• For League and Fun ONLY!

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Collectible Card

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for the Power alone this card is great for Lost-Gar but the retreat cost is a bit much, maybe combo with a warp energy.

Over all a decent tech for any deck but specifically LostGar.

Its OKAY.
Although, I dont think LostGar need anything but pure Gengar-age. All this would do is slow you down.
I think it and Honchkrow SV could make a fun and semi-playable Lostworld deck.

Ill give it a 7.5/10

Today's COTD is Palkia G Lv. X from the Platinum expansion. Let's start with the basics. :water: Type is good with Donphan around, bad with Luxray around. 120HP is nice, :lightning: weakness is bad, no resistance is meh, Ret. Cost is a bit pricey. It's Poke-Power, Lost Cyclone is great when the Opponent has full bench, as it makes them lower it to 3, putting the others in the Lost Zone. Watch out though- it affects you too. It's only attack costs :water::water::colorless::colorless: for an 80 snipe, then discarding 2 energy attached to Palkia. I thought there was a card that did this better..... *coush*Garchomp C*cough**cough Lv. X*cough*. However, this card should definitely be considered if you're running a LostGar deck.

Modified: 7/10- Goes great in LostGar decks, but better sniping can be found with Garchomp.
Limited: 8/10- GREAT disruption here!

It seriously blows my mind how good this card was when it came out, and then 2 sets later they make a card with a much better pokepower, needs only 3 energy to perform the same awesome attack of sniping anything on the board for 80 dmg (all colorless to boot!), and finally giving that same card free retreat. Not to mention they release a card the set after platinum that essentially makes palkia unplayable (luxray g lv x). Garchomp C was just the nail in the coffin.

If garchomp c lv X gets a 10/10, I would give this card 4/10, yeah, less than half as good as Garchomp. Completely outclasses palkia everyway. I actually would've only given this card a 2 or 3/10 but the usefulness as semi-decent tech in lostgar, or the potential for its own archetype with lost world, made me give it a few more points.

Maybe you can play it with pichu from hg/ss and get an unsuspecting oppoenent to fill up their bench while you try to get out pgx :water:

Palkia G Lv. X is a good card. Why not a great card? The answer is simply because it plays well with only one deck in our current format - LostGar. Palkia's 'Lost Cyclone' Poke-Power lets you send an 4th or 5th bench Pokemon your opponent may have into the Lost Zone. That helps speed up the win condition for Lost World. Combined with Gengar Prime, this could help speed up how quickly you achieve victory.

But then you have to keep in mind everything Palkia G Lv X has going AGAINST it. Lightning weakness and a high retreat cost makes it a perfect target for Luxray GL Lv. X to Bright Look up to the active spot and then score an easy knockout. Considering that LuxChomp, the most popular deck in our format right now, is the biggest competition for LostGar at the moment means that Palkia Lv X could be seeing some trouble from old Luxray. Garchomp C Lv X can also snipe it easily on the bench before you even get a chance to level up.

This isn't saying that Palkia Lv. X is a bad card - I recommend it in every LostGar build. It just isn't a great card. Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't perfected my own lostgar build yet, but those are just my thoughts.

Competitive play, Palkia G Lv. X gets a 7.5/10
For Collectors, Palkia G Lv. X gets a 8/10, its a rare card from an older set, making it difficult to find these days outside of eBay and online card shops.

Palkia G Lv X, I am still unsure how I feel about you. The HP is solid, there is no resistance and the retreat and weakness suck. Luxray GL lv X eats this thing for breakfast. In addition his attack is just a worse version of Garchomp C lx X's On the other hand Palkia does have the ability to lost zone up to 3 of your opponents pokemon at once, without attacking. This can be huge for lostgar decks, Since Palkia uses a power, if you were to use it as a closer in a lostgar deck, you could potentially put their 6th pokemon in the lost zone and call the game with lost world on the same turn. Needs play testing for me.

7-9/10

This was a card that was hugely playable when it came out and was utterly ruined by the release of Luxray and Garchomp. Purely because of Luxchomp, the most popular deck in our format. It will never be seen as a great card, and is seen as little more than a tech card in Lostgar. I'm still a bit iffy if this should be played in Lostgar. If I do play it I tend to go for a 1-1 line and use it as a game ender.

Its OKAY.
Although, I dont think LostGar need anything but pure Gengar-age. All this would do is slow you down.
I think it and Honchkrow SV could make a fun and semi-playable Lostworld deck.

Ill give it a 7.5/10

Not just BDK, also Lumineon SF, and spirtombs from TR. I actually built the deck, and it's allot of fun to win the game without ever attacking. Unfortunately it's obviously not competitive.

Anyways as for the actual Palkia G Lv. X... It's quite frankly just a good card at this point. The power is useful, and its attacks aren't bad for a SP Lv. X. It has good HP, and a terrible weakness. None the less, it is outclassed by Garchomp C Lv. X, and it really comes down to using it for its power. In application of that, it has mainly been reduced to a sub-par lostgar tech. Artwork is cool though! =D

5/10

quite possible my favorite sp pokemon in the format. its my favorite deck too. palkia lock when it first came out was a force to reckon with. in fact it still is. the only thing that is a drawback is the weakness. retreat isnt bad because warp energy, plus its own attack on the basic allows for switching.

i give this card a 8/10. its still not bad. just not as good anymore.

I'd give this a 6/10
The card's attack reduces the energy by 2, which is not very good at all. The retreat cost is meh. If retreat cost is expensive and a poor attacker, might as well not use it. That or put in switch or warp energy. The ability is nice, but it can screw the owner over also. This card is good for supporting, and should be used as a last resort for attacking, due to it's attack recoil.
But it still has its previous moves as well, which are much better than loosing 2 energy for snipe 80. Better for 10 to all (sometimes) and 50 to active. And retreat cost isn't an issue with that retreating attack.
But only as supporting card still

Taken from my Palkia/Garchomp article:
Nekizalb said:
This card is the main card of the deck. At a glance, 120 HP is pretty good, almost guaranteeing that Palkia G Lv. X will be around for at least one turn. Lost Cyclone looks like it can be disruptive to your opponent, and is used to your benefit (which is explained below.) Hydro Shot is a great attack. You can start using it in four turns or even three (with an Energy Gain or a Double Colorless Energy). A Retreat Cost of two is heavy, but not unbearable. Truly, the only bad thing about this card is its Lightning Weakness. Having Lightning Weakness means Luxray GL Lv. X will use Flash Impact to KO Palkia G Lv. X in one shot. Since Luxray GL Lv. X is probably the most popular card in the format, this could lead to problems.

Let’s look at Lost Cyclone again. You get to send Pokemon on your bench to the Lost Zone until you have three Benched Pokemon, and your opponent does the same. This can be good or bad for your opponent; they can remove benched support Pokemon like Uxie or Azelf, or they can remove a damaged attacker from the game so you can’t get a cheap prize. Lost Cyclone is very important to this deck because you run Mesprits. Lost Cyclone can clear the Mesprits off your bench so you can drop more, Psychic Binding your opponent four times in a row. This can slow your opponent down a lot.

Hydro Shot is Palkia G Lv. X’s only attack. It’s a bit more expensive than Garchomp C’s Dragon Rush, but unlike Dragon Rush, you can use it turn after turn. Having a cost of (W)(W)(C)(C) is a lot more convenient than a cost of (W)(W)(W)(C), because you can fulfill the two Colorless Requirements with Double Colorless Energy. So, on your first turn, you attach a Water Energy. On your second turn, attach another Water Energy. On your third turn, attach a Double Colorless Energy and Hydro Shot. Next turn, attach another Double Colorless Energy and Hydro Shot. You can keep doing this as long as you have Double Colorless Energies in your hand. Otherwise, you can simply drop another Energy and an Energy Gain onto Palkia G Lv. X to continue Hydro Shotting. The 80 damage that Hydro Shot does is just enough to pick off a Claydol that your opponent would use to set up, and Hydro Shot can also KO a Luxray GL or Garchomp that is threatening you.

This was when the latest set was HS: Unleashed. I still think this is pretty accurate. Lightning Weakness is bad, but 120 HP is pretty good. Palkia G Lv. X is best used with other Pokemon, especially Mesprit, and 80 with Hydro Shot is extremely convenient should you have the necessary energy.

Running a bit late, but here we have Palkia G Lv X, a card we previously reviewed 2 years ago lol (amazing how long lived this has been eh?). Past information can be found here: http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97821&highlight=palkia

Surprisingly much of the information is still relevant in ways, except that his status has diminished somewhat since. Nowdays, he is best used for the new Lost Zone/World mechanics; before, Lost Cyclone was an annoying effect on your opponent at best, nowdays it can become very dangerous to have too many things sent to the Lost Zone with Lost World out there. Hydro Shot is still pretty good as well, if not slightly more expensive than Garchomp C's snipe attack. And of course, you still have all the great SP supporting elements.

Modified - 8/10 (Still a decent powerhouse, made even better with the threat of Lost World)
Limited - 7/10 (I'd personally keep it safe, but it can be effective here as a decently big Pokemon with a crippling Power and strong snipe attack)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Still don't see much Lost Zone stuff here, and his attacks are too expensive to use effectively)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back