo big discarding thier whole hand is. its nice in gyarados and maybe healix. not much more to say. 6.8/10

10/10 because there's no reliable way to block the use of a supporter.

Not true. Supporters are subclasses of trainers again >.<

Anyway, today's COTD is Professor Juniper from the Black & White expansion. Its effect is simple, discarding your hand and drawing 7 cards. Anyone remember the old Professor Oak? It's back :biggrin:, with a one card improvement, but as a Supporter :frown:. However, you should definitely play 3-4 of this card in G-Dos.

Modified: 8/10- Awesome draw power is awesome :biggrin:
Limited: 10/10- Awesomer draw power is awesomer :biggrin::biggrin:
Unlimited: 3/10- Why play this when you can play Oak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back