Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2011 Kansas State Championship - March 12

Chairman Kaga

As usual, Kansas States will take place at Collector's Cache, at the corner of College Boulevard and Pflumm Road in Lenexa (map) on Saturday, March 12.

The most current info will be posted on our Facebook page here. Please subscribe to our Facebook page to receive any important updates, along with all the latest updates on area events.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for the crowd I predicted last year :) We got killed by the late snowstorm, but I think we could have had a lot more if the weather had cooperated. We were pretty much the only States in the region that Saturday.

This year doesn't look as promising. Illinois is on the same day, which will probably take a lot of the St. Louis crowd. Oklahoma is also same day. Iowa hasn't been announced yet.

But, Colorado and Utah both went on the second weekend, so we might see some folks from the west like we did two years ago -- another snowstorm kept Colorado players away from Utah, so they came here instead.

Anybody's guess on what we'll end up with, but tournaments have generally been up this year so I'd say over 100 is not unthinkable. I'd be shocked if we didn't beat last year, assuming the weather cooperates.

That sounds cool!
I'd like to see some Colorado player and Utah players go too!
I'm assuming theres no other tournaments at cache that day?
(Chess :/)

:/
Fun can be quiet...
I doubt there will be another though, 'cause they will need ALOT of space for players/parents to be in.

I'm assuming theres no other tournaments at cache that day?
(Chess :/)

Yeah, the chess thing was silly. Hopefully we can avoid scheduling that alongside Pokemon events in the future.

The only other event I'm aware of at Cache that day is a WoW Realm Qualifier, but that should be fairly small -- I don't expect more than 20 players. Pokemon should own the vast majority of the room.

I'll be there with at least 4 other St. Louis players =)

Hopefully I can go.

I hope to see a lot of nearby regional players!

Did I mention we're going to raffle off a 3DS as a door prize?

I know of at least 10 STL players in various age divisions coming!

Some of the junior/senior "weapons of war" will be there, but not all!

Let the speculation begin!

Vince

Back